As some of you may know, I have considered my skills with creating normal Hair assets sub par at best. With that in mind I started thinking of ways to compensate for this weakness. I've been experimenting with resourcing hair art from existing pieces and transforming them into HeroMachine assets. My first experiment with this can be seen below. I used Sue Storm hair as a resource and created vector artwork that can be added into HeroMachine.
Now the pitch. I'm asking any interested Machinists to scour the Internet for hair art that I can use as a resource for hair creation and then add to HeroMachine. For the first phase of Project Hair I would take the top 6 suggestions (either chosen by me or a poll) and add them into HeroMachine as soon as I can manage it.
Now the catch. Image Requirements and Suggestions:
1. The artwork must be black and white and created in a style that is compatible with the HeroMachine aesthetic. Essentially Comic Book style inked artwork like the Sue Storm example above.
2. Avoid hair with headgear. I just want the hair.
3. Bigger is better. If the image is too small it may be hard to see the details necessary to create the hair artwork.
4. I've found inked artwork depicting heroes with lighter hair, better suited for HeroMachine adaptation. Dark hair is usually depicted with larger black areas. If we want hair with bigger, black shapes we can go that route though.
5. Post the link of the artwork into this blog post. Or jump on over to my item creation thread in the forums and add the suggestion there. http://www.heromachine.com/forums/topic/dblades-whiz-bang-item-dispenser/
Together we can make HeroMachine a whole lot hairier.