We had a fun time in Character Contest 67, taking two names from a list to make a mish-mash type of character. I thought it would be good to do that again for the new folks who’ve joined the community since then, and to give the old-timers another crack at it as well.
Note that you can’t re-use characters from any other contests!
Thus, your challenge this week is to design one or more characters by combining two words from the following list (slightly updated from last time):
So for example, you could do a “Cyborg Cheerleader” or an “Samurai Alien” or “Dinosaur Doctor”.
Otherwise the rules are the same:
- Use only a HeroMachine applet (no PhotoShopping except for basic cropping) to create a PNG or JPG of your entry, named as [your name]-[character name].[file extension]. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Post the image to a publicly accessible website (ImageShack, PhotoBucket, the UGO Forums, etc.).
- Enter the name of your entry and a link directly to the image in a comment to this post. The image cannot have been used in any previous HeroMachine character design contest.
- The link to your image should go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). If you see “preview” or “rotate” somewhere in the link you’re probably doing it wrong.
- I’ll choose a winner next Monday, who will receive his or her choice of any item or a portrait to be included in the final HeroMachine 3 program, or a “Sketch of the Week” style black and white illustration (you pick the subject and I draw it up however I like).
No limit on entries this week, so give it your best shot!