JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Shift

Shift.png

Born as a girl, Alex Kane always felt like he was in the wrong body. He tried to live life as a girl, he liked guys so other girls wouldn’t think of him as weird but he knew it wasn’t who he was. Not having enough money for gender reassignment surgery, he became suicidal, until his mutant power to shape-shift emerged. After some practice, he managed to learn to hold a male form indefinitely, only returning to his original female form in times of great emotional stress. After figuring out his identity problem, Alex turned his attentions to the other things his powers could do. He learnt to increase his muscle mass and strength by will, giving him super strength. He found out about Pride and, at a Gay Pride march, approached them to ask if he could join. They were convinced when his skills helped them stop a violent clash with a homophobic counter march. He has now struck up a romantic relationship with Chance, but he hasn’t told his lover about his true identity, fearing it may drive him away.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Great idea with Pride. Very mature theme, even for conventional comics. Top notch art work, as always. Nike, (Winged Victory?), is beautiful! The Fairy Tale Fighters rock! I dig Thumbelina. I was seriously thinking of naming my character Amy Atom that.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Great idea with Pride. Very mature theme, even for conventional comics. Top notch art work, as always. Nike, (Winged Victory?), is beautiful! The Fairy Tale Fighters rock! I dig Thumbelina. I was seriously thinking of naming my character Amy Atom that.

Thanks. I can’t take full credit for the idea of Pride. Dicicatriz did the same thing a while ago and his were much better than mine. But I’m glad you like my work. Yeah Nike is named after the greek goddess of victory (spot the other Greek mythology references in the bio).

JR19759
    Keymaster

Double Trouble

Double-Trouble.png

The second experiment in creating the perfect humans that created Prince Charming and The Princess, Double Trouble was created by using technology salvaged from a destroyed Negadroid. The result was spectacular. Able to split into male and female halves, whilst their true combined form is a super strong being that has an almost instantaneous healing factor, and the ability to fly, and when in the split form they know exactly what the other is thinking. The two halves both have the same power set but at half the strength of the amalgamated form. Neither think of themselves as either gender, and their amalgamated form is classed as inter-sex. Whilst they are the same person, they pass themselves off as twins in public. They formed Pride to help protect the LGBT community from aggressive forces.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Last one for Pride

Enabler

Enabler.png

A genius and a mutate, Enabler is able to mimic any power she can think of, although only one at any given time, as well as being able to enhance and sense the powers of others. Born by a surrogate mother for a gay couple who wished to have a family, she is one of the worlds most vocal supporters for LGBT rights. She met Double Trouble when they saved her from an assassination attempt during a public speech she was giving. Soon afterwards she helped Double Trouble form Pride, helping to find other super-powered LGBT individuals.

Scatman

This crew is HOT HOT HOT!!!Nice job man!!I really think you did big D little i big C justice with this spin off!Smile

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Scatman said:

This crew is HOT HOT HOT!!!Nice job man!!I really think you did big D little i big C justice with this spin off!http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Thanks Scatman.

Group shot now.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/053/7/2/_pride_by_jr19759-d5vtff2.png

Hopefully this one won’t be blurry.
    As usual, critiques, condemnation, favourite designs, things I can improve, that sort of stuff.
    Villains may be coming.

Scatman

Now that’s a Team with a capital T lookin’ good!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Thanks. I can’t take full credit for the idea of Pride. Dicicatriz did the same thing a while ago and his were much better than mine. But I’m glad you like my work. Yeah Nike is named after the greek goddess of victory (spot the other Greek mythology references in the bio).

Pallas is another name for Athena, Goddess of Wisdom. Cool that you use the name for a male, keeping with the gender bending theme of Pride. Queen Styx refers to the river Styx leading to the Underworld of Hades.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Your group shot of Pride is fantastic! How do you pull off group shots like that? I had a hard enough time using the “all items” and moving back and forth with just two characters. I’m trying to get more ambitious, (see Sibling Rivalry in my Heros, All thread), but I don’t have the skills, yet. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Your group shot of Pride is fantastic! How do you pull off group shots like that? I had a hard enough time using the “all items” and moving back and forth with just two characters. I’m trying to get more ambitious, (see Sibling Rivalry in my Heros, All thread), but I don’t have the skills, yet. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I usually export individual characters in a large size and then put them together in an external program.

prswirve
    Participant

Awesomeness!

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Your team is awesome! I’m humbled that Spectrum group could inspire you so much :) Double Trouble is such a novel way of incorporating an intersex character and Enabler looks so badass. She’s also a concept I hadn’t considered, especially with LGBT families becoming more commonplace. I could certainly see the two teams interacting together. My only complaint is that now I have all these ideas buzzing in my head, but have I try and hold to my Lenten commitment :( Have to hit the sketchpad and the journal I suppose. But anyway, keep it up! I approve wholeheartedly!

PS- I kind of like your white insignia more than mine… I might have to borrow it for the Anarqueers!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCicatriz said:

Your team is awesome! I’m humbled that Spectrum group could inspire you so much http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif Double Trouble is such a novel way of incorporating an intersex character and Enabler looks so badass. She’s also a concept I hadn’t considered, especially with LGBT families becoming more commonplace. I could certainly see the two teams interacting together. My only complaint is that now I have all these ideas buzzing in my head, but have I try and hold to my Lenten commitment http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif Have to hit the sketchpad and the journal I suppose. But anyway, keep it up! I approve wholeheartedly!

PS- I kind of like your white insignia more than mine… I might have to borrow it for the Anarqueers!

You’re making me blush Embarassed
    I’m glad you like them. I was trying to think of ways to do them without covering what you’d already done, which was hard because yours are so good. I did wonder if the logo was going a bit to far into rip off territory, especially with the coloured version, so for you to say you like it better than your own, I don’t know what to say.

Such a good looking team. That group shot is great! Love the colors.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.