Camruth’s Alterniverse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Camruth’s Alterniverse

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)
  • Author

Camruth
    Participant

I am new to this so I am doing my characters in basic poses and, once I get better I may even come close to some of the quality creations here.
    To start I give you the Ghuldarians an alien race feared for their appearance.
    Ghuldarians-1.PNG
    It took me a while to work out how to do the transparency (alpha) I especially like how I was able to get the helmet faceplate on the soldier that you could just faintly make out the skull-like features of the wearer.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Welcome Camruth. Good start.
    Please make sure you read the forums rules.

Camruth
    Participant

Next up we have three members of the Guardians of Democracy the Cold War (50’s & 60’s) superhero team in my universe
    Commie-Smasher.png
    Super Strong and bulletproof, Commie Smasher was forced upon the team by the US Military as a watchdog to keep the team ‘safe’ from any commie influences.

Gaining his powers from one of the many atomic tests carried out by the military, Captain Atomic is the leader of the GoD (Guardians of Democracy) and a truly heroic person.

The son of Captain Atomic, gained his powers from unshielded exposure to his father and joined him as a sidekick and team mate. His powers are mch weaker than his father – he cannot fly or fire blasts, he has only his ‘Atomic Punch” and extensive training.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

You’ve got a solid foundation here, keep up the good work!

Camruth
    Participant

Name: American Shield (Golden Age)
    Hero or Villain: Hero
    Alliance(s): Guardians of Liberty
    Power(s)/Ability(s): Shield that absorbs kinetic energy, the more energy it absorbs, the stronger it gets, high levels of combat training
    The Original American Shield, Sam Steele was a worker at the Brooklyn Navy Yard where they were building a new warship with experimental hull plating. Nazi Saboteurs attempted to destroy the unfinished vessel and, in the ensuing explosions a piece of plating landed right in front of Sam, undoubtedly saving his life by absorbing and deflecting the blast and shrapnel. When Sam came to, he noted that the shard of metal was completely unscarred so, for reasons he couldn’t explain Sam smuggled the shard home. Having lost many friends and co-workers in the explosions, Sam, inspired by the recent stories of masked mystery men, decided to become one himself. The shard was roughly shaped like a shield and so he called himself the American Shield.

American-Shield-Original-2.pngAmerican-Shield-Golden-Age.png

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@Camruth said:

Name: American Shield (Golden Age)
    Alliance(s): Guardians of Liberty
    Power(s)/Ability(s): Shield that absorbs kinetic energy, the more energy it absorbs, the stronger it gets, high levels of combat training
    The Original American Shield, James Steel was a worker at the Brooklyn Navy Yard where they were building a new warship with experimental hull plating. Nazi Saboteurs attempted to destroy the unfinished vessel and, in the ensuing explosions a piece of plating landed right in front of James, undoubtedly saving his life by absorbing and deflecting the blast and shrapnel. When James came to, he noted that the shard of metal was completely unscarred so, for reasons he couldn’t explain James smuggled the shard home. Having lost many friends and co-workers in the explosions, James, inspired by the recent stories of masked mystery men, decided to become one himself. The shard was roughly shaped like a shield and so he called himself the American Shield.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/camruth/2013/12/American-Shield-Original.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/camruth/2013/12/American-Shield-Later-Costume.png

That other Topic deleted per your request, you are likely going to have to re-upload those images.

Camruth
    Participant

All fixed now, thanks.
    Seeing as I’m here I might as well post the second of my alien races – The Pazurians
    I’ll add more information on them if people ask for it.
    Pazurians.PNG

Camruth
    Participant

Name: Captain Wonder
    Alliance(s):
    Power(s)/Ability(s): Super Strength, Invulnerability.
    Steve Carson grew up hearing stories about his great grandfather Fred Carson, an intrepid adventurer who disappeared mysteriously shortly before the start of WWII. One night he dreamt that his great grandfather visited him in his sleep and left him a strange ring with the admonition that it was both a great responsibility and a great burden and that his life would be forever changed if he put it on. The next morning when Steve awoke the ring from his dream was sitting on his dresser along with a note.
    The note told him that he must tell nobody about the ring and that, should he put it on, all would be explained. Curiosity eventually got the better of Steve and he put on the ring, the rest is history…
    Note: Captain Wonder is an homage to the original Wonder Man published by Fox Publications for only one issue before being consigned to obscurity thanks to a law suit from DC Comics. I love some of the obscure public domain superheroes from the Golden Age of comics and Captain Wonder is my attempt to continue their legacies.

Captain-Wonder.png
    This is Captain Wonder’s standard costume.
    Captain-Wonder-Alternate.png
    This is a variation of Captain Wonder’s normal costume with the Insignia more closely matching that of his Golden Age inspiration.

Camruth
    Participant

The Stonites
    Originally created by the villainous sorceror Guldazar centuries ago, the Stonites are a ‘race’ of semi-sentient creatures of living stone. They are able to communicate with one another in some unknown fashion. There are no males or females and how they reproduce is unknown. Long forgotten, they were rediscovered in recent times when they ‘attacked’ miners who had unwittingly tunneled into their territory. Since then they have appeared sporadically, usually under the control of some evil tyrant or madman bent on world domination. They seem to be drawn to strong leadership obeying instinctually.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/camruth/2013/12/Stonite-Clawed.png

Herr D
    Participant

Well, for realism, the clawed ones look more like an underground species. Claws are always better for digging, and the shape looks like the skeletal structure can take the underground temps better. Do the Pazurians live like bats? They look like they could.

Camruth
    Participant

Yeah they still live very much like bats. Their civilization is (or rather was) at the bronze age level when their planet was conquered and absorbed into the ????? empire. Now they are a mix of primitive and ultra modern as most still follow the ‘old ways’ whilst others have either acclimated to their new situation or been drafted into service.

Camruth
    Participant

I had always wanted to do a spider based character to see if I could make one that was a nod to Spider-Man without being a clone.
    Therefore meet Redback one of the few Australian Superheroes. He is highly athletic, can adhere to walls and other surfaces and possesses retractable ‘fangs’ in his forearms that inject a paralytic poison into victims.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/camruth/2013/12/Redback.png
    Yes if anyone out there is into spiders or also australian, I know that the black with red mark colouration is that of the female redback but the pale brown with white mark looks so much duller and the name doesn’t fit the look. To show what I mean here is Redback if her were in the actual male colours:
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/camruth/2013/12/Redback-Male-Colouring.png
    And here he is in a darker version of his standard costume:
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/camruth/2013/12/Redback-Alternate.png
    Which version do you guys prefer?

Camruth
    Participant

Here is my first ever OC, Bloodsilver. He is a living nuclear reactor who constantly gives off high levels of background radiation. His suit was designed to regulate his emissions. As a mutant, his body is totally adapted to his powers, his blood is literally his cooling system and is silver in colour – hence the name (hey I was just a kid then).
    Anyway, here he is in all his Glory: Bloodsilver the living reactor.

Bloodsilver-1.png

Herr D
    Participant

I can’t tell you whether I just find the brown one more interesting, or whether the inevitable dialogue tickles me more.

“I’m Redback!”
    [first gangster turns slightly] “Benny? Go over ‘dere. It’s easier to shoot red in the dark.”
    [Benny starts moving]
    “NO, you IDIOTS! There’s no red on my back!”
    “Den wot for you called Redback?”
    [Shink!] “You must be new to Australia.”
    “He’s got spikes, boss!”
    “Shoot him”
    [he dodges up the wall, then down onto Benny]
    “arrrgk”
    “You Aussie weirdo!” [Blammblammblamm–shink swish]
    “My arm!”
    [Redback removes gun from twitching hand, tosses arm to boss] “They have a great hospital right next to the airport. Maybe they’ll sew it back on before you fly home. Better hurry–you have venom in your system, and this gun is about to kill several local criminals.” [leaves straight up wall]

*It’s definitely both together . . .

Camruth
    Participant

Since I did up Redback I decided to try another of my Australian heroes. It was “difficult” to work out the masking for the side stripes and claws but I got them to where I wanted. Not 100% happy with the colour scheme and may change it a bit but for now, meet:
    Thylacine the Tasmanian Tigress

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/camruth/2013/12/Thylacine.png

As it gets HOT here in summer, Thylacine has a summer version of her outfit:
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/camruth/2013/12/Thylacine-2.png

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.