Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

The Goliath Beetle (or simply Goliath) is one of the reasons the insectoid human community has such a bad reputation. A merrcenary by trade, Goliath’s loyalty is to whoever can pay him the most. And unfortunately, those people tend to be on the wrong side of the law. And are usually enemies of the Ant Queen.

Goliath is an incredibly dangerous individual. Capable of shrinking down to a size where he could fit in a human hand, he can often infiltrate enemy bases undetected. But it’s when he uses his power to grow to massive sizes that Goliath becomes truly frightening. He is destruction on two legs and quite often a pair of remarkably tough wings too. The armored Goliath can seem unstoppable and to date, no single hero has ever been able been able to bring him down without help.

Goliath is a bully at heart and delights in tormenting the skittish wannabe hero Firefly whenever he gets the chance. He hates heroes like Vespa and Dragonfly. Although he’s kind of fond of Dragonfly’s partner, Static Buzz, simply because on one occasion when Goliath went on a rampage Static ended things in his usual direct manner by offering the mercenary more money that his employer was. In actual fact Static had hacked Goliath’s employers bank account and transferred the money to Goliath. Goliath didn’t really care one way or the other. So long as he got paid.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/anarchangel/2013/10/Goliath.png

“Puny insects!” – Goliath.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I am really loving this! Saviour is scary badass! I think my favs are him and Black Betty!

Anarchangel
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

I am really loving this! Saviour is scary badass! I think my favs are him and Black Betty!

Thanks. It seems Betty’s pretty popular. I’m actually kind of surprised by that.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

I have to re-iterate the Black Betty love going on in this thread. Very nice work! I think it’s the monochromatic costume and the cocked head that do it for me, just the right amount of attitude.

Goliath Beetle is amazing conceptually as well. :)

CantDraw
    Participant

Holy ****! I think Goliath Beetle is one of the coolest characters you’ve ever created. I can’t stop looking at it!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks guys.

Goliath is one of those characters I’ve been trying to create for months now.

Anarchangel
    Participant

I really need to make time to get back into HM3. I have a list of 254 characters (so far) that I’m trying to get done with HM3 and I feel like I’m barely even making a dent in it.

Stop getting in the way, life!

Herr D
    Participant

I have a larger-than-life backlog as well. My backlog is scattered among several media. Do you suppose it’s easier or harder to have a backlog in just one medium? I’ve heard some good arguments both ways.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Ni hao, fellow machinists!

I know, I know. I haven’t been on in forever. I’ve just been so busy with life and grand theft auto (yes, I’m still obsessed). But I checked in today and saw the ton of new items available. I couldn’t resist the urge to tinker with Dragonfly…again.

(I like to think MadJack was thinking of me and my love of bugs when he included those insect wings…Probably not.)

Dragonfly.png

“Sometimes the smallest of people can make the biggest impact” – Dragonfly (while 2 inches tall)

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Anarchangel said:

(I like to think MadJack was thinking of me and my love of bugs when he included those insect wings…Probably not.)

You mean you didn’t telepathically nudge him in the right direction like I did with the angel wings?! Either way, great pic and good to see that you’re back with us after your brief absence.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks. :)

Although I’m not sure I’m back back. But it does feel good to scratch that creative itch after a while. Even if it is just tinkering with a design I’ve gone over a bazillion times before.

We’ll see if I can muster up enough creative juices to actually get anything good in here.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Good to see you back, love Dragonfly’s new look. His helmet/mask looks so cool and of course those new wings are perfect for him.

Anarchangel
    Participant

I do like his helmet. It’s progressively looking more insect like…Which is good :)

Anarchangel
    Participant

No, I don’t have a new character to share with you (well actually I do but her accompanying story isn’t complete yet) but I just wanted to stop in and wish the entire Heromachine community a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever else you’re celebrating at this time of year. Even if you’re not celebrating anything and it’s just another day to you, I hope you have a good one.

:)

Hammerknight
    Participant

Merry Christmas.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.