Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant
    A troll. Trolls come in two varieties: the massive strong brutes and the pygmy trolls which are very intelligent. The larger trolls are also called Ogres, which is what the pygmy trolls prefer to call them. The pygmies are incredibly civilized and are master sorcerers.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/vampyrist/2012/06/Troll.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Unraku, a great Orc fighter who is also one of the more intelligent orcs, having a brilliant strategic mind. Orcs are related to Trolls, but are smaller and generally more intelligent. That intelligence does vary greatly from following simple commands to developing strategy. The more intelligent orcs are capable of magic, though it is usually with shamanistic earth-based magicks.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/vampyrist/2012/06/Unraku-I.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

A goblin warrior. Goblins are related to Orcs and are often times smaller. Goblins have so much fire based mana that they can create fire with a thought. Most can only create a fireball or stream, but some are very gifted pyromancers.

Goblin-Soldier.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Patrian, a knight and him older, which doubles as my pop quiz entry
    Patrian.png
    Vampyrist-Captain.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Shades or Umbras are the hybrid of a living person with the souls of the dead. They join together to form something new and very powerful. When two beings join together, their power is not added onto each other, but multiplied. (*) The reason shades are so powerful is that the souls of the dead are pure energy and, as such, are immensely powerful. When multiplied by the person they are joined with, they are made near godlike in their power.

The process to become a shade is difficult, so only the most powerful or skilled can even hope to attain it, ensuring their power. However, this also means that very few who attempt it actually survive and retain their sanity, which if they do not have, the power will destroy them. The newly born shade looks like whomever’s body it is in, but it is covered in runic marks, emanating vast amounts of energy.

(*)This is the reason why Legion is so powerful. He may only be made up of low powered demons, but their fusion compounded all the power a hundredfold and made him one of the most powerful beings in existence.

One such Shade is Verrada, one of the most powerful Shades, and potentially the most powerful and the smartest of all the Shades. He serves whoever he wishes, fighting only for himself. He never leads, for he finds it too constricting and is only the right hand man.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/vampyrist/2012/06/Verrada-I.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Keris, the Warrior Shade. He was once a great warrior who became a shade by channeling his dead comrades’ spirits to become powerful enough to defeat his enemies. He is a very honorable being, fighting for those whom he believes have honor or their causes being just. His power and great swordsmanship abilities make him feared, even amongst his Shade brethren.
    Keris-the-Warrior-Shade.png

Trekkie
    Participant

Nice! Both the shades look great. How did you do the markings on Keris?

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Masking, I should think. You’d just have to find the right item, and them layer the shading behind it. The shading isn’t masked, which simplifies things.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Kaylin is right. I masked onto him one of the Celtic knot patterns, the circular one, not the clover, with a white middle and colored line color. The gradient is behind it and can go out of the bounds of the skin, because it is supposed to be a glow effect.

Another Shade, this time it is K’Mande the only Orc Shade. Similar circumstances as Keris turned him into a shade. He is also a warrior, but he has no honor and only seeks to reek mayhem.
    KMande-the-Orc-Shade.png

Scatman

keris and verrada awesome !!love your style dude!

Zerogarth

Great fantasy characters! the Shades are specially awesome! …Patrian is remarkable too, he’s unique in spite of the simple clothes… and by simple I don’t mean basic… its effective enough as it is : )

peace!

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Thanks guys and here is my contest entry, an alchemist named Albert Canforth. Albert is a travelling medicine seller who carries the tools of his trade in his drawer he carries with him everywhere.
    Vampyrist-Albert.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

The last Shade for now, Bryten, the Observing Shade. Bryten became a shade in order to gain more knowledge. He achieves this feat by becoming the most powerful historian. He has already read most of the records of the past and now he monitors the past to be. He wanders around to events which he believes to be important and watches them play out. He does not interfere, preferring to stay objective. His neutral nature often makes him the deciding factor when the two sides of Shades argue.

Bryten-the-observing-shade.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    A cybernetic samurai
    Cybersamurai.png

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Love the Shades. My favourite (so far) is probably Verrada, in terms of aesthetics and “wow” factor, with Keris coming a close second.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.