CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 660 total)
  • Author

Stulte
    Participant

I really love the hair and the suit.

Linea24
    Participant

I love everything about Captain Gayle, but I really like her suit!

CantDraw
    Participant

Thank y’all for the great comments!

BTW, go check out Part 1 of my Coloring Tutorial

CantDraw
    Participant

For the Great Tastes Sci-Fi contest, I present to you Sci-Fi Angel:

CantDraw-SciFiAngel.png

Well, I thought it was time to change my style a little bit. I’m liking the the not-quite-colored-in effect. Also, I want to add more detail to my characters, thanks to recent inspirations from some of our newer folks, and use more items in ways they weren’t designed for. This is my new favorite, and I hope you like it, too.

Vampyrist
    Participant

That’s fantastic!

Hammerknight
    Participant

That’s sweet.Cool

Trekkie
    Participant

That’s pretty damn spectacular

Jeimuzu
    Participant

My goodness, those wings are just stunning. Such an awesome character!

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

HOLY #$@%!! That’s marvelous!! The shading effects are top notch!

Nug
    Participant

That’s nuts man! Awesome job! Gonna have to look this over hard to see how you pulled off those wings. ;)

Anarchangel
    Participant

You must have spent a long time on those wings. Really nice work.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

I love Sci-Fi Angel! Great posing/coloring/shading. Great everything!

Valyndril
    Participant

Wow! It’s amazing! Your characters have such awesome poses, it makes a very dynamic picture. And your shading is fantastic! I’ve read your tutorial, and will try that method! Thank you for taking time to make that! ^-^
    Just a little advice (and I may be wrong, take it or leave it :P) : Maybe put less contrast in the faces? For example, in the angel picture (which very nice btw) I would’ve put the highlight of her right cheek a bit darker and more diffused. And maybe more contrast to the hair :)
    As I said, its only my little advice, and I may be wrong.
    Anyhow, your art is awesome and inspiring!

Delirious AL
    Participant

Sweet stuff man!!! Laugh

CantDraw
    Participant

Wow! Thank y’all so much! The wings were definitely the focal point of this character. As soon as I set the pose, I worked on the wings. What’s funny is that I was originally going to do a fairy but decided I wanted huge, feathery wings, instead.

Valyndril – I welcome all comments, including criticisms. Honestly, I had thought about that spot on the cheek after I posted, but, at that point, I was just glad to be done. Also, I thought that I should have tried do the whiteout thing on the hair, but I’ll give it shot on the next character. Just so you’ll know, your stuff inspired me to use more items and show more detail.

FYI, for those following the Red Bat comics, I plan on getting back to those once I finish the Black Witch character on my Sumina thread. It’ll be interesting to see if I can incorporate these new techniques into those, especially when it comes to Red Bat’s costume.

Now, off to try and knock out a character for the Pop Quiz.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 660 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.