Dionne Jinn Style

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Dionne Jinn Style

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 158 total)
  • Author

Weilyn

I’m loving the Sandokan pictures! Have you written any background for them?

Dionne Jinn

Sandokan and the rest of the stuff is based on this wonderful Italian adventure novel Sandokan – The Tigers of Mompracem by Emilio Salgari. I’m simply drawing scenes described in it.

Weilyn

Oh, cool, great idea!

By the way, do you have any tips for making backgrounds? Yours are just amazing, and I have a hard time working with a large background, as the “working area” of the HeroMachine is relatively small.

Dionne Jinn

I’ll tell you my secret. I have an “anchor” background with a simple floor and two bottles, one set to each end of the area which will exported so I know where the edges are. As so:http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/dionne-jinn/2012/11/hm3-beta8.png

I have a text file for it, and when starting to work on a new image, I always upload it first so I know where the edges are going to be. Then I build the background on top of it.

Weilyn

That’s ingenious. Thank you very much for the tip! Smile

Dionne Jinn

Here is an updated version of Marianna and Yanez having a walk. The hand/arm thing is still my main issue with it. Now Marianna’s arm looks more like a tentacle… And their faces are still not finished.

MariannaYanez10.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Something like this?

AtomicPunk-InterlockingArms.png

Harlekin

Marianna pose is very good. I love the thematic of the walk. Great execution.

Dionne Jinn

Thanks for the help, Atomic. I had successfully forgotten we had that female arm… Using it did a world of difference. Thanks a million. Thanks to you too, Harlequin.

And I really should finally do their faces properly, as those empty eyes creep the hell out of me…

MariannaYanez12.png

Dionne Jinn

This version just went up to ODC#49:
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/307/c/4/marianna_and_yanez_walking___wip_ocd_edition_by_dionnejinn-d5jtxrs.png

Weilyn

Looks great!

Dionne Jinn

Thanks. Here is slightly changed version following Jeff’s advice during the OCD.
    MariannaYanez231.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

Glad to see you posting again.

Dionne Jinn

Thanks Hammerknight.

Next in order: A bit of venting and ranting. You folks here know the feeling you have, when you have put everything you’ve got into making an absolutely great illustration, and then realise that there is something horribly, almost uncurably wrong with it. Well… At least I know how it feels now… I was working on this new Sandokan image, but didn’t have The Tigers of Mompracem at hand for reference and had to trust my memory how the scene I was doing was played out. And my memory failed me! So I practically have to re-do the whole thing from half way through. *insert a group of suitably nasty swearwords here*

But on the good side, the image is guite nice:hm3-beta9.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Even if it may be wrong story wise, it is still a fantastic composition. I really like the blood spatter effect.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.