a bit of lime

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery a bit of lime

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)
  • Author

RobM
    Participant

It is now.

Lime
    Participant

Skadi is a Norse goddess/giantess (there’s a lot of overlap) who is associated with winter, archery, and a deep and abiding hatred of Loki.

lime-skadi.png

Lime
    Participant

defendingangel.png

I seem to be listening to/watching quite a few angel-themed things lately.

Keric
    Participant

Like this one and the one just above! Now I know how to use Skadi’s fuzzy bra!

Lime
    Participant

So I’m attempting to do a picture of a certain American TV actor, and was wondering if I’d done a good enough likeness that people could recognize who it was supposed to be. Guesses?

actorhead.png

Herr D
    Participant

I’m horrible with faces, Sunni D guessed this.
    David Giuntoli? as Nick in Grimm.

Lime
    Participant

@Herr D said:

I’m horrible with faces, Sunni D guessed this.
    David Giuntoli? as Nick in Grimm.

Nope, though I can see why Sunni D thought so. I was about to say I should go back and add a wrinkle or two to my picture, because the guy I’m trying to portray is a little older, but then I looked it up. He is older — by a whopping 6 years. I think they make him look older for his role. Wonder if there’s any way I can make the eyebrows more … I dunno, “feathery,” I guess. That would be more accurate to the guy I have in mind.

Keric
    Participant

David Arquette?

Herr D
    Participant

@Lime said:
    He is older — by a whopping 6 years. I think they make him look older for his role. Wonder if there’s any way I can make the eyebrows more … I dunno, “feathery,” I guess. That would be more accurate to the guy I have in mind.

Layers of translucent? When I did a portrait of Rod Serling, I had to do that a lot. Feathery can be gotten with small Hair, mostly translucent showing only one of 3 colors, the same treatment of the crackling or fire Energy items in ItemRight.
    Good luck. Human faces are HARD. But then, I should stick to what I understand, right?

Lime
    Participant

@Keric said:

David Arquette?

Nope, not him.

Lime
    Participant

@Herr D said:

@Lime said:
    He is older — by a whopping 6 years. I think they make him look older for his role. Wonder if there’s any way I can make the eyebrows more … I dunno, “feathery,” I guess. That would be more accurate to the guy I have in mind.

Layers of translucent? When I did a portrait of Rod Serling, I had to do that a lot. Feathery can be gotten with small Hair, mostly translucent showing only one of 3 colors, the same treatment of the crackling or fire Energy items in ItemRight.
    Good luck. Human faces are HARD. But then, I should stick to what I understand, right?

“Feathery” was probably the wrong word. “Wispy” might have been better. Behold:
    eyebrow.png

However, I think translucence and using hair items might still be helpful advice. Thanks!

Herr D
    Participant

Sunni D guessed again.
    Karl Urban?

Mad Jack
    Participant

I think it’s James Roday (Shawn Spencer from Psych)… Confused

Lime
    Participant

Neither Karl Urban nor James Roday.

I think Sunni D’s guesses are most similar in appearance to the person I’m trying to portray. Makes me wonder if she might not be familiar with the actor in question, because she’s been so close I think she’d probably have guessed him by now otherwise.

I’m wondering if I should give a hint, to help people rule out scads of dark-haired white dudes, or if that would remove the element of “did I do a good enough job people can tell who it’s supposed to be?” and just turn it into a guessing game …

If you’d like a hint, his first name starts with M

Herr D
    Participant

Sunni D said, “No way–Misha Collins?!”

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.