Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

The last (current) member of The Lost Boys is the teleporting Sidestep.

Sidestep.png

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Another cool character with a great looking costume. Smile

CantDraw
    Participant

Sweet costume. The colors look great.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks guys.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Before The Lost Boys were The Lost Boys, they were The Nowhere Kids(â„¢) and they counted two girls among their number. One of those girls was Vertigo, Sidestep’s twin sister, and she was able to alter a person’s sense of equilibrium. Eventually both girls decided they wanted a normal life and left the group of wannabe local heroes. It was Vertigo, on her way out the door, who commented that the now all male group were like the lost boys of Peter Pan fame. The name has stuck ever since.

I figured since I’ve completed the current Lost Boys, I should try and include their former members as well. Vertigo was just a quick, fun little design. The costume’s simple and there’s not really much detail but I like it.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/anarchangel/2014/07/Vertigo.png

“You’re looking a little dizzy…Moreso than usual.” – Vertigo.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Hey guys, I have a question for some of the longer serving members of the forum. Did we or did we not once have a forum member named Vertigirl or am I just imagining that?

Vertigo made me think about this.

Vampyrist
    Participant

I think we did and Vertigo’s nice.

TheSoupster
    Participant

It’s always quite tough to try and represent psychic or invisible powers, but you’ve done it well with vertigo! The way all the rings are different orientations does the job nicely. :)

Anarchangel
    Participant

Another quick former member of The Nowhere Kids (who are now The Lost Boys, in case you haven’t been paying attention).

Fever‘s touch can cause sickness and hallucinations in others. As you can imagine, this puts a serious damper on her social life. Fever never really wanted to be a part of the group. She just happened to have the misfortune of being one of a handful of kids at her school who developed super powers (Not that she sees hers as being very “super”) and kind of got swept up in the action that followed.

Fever.png

“Please don’t touch me….I’m poison.” – Fever.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Nice costume!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Believe it or not, Fever’s not supposed to be wearing a blindfold. It’s supposed to be a visor but I forgot to fix it to show that…..Damn.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Here’s yet another remake of American Dream. Daisy Dukes and all.

I was considering entering her in this weeks contest but I’m not sure if this look qualifies. Mostly because I’m not entirely sure what constitutes a modern character other than living in the modern era. Is there a specific style modern characters use? Can anyone clarify for me?

Anarchangel-American-Dream.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Anarchangel said:

Here’s yet another remake of American Dream. Daisy Dukes and all.

I was considering entering her in this weeks contest but I’m not sure if this look qualifies. Mostly because I’m not entirely sure what constitutes a modern character other than living in the modern era. Is there a specific style modern characters use? Can anyone clarify for me?

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/anarchangel/2014/07/Anarchangel-American-Dream.png

Really I’m just looking for characters in the art style of the 80’s, 90’s or 00’s. I’d say this would qualify.

Anarchangel
    Participant

OK. Thanks JR.

Trekkie
    Participant

Vertigo, Fever, American Dream… They all look great!

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.