HEROS, ALL

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery HEROS, ALL

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 333 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I’m trying to put my characters into a single, cohesive universe. Not sure what to call this group. I came up with either Urban Soul Patrol or The Sisterhood. Any other suggestions? All welcome. The team members are, left to right: Liberty, Star Spangled Sister, Miss X and Basher. Though Miss X is the only member without superpowers or enhancements, she is the most experienced and the most feared member. Like a living sculpture, Liberty has a dense musculature, with a high concentration of copper, like her namesake, which is responsible for her skin color. Star Spangled Sister admired Miss X and trained in weapons and hand to hand combat to try and equal her hero. With training from Miss X and genetic enhancements from the Organisation, Triple S, as she is sometimes called has Level 2-5 superstrength, increased endurance and regenerative abilities. Basher is the youngest and most aggressive of the group. She also trained with Miss X in martial arts and boxing, and also had enhancements, courtesy of the Organisation. Similar in strength level to Triple S, Basher also has regenerative abilities; oddly though, whatever scars and bruises she had before her enhancements treatments have not healed. She uses this as a psychological edge in battle, appearing more vulnerable than she actually is.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/04/SOUL-PATROL.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

My first thought was “Slaves to the Rhythm.” New York… Grace Jones (who is one of my all-time favorites!)… Demolition Women… Or… “The Apple Corps” to keep with the NYC vibe. Yeah, pretty rotten of me. Wink

Ooooh… a lot of us are doing the “50 states” theme… how about a Club 54? Their leader could be “Freakout!” Time to put on some Yvonne Elliman. Night night.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

A couple more versions of Arclight and my latest of Black Hole.ARCLIGHT-ROOF.pngARCLIGHT-SPCE-CLSUP.pngARCLIGHT-SPCE.pngNO-ESCAPE2.png

prswirve
    Participant

Awesome group shot! I love your beasts of burden series..

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, prs. I’m disappointed in myself though regarding a MIss X story for Ascension. I’ve been totally tapped out for the past few weeks as far as writing, (you know my back storys tend to be lengthy). The Beasts of Burden was fun to come up with, but that large group shot, (I forgot, I think I got in 9 or 10 members), was hella hard to do, keeping track of the layers.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Flygirl. I finally did a version of her in flight that I’m satisfied with. I think I’ve come a long way from my first attempt. Here’s a before and after.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/04/FLY-GIRL2.pngflygirl3.png

Weilyn

Great improvement!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, Weilyn. I scrapped a few versions before I got that.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

The Atlantean. One day her curiosity got the better of her and she had to see what the surface world was like. She had heard the stories of The Old Ones from her grandparents. The ones who could live in the ocean or on land. That thousands of years ago some chose to permanently live on the surface among the air breathers. That through mating with them, they eventually lost their fins, scales, beautiful green skin color and the ability to breath under water. She heard the rumors that her people today still have the latent ability to breath air, but no one has bothered to try for hundreds of years. She also knew that many doubt those stories, that they always lived in the ocean and never were able to survive on the surface. Today is finally the day. She took a deep gulp of water and made her way to the surface. Little did she know, that with all she was to experience, her life was to be changed forever. atlantean.pngatlantean-clsup.png

ExtremelyEPIC
    Participant

I really like Fly Girl !

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, Epic. I have no real full story for her. I did have an origin of sorts but when I remade her I aged her and haven’t come up with an explanation as to why she’s so much older.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

My first shot at a Golden Age hero. I re-imagined my character, Star Spangled Sister in that style. Those who have viewed my threads know that I mostly do Black female characters. Couldn’t find any Golden Age Black characters, male or female. Reflection of the times. BTW, prswirve made the observation that I seem to have a thing for Black women and stars. I guess he’s right, lol!WinkGolden-Age-SSS.png

RobM
    Participant

Star-Child-Cover.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, RobM! Really cool!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

A little experimenting with a page editor, Comic Life. Mainly to help with grouping my heros into teams. Beasts of Burden; The Immortals: African Violet, Maidenhead, Dark Cherub, (may call them Immortal Sisterhood, instead); Stacked Deck: Ace of Diamonds, King of Spades, Queen of Clubs, Jack of Hearts http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/b-of-b.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/IMMORTALS.png.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/STACKED-DECK.png

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.