Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

Long ago, Earth was a land of monsters and men. There was a sort of peace between men and these mystical beings. Then the Forgotten Ones began to conquer everything. They were a powerful race and their goal was to rule the world or destroy it trying. The Elders, another powerful race sought to stop the Forgotten Ones. In order to halt the mighty Forgotten Ones, the world had to be split between a world of man and a world of monsters. So Mankind then forgot about these monsters and they entered myth. Portals between the two worlds often open up, but the Forgotten Ones are in the deepest part of it, where no portals form. The Elders watched over Earth, in case the Forgotten Ones ever did escape.

Praetor was once a legionnaire, but then his legion met a Forgotten One who had slipped through. Even though everyone around him was dying, he continued to fight a losing fight, as nothing he could do could harm the demon. The Elders stepped in and they managed to send it back to the hell it came from. The Elders also recognized Praetor’s courage. They had grown tired of watching mankind. They were an old race getting older as the rest of their kind became dust. They needed to rest, to finally die like their brethren, but they also needed to ensure the safety of the planet. So they looked on the Roman. They gave him power and made him immortal, they taught him their magics and knowledge, and they made sure he was ready to protect the planet. They made him Praetor for an army he was to build to be an everpresent defense force of Earth. After this, the Elders faded away, havign transferred their responsibilities on.

Praetor has guarded the planet for over 2000 years, created hundreds of armies to stop demonic threats. He figured while the Forgotten Ones were still locked up, why not protect the Earth from other things that go bump in the night. His Forgotten Armies remain strong to this day where they are a strong force against evil.

Praetor has had to face the Forgotten Ones three times. The first time was in 1580s america where a Forgotten One destroyed the Roanoke colony before Praetor could lock him away. The second was in 1974 when Arthur Sage and other magicians worked with Praetor to banish another Forgotten One. The last time was in the present where Arthur Sage was killed and a new Magus Dominus, Myles Carter had to work with Praetor to stop the threat.

Praetor-Coat-I.png

Praetor-I.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    The superstrong Crusher
    Crusher-I.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

That is cool.

Weilyn

Love the hammer!

CPrime
    Participant

Crusher looks epic.

JR19759
    Keymaster

SmashingWink

CantDraw
    Participant

It looks like it was done with pencil. That is so freakin’ cool!

Vampyrist
    Participant

I thank you all for your kind words.

Apate, mistress of lies and perception.
    Apate.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Bastian, a martial artist and mercenary
    Bastian.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Psion, a telepath and telekinetic who was one of the first wave.

Matthew Cabrera’s powers of telepathy manifested in the car crash that took his parents’ lives. He felt their minds slip away as his own body screamed in pain. And afterwards in the hospital, the ensuing pain of a thousand voices, screaming in agony, in his head almost drove him mad, but he ended up reigning in his power. Matt also found he could move things with his mind and cause people pain with a single thought, the pain he had experienced shaping his powers. He had felt too much pain to be a normal child, now he was darker, more pessimistic. After his wounds healed, he went home with his uncle and a sort-of life resumed. Years passed and his powers grew.

One night while walking home from a friend’s house, he felt someone’s mind scream out. He ran to an alleyway and found a woman being attacked. Matt stepped in and saved the woman. But he ran off before she could thank him. This made him realize that he could use his gift to stop pain, to save lives.

Thus, Psion was born. Psion would become a powerful hero and an inspiration for many to come as one of the First Wave who helped found the new BSH.

psion-I.png

Weilyn

Love Bastian’s armour!

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Thanks and here is Rune, a magical hero of the highest order whose power is only trumped by the Magus Dominus.
    Rune.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is a character I need some feedback on. Cain can kill a man by holding him. The marks upon his body burn themselves on his victims. This attribute led to his nickname after the biblical mark of Cain. Now I like the look of him, but I have two drastically different color choices and I’ll need your help to decide which color shall remain canon.

Black
    Cain-Black.png

or
    Flesh-toned
    Cain-Flesh.png

Myro
    Participant

What if they were flesh-colored normally, but turned black when he was using them to kill?
    I’m not sure which one I like more. I think it might have to do with context. The black marks definitely look more sinister, but the flesh-toned markings would be easier to blend in with others.

Vampyrist
    Participant

That sounds like a good idea. Here are three demonically-powered villains.

Wizard-Pretty Self explanatory
    Wizard-I.png

Jack-Has mystical chains which he can elongate and supercharge with energy
    Jack.png

Medusa- Can shoot beams from her eyes, including a heat ray, concussive beam, and a beam that can cover objects in stone
    Medusa-I.png
Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.