CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 660 total)
  • Author

Jeimuzu
    Participant

@djuby said:

Very cool! Amazing colour!

Totally agree here. ^^

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Shading on point, as usual. :D

ams
    Participant

Great blending of colors! Love it!

Herr D
    Participant

Six also has one of the more interesting backstories I’ve seen in a while.

I am highly impressed by your shading…I thought I was getting good until I saw all of this you have been creating

Mad Jack
    Participant

Shifter and Cyber-6 look great! But I’m a little confused – since when are your characters so chastely dressed?! Laugh

CantDraw
    Participant

Wow! It’s been more than a month since the last post, so I’ll start by responding to Mad Jack. Don’t worry, there’s more skin, er…I mean, characters to come. I have three to upload now but I’m waiting to see how the forums run first before I start posting.

CantDraw
    Participant

Cool! It looks like everything is working for me, so let’s get down to business. Back to Shadow Sanction and the next member of the team, Winterforge.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/CantDraw-Winterforge.png

BIO:
    Created before recorded history when magic reigned supreme as a weapon against her master’s enemies, “Winter” rebelled against her master. In a fit of rage, she covered the surrounding lands in ice. Sorrowful for what she had done, Winter cocooned herself in ice and slept until modern times until she was discovered deep within Antarctica. Unbeknownst to the team, and possibly to herself, she was once human, but was used as a host for the Winterforge entity. Intertwined psychically, Winter exhibits multiple personalities from whimsical to stone-cold killer to frozen by fear.

To create this character, I look at a lot of images of blue ice. I think I did decent job of capturing the ice effect, well. Tell me what you think.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

CantDraw
    Participant

Another member of the team, Starlight.

Starlight

BIO:
    Femora and Anna Cosmic are the children of Emperor Cosmic, ruler of the Milky Way Galaxy, which is far in the future. The Cosmic royal line only produces male heirs so they must marry women from other planets to procreate. But every thousand years a daughter is born who inherits the Cosmic Light, the most powerful force in the galaxy. What made this birth more special is that twin daughters were born, but only Anna received the power. Femora, ever the loving sister, went on to demonstrate special abilities, as well – her intelligence and athletic ability being surpassed by none. Since Anna has the Cosmic Light, she has been pampered most of her life and can be very selfish, except in the presence of her sister, Anna, whom she loves very much.

Did I mention Femora? Hmm…I think I see a redesign in the near future. Also, this completes the primary team for Shadow Sanction, except for the leader.

Attachments:

CantDraw
    Participant

And here’s the leader of Shadow Sanction, The Suit.

The Suit (As Leader of Shadow Sanction)

The Suit (As Superhero)

BIO:
    Cassandra Walls was given a super suit by aliens and told she was part of a greater corps from across the galaxy. She was assigned to protect Earth from global and intergalactic threats. The suit provided whatever power she needed to accomplish the task from super-strength and invulnerability to flight, invisibility and super-vision.
    Over time she noticed she would black out and not remember what she had done in the suit. Fortunately, the suit “woke up” her dormant, innate ability for precognition. With it she discovered the aliens true agenda. If she continued on her path, they would use her to take over the planet. Knowing that the blackouts were caused by the aliens taking control, in seconds she found the ship invisibly orbiting the planet and killed everyone on board. Painfully, she last part of a leg in the process.
    With the help of Dr. Silver, she was fitted with an artificial leg. She then took over the alien ship and used it’s technology to erase her existence as a superhero with the exception of a select few. Cassandra now uses it as the Shadow Sanction’s base of operations.
    What the team doesn’t know is the she brought these five extremely powerful heroes together because she has seen two possible futures for each, one dark and one light. If anyone of the go dark, it could be the end of everything. She hopes to guide them down the right path while protecting the planet at the same time.

Attachments:

CantDraw
    Participant

I’m going to do something I’ve never done, I think – posting a work in progress.  I’m currently working on a redesign of one of my favorite characters of all time, Femora.  I thought I’d get really ambitious with this project and do a three-pose picture, twice – one in her regular costume and one in her deep-space suit.  I liked the first pose so much I’d thought I’d share the whole concept…that, and I doubt I’ll finish it this week.

Femora-WIP

The back pose is completely finished, possibly, and I have the sitting pose started.  I plan on having a flying pose in the middle similar in style and size to the one showing.

Sorry Mad Jack, I originally had her wearing much less, but decided to go with the skin-tight suit, which, frankly, isn’t that much different. 😉

Attachments:

Stulte
    Participant

Both the back pose and the sitting pose are awesome, can’t wait to see the final results!

CantDraw
    Participant

Well, I finished the sitting pose, so that’s two down and one to go. Here’s how it’s looking so far:

WIP-Femora-2

You’ll notice I made a change to her hair and the shape of her face. While doing the sitting pose, I couldn’t make the hair style work facing forward, so I changed it. For the finale, I plan on mimicking the pose in the middle but I’m hoping to put her gun in the foreground hand and give her a space-type helmet. Also, I think I’ll have the gun firing while she’s taking on fire which will hit some type of personal force-field. I probably should put some background around each pose, but I’ll figure that out later.

Attachments:

CantDraw
    Participant

Now I have the pose, and that’s all I plan on doing until next week:

WIP-Femora-3

Attachments:

CantDraw
    Participant

Testing. Moderators, please delete the above post. I’m having some major problems trying to load an image. I’ll try another post and see if it works.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 660 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.