Trekkie’s World

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Trekkie’s World

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 436 total)
  • Author

Mad Jack
    Participant

Nice work! And every comic-universe needs a LGBTQ character imho. Why? Because the real world isn’t black and white either… ;)

JR19759
    Keymaster

Brilliant series, can’t wait to see more. We definitely need more LGBTQ characters in the world.

Trekkie
    Participant

Thank you, guys! Glad you like. And not to worry, there will be more LGBTQ fantasy characters…

Trekkie
    Participant

And true to my word, here’s an another addition to my LGBTQ+ fantasy series.

Luna is a sprite. Like many sprites, ze’s genderfluid. A sprite’s skin changes colour depending on their gender (not sex. Sprites have multiple sexes and the associated characteristics are generally not obvious to outsiders.). Depending on how often their gender shifts, they can change skin colour more than once a day. For example, this morning Luna’s skin was deep red.
    Luna hirself is also pansexual (most sprites are, but of course there’s plenty of exceptions) and spends most of hir time tending to the plants in the forest where ze lives. Recently ze ran into a certain adventuring elf and her girlfriend, and struck up quite the friendship.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/trekkie/2014/01/GenderfluidSprite.png

Doing the background for this character reminded me why I rarely do backgrounds- they take forever!
    Incidentally, how well do you guys think I captured an androgynous look for the face?

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Nice work! I love the color effects on Juliana and I think Luna is a great take on how an androgynous character would look. Always glad to see more queer characters on the forums, too. :)

Trekkie
    Participant

Thanks Di! I was pretty pleased with the colours on Juliana in the end, and I’m glad you think the androgyny worked out well. And anyway, I can’t let you have a monopoly on queer characters on here! :)

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Trekkie said:

Thanks Di! I was pretty pleased with the colours on Juliana in the end, and I’m glad you think the androgyny worked out well. And anyway, I can’t let you have a monopoly on queer characters on here! http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

I think you’ll find Di isn’t the only one to have an LGBT team Wink (although his is far better than mine). I have to concur with his judgement on Luna though. Keep ’em comin’.

Trekkie
    Participant

True, true (yours was still good, though). Thanks!

And I remembered to contribute to the creator’s club poster:
    CreatorsClubThing.png

Myro
    Participant

So wanting to make a “sand shoes” comment right now.

Trekkie
    Participant

@Myro said:

So wanting to make a “sand shoes” comment right now.

“They’re not sand shoes!”

(Can’t believe I didn’t think of that before)

JR19759
    Keymaster

Nice tie. Coulda done with it being a bow tie though.

Trekkie
    Participant

I’ll try and let this speak for itself:
    DysphoriaAndFreedom.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

O.O
    Wow.

Vampyrist
    Participant

^That

Trekkie
    Participant

Thanks guys

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.