Suleman's creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Suleman's creations

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 388 total)
  • Author

Stulte
    Participant

Love that outfit, really dynamic.

Suleman
    Participant

Thanks, man. I’ve said it before, the easiest way to make a design dynamic and give it an impression of motion is adding flowing cloth, and Three-Eyes’s outfit is basically nothing but. Hair is also useful.
    It’s also why I have trouble with skintight outfits like those of superheroes and wrestlers. Fantasy warriors are much easier for me to do.

Stulte
    Participant

I fully agree.

Suleman
    Participant

So here’s Koba.
    Koba_fight.png

Koba is the right hand of the secretive crime lord Maw, rival of Three-Eyes. Koba is intelligent and extremely dangerous, but suffers from poor impulse control. She rarely allows a chance to fight or hurt people pass her by.
    In addition to her superb martial arts skills, she possesses the ability to control the blood of anyone she is touching. This allows her to manhandle even much larger opponents and break them like toys. Three-Eyes gutted her once, and she carries a grudge.

I’m still testing some variations for this design, which you can find within the spoiler tags below.

Koba-fight-alt.png
    Koba_1.png

Suleman
    Participant

So, uh, Koba, why do people call you the “Thousand-Man-Killer”?
    Koba-blood.png

oh.

To be honest, I’m not entirely satisfied with her proportions, but I have to put some blame on Jeff for that. The default proportions of the female models are a bit wonky.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Wow, great work on Koba, looks freaking awesome and now I know to never mess with Koba. Laugh

Suleman
    Participant

Thanks, Jeimuzu!

Here’s a background detail from a design I’m working on. I didn’t intend to put so much effort into a little thing like this, but it just happened. Don’t think about how it works too hard, it’s not supposed to be seen in this size.

airship-2.png

prswirve
    Participant

Koba is a heartbreaker!

Suleman
    Participant

Maw-1.png

The High City is located in the clouds, supported both literally and metaphorically by the Low and Middle Cities. On top of these huge towers, the noble families make their homes and sail the winds beneath the great Dome.
    From there, the crime lord Maw has reached her cruel hold down into the lower Cities, using a combination of guile and brutal, surgical force (often administered by Koba, her second-in-command) to take over the criminal underworld. She has named her organization the Tusks. She still faces one obstacle: Her nemesis, the equally evil Three-Eyes.

Maw rarely takes part in conflicts personally. She prefers to use her resources, underlings and influence to deal with problems. There are stories, however, of how arrows, swords and spears are all useless against her, should she be provoked into battle.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

That’s very cool, I love your background work. That airship is killer!

Vampyrist
    Participant

Nice!

Legatus
    Participant

Very impressive!

Suleman
    Participant

Thanks, dudes! I’m glad you liked it. I tried all kinds of little tweaks on it, but they all felt a bit extra. I guess that’s a sign of a succesful design, but I still feel there’s something more I could do.

Oh, well, here’s a slightly tweaked version.

Maw-4.png

Viper
    Participant

That’s awesome!

Stulte
    Participant

Brilliant! I also really like the blurb; lots of wordbuilding in relatively few words.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 388 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.