Tell my story

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 298 total)
  • Author

Linea24
    Participant

I love that story you did for Linea! It may not match what I originally came up with for her, but it suits her so well!

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

Made this guy for a competition a while ago:
    Cut Hornet

Cut-Hornet.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

AFTER FOREVER
    Original Design by Harlekin; Story by The Atomic Punk

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3523/harlekinafterforever.png

What is beyond Heaven? After you have soared above the clouds. After you escape the earth’s gravitational pull. As you travel further into space. What do you expect to find?

When time slows as you approach the speed of light. The abyss seems to grow before your eyes. Staring into the vast expanse of nothing. Expecting to catch a glimpse of something.

The beauty and wonder that pass in the eternal night. Taking a moment to reflect upon the journey. Stepping into the unknown. Reaching into the darkness. There she is. I have found him!

Once we were alone and adrift in this perpetual void. Together, the universe is small and insignificant. The suns are not what warm these hearts. It is always the present even as we move into the future. We are one and forever.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Linea24 said:I love that story you did for Linea! It may not match what I originally came up with for her, but it suits her so well!

Purple is the color of royalty. Wink Glad you liked my introduction.

Skipping WMDBASSPLAYER’S “One-Armed Bandit” for now. I intended to write these in order of submission, but I sometimes get stuck. If I move on to something else, I often return refreshed. Coming soon: Alexander of Limbo’s Seventh Sanctum inspired “Cut Hornet.”

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/alexanderthemaybenotsogreat/2013/05/Cut-Hornet.png

CUT HORNET
    Original Character Design by Alexander of Limbo; Story by The Atomic Punk

Rochester “Chet” Turon… Hup… hoop… hep! Watch me as I FLEX! So sexy in my mirror. Yeah, strike a pose. Hey, no… playtime is done. I’m going to do this. Anna Graham showed me a better way.

If not to prove it to everyone else, just to myself. You said I wasn’t good enough to join your costumed gang of thieves. I wasn’t “a ninja.” I wasn’t “part of the hive.” So, that is what you are? Bank robbers who kill guards and bystanders. Why did I ever try to fit in with you? When you “cut” me. Left me for dead in the alley. Now I have more than motivation. I have more than revenge.

It’s not about Chet Turon… it’s not about settling the score. It’s about being better. Being truthful and honest. I will rock your world. Queen bees and drones… feel my sting. For you, who rejected me… for whom I “didn’t make the cut.” I will fight you. And I will be the hero. Yes, I have found a path from the flower to the hive. And it is sweet as honey.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Just great! Beautiful “redemption through revenge” theme!

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

excellent i love it. Especially all of the puns.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Alexander of Limbo said:

excellent i love it. Especially all of the puns.

Thanks, he is a serious character. I wanted to lighten him just a little. What I did for his story was blended many elements of my previous stories into one anti-hero.

WMDBASSPLAYER, you got it. I brooded over Cut Hornet for some time. Then it hit me. He has a “Clint Eastwood” haircut. What better theme than a Sergio Leone spaghetti western? Guy is in a gang, betrayed, then left for dead. And those blades… perfect for ripping open a can of whoop@$$.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

ONE-ARMED BANDIT
    Original Character Design by WMDBASSPLAYER; Story by The Atomic Punk

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/ONE-ARMED-BANDIT.png

Sure, I could have patented my laser technology. By rights, my discoveries should have been the property of the Institute. Those clowns and the government would do the same thing. Turn my invention into a weapon. What kind of thief would I be if I let someone else steal from me?

I found a very unique combination of elements to create this awesome power ring. With it, I can cut steel, blast through brick walls, throw cars, even create a force field. If I pull off this gem heist, I should be able to perfect anti-gravity. That’s right, I will be able to fly!

Some people speculate that I cut my own arm off while creating my ring. You wouldn’t know me on the street as I wear a simuflesh prosthetic when I’m laying low. Truth is, my stump is a birth defect. It didn’t stop me from becoming a black belt in karate and judo. It didn’t keep me from being a track star in college.

Why don’t I build a new arm with the laser in it? A couple of reasons, moron. First, that would require a permanent neuro-splice. That is, it would be hard-wired to my body.

I am a laser scientist not a cybernetic surgeon. One good tug is all it would take. Not just to remove the laser, but potentially kill me. A professional would no doubt want more than cash. He would also want my ring technology. Like I’m going to trust anyone to put me under the knife.

Second, rather humiliating to get your butt kicked by the One-Armed Bandit. Psychology is just as powerful of a weapon as my ring. Some of the prouder and more boastful “heroes” don’t want to face me again. Makes it easier to plan targets and what opposition to expect. They soon earn a reputation for cowardice.

I love all the “expert analysis” when it comes to my motives. Therapists claim that I am angry at the world because of my left arm. That I feel “ostracized.” That I am “lashing out.” The police say that I am just a high-tech jewel thief. Yes, I specialize in precious stones. I need them to power my ring.

Ask any of my ex-girlfriends. They will tell you. I’m a jerk.

DC-Lover
    Participant

Well Atomic Punk That story made me laugh :D Its a great little tale and frankly i would love to see two things happen to this guy. Three seasons and a movie being one and the other some low class hero beating the snot out of him. Just to piss him off :D Still great work

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, DC-Lover. I wanted him to be a wholly arrogant, unsympathetic character.

I am caught up on characters. Please feel free to make requests. Also, I might expand on a couple of existing characters. Perhaps re-write a story or two. Many thanks to everyone who contributes to and visits this Forum.

DC-Lover
    Participant

Give credit where it is due my friend and it is clearly due here. While I do look forward to your future blurbs I do have my own work to catch up on so i also look forward to any stories you expand upon. Keep it up lad

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Atomic, I really like the story for One Armed Bandit. I had nothing when I came up with him except for the point you covered of the humiliation of being beaten by a guy with one arm. I like the arrogance angle as well as the motivation for crime being to supply his equipment. Good touch of not making just a thieving thug.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I’m really enjoying your stories. So far I’ve given you characters that I had no idea for or just the most basic concept for the sake of seeing how someone else would interpret. Here’s one that I had a full concept for and think it woud be interesting to see a total re-imagining.MAIDENHEAD.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, WMD. I have a story “cloud” putting the One-Armed Bandit up against Amy Atom. The working title is: “Only in New York, Baby!”

I did read your bio for Maidenhead awhile back. Which, admittedly, taints my initial ideas. However, full retcon it is!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.