CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

• This topic has 659 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by ams.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 660 total)
  • Author

CantDraw
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind some input on this. I lengthened the legs a little and was wondering if that looked better: although it’s like comparing apples to oranges with the change in costume.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Crimson Conjurer is Nice! Both versions, but the legs do seem a bit disproportionately thin. Love the hat on the modern version!

CantDraw
    Participant

And now for my retro-mage, Druidess:

CantDraw-Druidess.pngCantDraw-Druidess-hs.png

BIO:

Druidess was possessed by an ancient, druidic spirt that gave her the power of nature magic. It was unknown at the time as to the level of her abilities, but it was rumored they may have been almost to a cosmic level.

I tried some new coloring techniques to get the lighting/shading effects which I thought turned out well. I included a head shot so you could get a better idea of what I did.

Love it. Love her face. And the lighting is fantastic!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Beautiful!

FRM

wow!

CantDraw
    Participant

Sadly, things did not go so well the for Druidess:

CantDraw-TheVessel.png

BIO:
    Unlike the others, Druidess was not pulled into the future, but pushed to the far corners of the universe. She has traveled back to our world and discovered her true ability. She can channel non-corporeal beings of varying degrees of power. Normally she posseses them and is in complete control, except for the other-dimensional being she now harbors. Sadly, the druidic spirit she once contained was pushed out by this new entity, and now she goes by the name, The Vessel.

I had a really hard time deciding on her modern version, but finally settled on this. If I had to vote on which version I like better, I’d say the retro.

CantDraw
    Participant

Fashion Contest:

CantDraw-Flapper.png

I thought I’d go for regular folk on this one, so she’s not a part of the retro-verse. Of course, I couldn’t just do something normal, so tried something from the 30s-40s era. Hope you like!

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Druidess is just about the most amazing HM creation I’ve ever seen! That lighting is impeccable. Nice job!

CantDraw
    Participant

Gosh, thanks. That’s high praise coming from you. Embarassed

Linea24
    Participant

I love the way you did Druidess! She beautiful!

CantDraw
    Participant

Retro-version of the Axis powers answer to Lady Yankee:

CantDraw-TheEagle.png

BIO:

A product of the Nazi’s Aryan soldier program, The Eagle, was Lady Yankee’s nemesis. With super-strength, regrowth, practically unbeatable hand-to-hand combat skills, she was the Allies’ most formidable foe. Her powers, however, had a limited window, and required continued injections.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Femme fatale!

Herr D
    Participant

Your flapper is a good example of what their period did right. Laugh

CantDraw
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the great comments. I know haven’t done the modern version of The Eagle but I jast had to create a new hero for the amalgam contest:

CantDraw-AmericanPhantom.png

BIO:

American Phantom (an amalgam of Phantom Lady and Miss America) has the ability to change the molecular structure of nearby items and surroundings. She often uses this ability to cloak her arrival and appearance.

I’ve made her a part of my retro-verse so I plan to do a modern version of her, as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 660 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.