Herr D's CFLs

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Herr D's CFLs

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 639 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

@Madjack: AWHHH, MAAAAAN! I wanted to meet an energy-saving lamp man. That would be a green genie, right? In a parka, so he could live comfortably with his eskimo mom. Because 300+ years ago, there was a wife-sharing incident . . .

A rare picture of ‘Blaesduft,’ her preferred spelling uncertain. She is, to all accounts, a low-power hero. She has weak wind powers and the ability to generate specific scents. “Blow scent” is how her name loosely translates from Danish, not “Blast Tufts,” as a certain American journalist misunderstood. He was reporting on an incident in Denmark where a terrorist tried to rob a bank to fund his cell. Amid the negotiations, she realized the terrorist’s identity, and that he was allergic to roses. Her attempt to cover him with that scent was nearly botched by the fact that she had to blow the scent in through a disused vent. Covered with rose-scented TUFTS of lint from the vent, the terrorist staggered out, sneezing, eyes watering, and broken out in hives. Interestingly enough, he had proven resistant to tear gas in an earlier incident. She has not been reached for comment.

*nathero

“Well, Aliens Don’t Wear Raincoats”

*pop-Roswell

Herr D
    Participant

“Savage Beauty Pop Q” –This particular creation was a response to Vidan. Vidan challenged his team of designers, saying that it wasn’t enough to turn the fashion world on its ear. Reportedly, no one was fired. The Heeled Hat With Built-In Buckle Sunglasses is by Avant Cardamom Milliners. Feathered Beret and Coiffure Pumps made to match by PUMPITUP! Productions. The HangUp Purse by Shock Accessories comes with ten extra helium charges not shown here.

*sbpop

“The Charade Of Undead Pirate Simms”–Because sometimes being cursed isn’t as frustrating as just communicating . . .

Hey, SOMEONE was gonna go there . . .

*pirates

Somehow it just screamed “old fish restaurant decor kitsch.” The front and back of Mr. Crab were two of the items. The third item is in three color schemes as most of the ship in the bottle.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2015hm/HerrD-FishPlaceDecor_zpsmeidnygd.png

*OPMC

Herr D
    Participant

She’ll mesmerize you, he’ll figure out the solution, he’ll get it ALL done, and it will DAZZLE you with its amazing powers of bioluminescence!

*team

“Padiddle Brody, AKA Wheels” was spurned by the activists of the civil rights movements of the sixties that he tried to assist, because he only advocated for getting himself rich. He didn’t come quietly. All four arresting officers were hospitalized along with him. He claimed at trial that he only drove the getaway car and didn’t even know the identity of the other bank robbers. Despite his thievery, he was dearly loved by many for his capacity to disable squad cars and soup up ambulances, fire trucks, and getaway cars for the activists that needed to get away from police that would have unfairly killed them. Nicknamed for the ‘padiddle’ game, which he claimed to win by having the right to call it at all times, having only one eye himself.

It wasn’t true, of course, he could see perfectly, just had extreme photosensitivity in his left eye from a welding accident years ago.

“That’s not mine!”

*pop60

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

wow, extremly original team detected! (+1 intensifies)

the “&” name shall win name of the year award, i am 100% sure about it (+1)

simply wonderful! (big +1 for you)

Herr D
    Participant

wow, extremly original team detected! (+1 intensifies) the “&” name shall win name of the year award, i am 100% sure about it (+1) simply wonderful! (big +1 for you)

Why, thank you! I was going for one of those during-credit montages that they wind up using a still from to bridge the dead air between show and commercials. “and” as a character name is something I’ve done before in writing. It was originally supposed to be an excuse to use no capital letter at the beginning of a sentence, but hey, it turned out to be indicative of an inability to just do one thing. Supertaskers are practically speed demons, right?

“Thoth Startled Hearing Smashing Stone Tablets”

I had a thought about this one. Somewhere or another, be it an external dimension or a distant planet, the being thought of as Thoth might have been listening in while tapping at a relief when humans started being irreverent toward aliens or supernatural beings even greater than himself by smashing the Ten Commandments’ stone tablets. He goes into an ibis’ pose as a defensive reflex, he turns and hunches to defend himself with the hammer, popping the hidden Book Of Thoth unpasted from his headwrap which goes flying into a corner. Dust settles a bit. Silence.

Then he blurts out, “FINE! Humans. Awwwk!”

*WLAE

P.S. I forgot to mention, his loincloth makes a reference to how he ‘enabled’ five lives to be created in his thrice great craftiness, and so ruined the perfect year . . .

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

thoth words made me burst with laughter! (the awwwk part is truly funny for me)

Thoth you created in HM made me burst with tribue towards you!

Here’s another wonderful +1 for even more wonderful creator!

Herr D
    Participant

Why, thank you, LC! I’ve recently rarely had the opportunity to use that much time on one creation. I miss having more online time.

Who is the Jack Of Clubs? Well, historically speaking . . .

*popcard

Vampyrist
    Participant

That is amazingly made. I love it!

Herr D
    Participant

Thank you, V! Baseball or history fan? It’s surprisingly hard to step away from bigfoot realism toward impressionism or deco-shape, but I recommend it to every serious artist once in a while.

“Thrill Ride 823” XTS, the extreme sports company, realized they would schedule their 823rd event on 8/23. So they had this idea. Skydivers would jump from barnstormers minutes before a thunderstorm. As the barnstormers would peel away, the skydivers would go from the drop zone to land on pre-parked rocket-carts. The first contestant to get through the obstacle course, including a water hazard, a stunt course, and a naturally occurring cave, would win. Eight of ten of the contestants caught their parachutes on fire and were put out with desert sand and gusto from the crowd. Bobby “Brrzerk” Zerk crashed in the stunt course for a second place, allowed to borrow a regular skateboard to complete the stunt course and run the rest of the way. The winner was Rory “Roars” McTavish, the crowd favorite since he jumped with the chute harnessed to a dragon costume, which he finished the race in, despite completely demolishing the head of it against the wing of his plane. But then, things like that do make a crowd favorite.

*OPMC

“Escape Attempt 12” The Skyway Prison had a close call at 1300 hours today, when a guard belatedly realized an alarm had been triggered on the manacle plate of a prisoner not identified at this time. From the strength of the response, seven guard teams, news sources are certain there can only be one certain prisoner involved. The prison authority has declined to comment.

*pop3i0820

Herr D
    Participant

I ran into this problem . . . invulnerable characters with no garments from the same source . . . AFTER tweaking the backstory so daddy dearest wasn’t a murderer or a Mengele.

“Radior Meets Red Tape”

*shocking

“Fabled Footwear” found in first class . . .

*pop-oddfootwear-WINNAH

I wonder how many people DON’T know the toe rhyme?

*I have been notified that at least one Latin American language has a popular translation.

Herr D
    Participant

“Dream Treehome”

*Ooal

Tiberius

Very nicely done with the Tree-house. That is seriously well thought out. I’m guessing this is for the contest.

You have quite an imagination! I went back through a lot of your past work and there are some that could only come from a good imagination. Well done on all the work here.

Herr D
    Participant

Yikes. Thank you, T! My imagination does tend to be the elephant in the room. If only my skills could catch up to it, or better yet, my speed of execution!

Hairy told me this ‘story’ about where he’s been while I’ve been ‘monitoring’ Shelob for him.

“So, I lost my ride. Had to take care of it. Then I met this old-timer. He gave me a lift. We went a little out of our way. We had to avoid this storm, and he had some, uh, dietary issues. Then I found out he was homeless, had a disability, and, worse, the staff of the park he was living near had led him to believe they’d keep giving him food and stopped suddenly. He doesn’t even know why. Dazed and confused, he didn’t even know the way back! I had to find him a situation and leave him. Felt bad about it, but I can’t take him in. The cold in my area would kill him, even if I could support him. I took him back south a ways, so at least the coming winter won’t bother him so much. Anyway, sorry I’ve been out of touch for so long.”

I’m out of time, and this subject DOES deserve more–so I just missed doing Mother Theresa! This is another good candidate though.

First published feminist poet in the Americas? Yeah. Nun? Huh. Some symbolism here: femme symbol combined from peace and cross, then balancing cross  / scales. Scrolls and quills from Polyhymnia, muse of sacred poetry. What I read says the black dye is expensive to make, besides time-consuming. Wimple was a must, though. Her work is the first reference I’ve seen for “don’t blame the victim” besides possibly Shakespeare. Nice stuff.

*popSkull-duggery

Herr D
    Participant

“Melted Large Calibers Still Hurt A Little” points out that sometimes powers might not be the end-all-be-all people seem to imagine. The fire elemental has survived without a bona fide bullet wound, but may have killed the gunman, certainly wounded him badly. The fire elemental has a single fractured rib from the glob of molten metal still traveling at bullet speed.

*elem

cliff
    Participant

Herr D

Your creations are amazing and as original as always.

Congrats on your Piggies sandle WIN and your Tree house “green”prints WIN

“Melted Large Calibers Still Hurt A Little” is kewl, love his blazing hot yellow hide, and the smoke effect.  Kewl use of the companion and the singed effects on him and his hands.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 639 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.