HEROS, ALL

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery HEROS, ALL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 333 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

MUTANTS, ALIENS AND BRAWLERS! BLACKSHOT: a genetically enhanced marksman.
    BURN UNIT: fire manipulating mutant.
    PLATINUM: otherworldly powerhouse.
    MISS TREE, (a play on mystery): mystic ninja.
    HOTHEAD: Burn Unit’s mutant sister, also a fire manipulator.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/BLACKSHOT.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/BURN-UNIT.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/PLATINUM.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/MISS-TREE.pngHOTHEAD.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

MIGHTY MITES: As per my earlier question re copyrighted material, I’ll leave Knuckle Buster up to you guys. Black Light is the tweaked version. KNUCKLE-BUSTER-2.pngBLACK-LIGHT.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

Glad to see that you got going. Welcome to the forums. Please read the rules. Have fun with HM.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks Hammerknight. Glad to see that Knuckle Buster made the cut, lol! I am having fun, but HM 3 is really challenging me! I have a lot of trouble sizing costumes to the poses and end up abandoning the character in frustration and going back to 2.5. I’m experimenting with layering and I’m sure I’ll eventually get the hang of it.

Hammerknight
    Participant

You don’t have to do poses, straight characters are fine. Take your time it will all come to you.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

I know how you feel. When I first started using HM3, I could barely create anything at all. Hang in there though and you’ll eventually get the hang of it.

And Hammerknight’s right, you don’t have to pose your characters. Go have a look at some of mine. I very rarely pose them.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks guys. Here’s my second HM3 character, Star Spangled Sister: Urban Warrior. I’m pretty satisfied with how she came out, though with time I know I’ll do even better. Originally, I wanted the stars to be black with no stars on the black arm, but I couldn’t figure how to color the pattern. I’ll include her original version done on 2.5. Which do you think looks better? I also wanted to screen cap the wide screen, but it kept going back when I touched any key. As I’m writing this an idea of how to do that just came to me. I’ll try it later. And Anarchangel, in response to your quote, look at Dark Cherub in my other thread, MyNew Creations.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/URBAN-BLIGHT.pngSTAR-SPANGLED-SISTER.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

“BIG DEAL!” That was Sgt. Lincoln Kennedy’s reply when told he’s lucky to be alive, after being caught in an IED explosion in Iraq. That explosion did more than kill his entire unit; it was a dirty bomb that left him horribly scarred and sickened with radiation poisoning. After almost a year in and out of a coma, he surprised all of the medical staff attending him not only by surviving in the first place, but also by actually absorbing and metabolising the radiation that was ravaging his body. Increased musculature, bone and muscle density, healing, reflexes and strength were all gained in the process. Kennedy is probably the most reluctant superhero ever. He always hated his name, but out of love and respect for his parents never changed it. Proud of his service to his country, he has grown to hate the government that sent him and thousands of others to be maimed and killed in a foreign land that never threatened them. He has dedicated his life to fighting genuine threats to the country he loves, both foreign and domestic and exposing the “dirty little secrets” of his country. He has met and occasionally allied himself with other superhumans, some of whom gained their abilities through clandestine, government sponsored experiments. While it is not known just how strong and invulnerable he is, he refuses to use any weapon of any kind, relying on his brain and his brawn. There are those in government positions who support his efforts, but must do so in secret because there are more who view him as a threat for his efforts to expose corruption and refusal to be a “government tool.”http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/BIG-DEAL.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Who he was is not important. Who he is, is VooDoo Jones, Zombie Warrior! Even the strongest superheroes have a hard time fighting the undead and that’s where Jones comes in. Master of arcane arts and Walker of the Bridge between the worlds of the living and the dead, VooDoo Jones protects the world against supernatural threats.VooDoo-Jones.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

It occurred to me after I did the original version of Brainjack, that it wouldn’t make sense for him to have the superhero name before he actually became a superhero. So here is an adult version of Brainjack. Out of college and sporting that extra, buffed up look he wanted so much in high school, Brainjack invented a couple of gadgets to help focus and amplify his powers. His headst is a psionic-Alpha wave amplifier which helps him regulate the strentgh of his telepathic blasts and his wrist cannon directs them at an individual or a crowd as the situation merits. Both devices are under complete mental control. So much for Brainjack’s abilities and equipment. If anyone sees a direction to take him or has ideas to fill out his back story, feel free to borrow and elaborate on him. Just let me see where you take him, that’s all I ask. His original, high schooler version is in the thread My New Creations.BRAINJACK-ADULT.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Josiah Ashland Smith was born in 17th Century New England. Of course, back then, no one knew of mutants. His parents truly looked upon him as a gift from God, seeing that none of his older siblings lived past the age of 13 and his Mother was almost 40 when he was born and his father was well into his 50’s. Not the usual for the times. Nor was it usual that by age 13 Josiah was plowing the family acreage by himself without the aid of the horse team pulling the plow. There were those in the community who feared Josiah but due to the high moral standing of the family, kept their concerns to themselves. Plus, those self same people have more than once benefited from Josiah’s strength of body and spirit and came to look on him as especially blessed. Things started to change when Josiah and others noticed that while all those he knew and loved grew old and died, he remained very vigorous and youthful. When the first rumblings of witchcraft reached his ears, he quickly left the colony of his birth and set out to other parts of the new nation, never forgetting nor wavering in his Puritanical faith. It was not until the middle of the 20th Century that he learned the term mutant, and for the first time in his long life, turned to science instead of God to better understand himself. Josiah has had to reinvent himself numerous times over the centuries, usually as a decendant of his previous identity. He is currently living as Josiah Ashland III, professor of historical theology at a prestigious New England university. He has amassed a rather substantial fortune over his lifetime and has adjusted to each changing age rather comfortably. He fights meta-human “sinners” under the guise of The Pilgrim. Josiah is “blessed” with super human strength, regenerative and super healing abilities, extended lifespan, (though he has no idea of his actual life expectancy he doubts he is truly “immortal”), and an uncanny ability to focus in on immorality anywhere and to sense an individuals’ biggest sin. Though he is well over 300 years old, Josiah has the appearance of a very athletic man in his late 50’s or early 60’s. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/PILGRIM.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I forgot to take the graph off, so here’s The Pilgrim again.PILGRIM-1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

A more mature take on Hothead and her pet dragon, Brimstone. “All Burnt Up!”ALL-BURNT-UP.png

Weilyn

Wow! Very impressive work!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, Weilyn! I’ve only been on HM for about a month and this version of Hothead took a lot of time and patience for me. Still a lot to learn. As a non-artist, I appreciate any feedback I get on my characters. Check out Hothead’s brother, Burn Unit, in a more mature take.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/BURN-UNIT2.png

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.