Santa Swap 3

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Santa Swap 3

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 131 total)
  • Author

Keric
    Participant

@ Linea24
    I am considering doing A redesign of Wisp, but I am sure which direction to head with her, Could you give me a little back story?

CantDraw
    Participant

@Linea24 – Here is your cat-obsessed villian:

Calico

BIO:
    Calico has cat-like reflexes and retractable claws on her hands and feet which she uses as weapons and to scale walls. She also has some special connection with cats and seems to communicate with them in some way.

I decided the picture looked better without highlighting/shading, but also provided the text file so you could add some, if you like.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Linea24
    Participant

@Keric: I’ll give you the short and simple version, though I will warn you, this is pretty much a very rough draft:

Wisp is the leader of the Warders. She is able to fly by using the continuous downwards thrust produced in her hands as well as turn intangible. She got her powers from a freak accident in high school chemistry that involved an eraser, a hot plate, and a Bunsen burner.

@Nug
    : Thanks! Don’t worry, he could be the kind of catnapper who takes other people’s cats and keeps them as his own. By the way, have you put up a list of what you want others to do for you? It’s kind of necessary if others are going to give you gifts in return.

@Cantdraw
    : Oh wow, she looks so cool! Thanks! I think she would be a great arch-nemesis for Wisp.

CantDraw
    Participant

@Keric – I’ve have to admit, that 5th wish was really hard, but I hope you like what I came up with.

Wish-5

It’s a little messy but it’s the best I could do.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Para CantDraw, un arbol de navidad

Anyway, sorry I’ve been being a bit slow on these replies, been veeeeeeeery busy. So lets go.

@Skoul
    : Ok, I’ll see what I can do with him then. As for your question (even though it does appear the answer is a bit academic now, but for future reference), I’d say yes, because it’s just common courtesy, plus, as was the case here, the first gift may have been posted whilst the second person was typing up their post, and therefore wouldn’t be aware that the gift had already been given.

@Samerekaul: Nice, like the diamond shaped lights in the trees.

@Nug
    : Niiiice. List pour favour, so me and Linea can give you something in return.

@Keric
    : Not bad at all, at least you got to use something from a previous Santa Swap (which one can appreciate, using a gift to give another). Do you mind if I have a go at your 5th gift as well? I know CantDraw has already given it, but I really want to have a go at it. If not I’ll see what else I can do from your list.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

@JR:? You didn’t explicitly say the toy soldier could be from more than one person, so let me know if you want this to count. If you do, I’ll post the code.

@Skoul
    : Less a joke–more a funny thought for the Christmas celebrants  . . .

If you put your dead in a cemetery, you’re ordinary; if you dry out and decorate your dead and put it inside a building with lots of shiny stuff, you’re Egyptian royalty. If you compost dead trees, you’re ordinary; if you put a dead tree in your home with lots of shiny stuff and decorate it and let it dry out–you’re ordinary. Yeesh.

@Mad
    Jack: Happy thought 2nd try: Kids are ingenious. A kid in a laundromat saw a woman drop a sock and said, “You dropped a clo!” (A brand new singular of clothes.) Linguists call this backformation, as a side note.

@Samerkaul: Name for a knight would be something like Sir Gerald of Dewbury, then to take the name Brenner, for the German word “one who burns” or Abednego, because a knight might think of a biblical name for someone thrown into a fiery trial. They were supposedly holy warriors, after all.

cliff
    Participant

Sorry ‘m late, I guess ya know why.

@JR
    here is The Ghost Of Christmas Present for you.

Attachments:

Keric
    Participant

Gift for Linea (I forgot to save the designs, but If you would like I could either work them up again)

@ JR19759 Yes, by all means, I thought I had asked for a tutorial on it,(so I could make a different one later on, BWAHhahaha!)

@ Can’tDraw Very nicely captured! I really like it, sorry I made you work so much!

Attachments:

Skoul
    Participant

@HerrD : That is a funny thought. If you decorate a plastic tree, you’re normal. If you decorate a plastic corpse, it’s Halloween.

I did my best at your coffin wish, unfortunately HM was being very slow, probably my internet connection, so I substituted your grave keeper for a companion to save me spending hours on him. I did however come up with two versions, with and without bandages.

Hope you like it!

@JR19759
    : Yeah, I just wanted to be sure as I knew it was going to happen.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

@Samerekaul: Mr. Grrrr? The Grinch might be copyrighted.

@Linea: Fall scene, fairly big file–didn’t see a more elegant approach.

Attachments:

Nug
    Participant

@ Linea and JR: I was always taught its better to give than receive. 😀 I honestly didn’t have time to come up with a list due to life. If I must though… ummm

1. Piece of candy.

2. A Chainsaw

3. A redesign of Andrew   ( http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Andrew.png )

4. A drunken mall Santa.

5. Some kinda villain pic for my Super Mom character. ( i.e Bad children, School principles,  Soccer/ football coaches…. Stuff moms deal with.  Use your imagination. 🙂 )

Here is Super Mom if you haven’t seen it already… http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/339/2/3/nug___super_mom_by_nugarius-d88se3w.png

cliff
    Participant

@Linea24 – Here is a cat based villian of mine I came up with, but as with so many of mine, I didn’t do anything with him really.

I realize its a very simple design, but meeting him in a dark alley with his claws extended can be pretty intimidating ever without his Fear power.

The stats are for the old DC Heroes game.

Scardy Cat

POWER:
    Fear Aura/Phobia

SKILLS:
    Acrobatics: Gymnastics
    Charisma: Intimidation, Interrigation
    Martial Arts

EQUIPMENT
    Sound Ampliphiers: Super Hearing
    Night goggles: Ultra Vision
    Black costume: Hide in Shadows
    Claws

ADDVANTAGES:
    Area Knowledge
    Lightning Reflexes

DRAWBACKS
    Serious Irrational Attraction to Cats
    Serious Rage

Attachments:

CantDraw
    Participant

@HerrD – Here is your boarded-up window scene:

Boarded-Up Window

Attachments:

cliff
    Participant

@Skoul
    Here is you a Christmas Robot from me to you.

Attachments:

Mad Jack
    Participant

I’d love a square knot of twisted rope or a candy cane or a jar of candy or a sparse background storefront set.

Store front set? Pretty big item (but then again I like me a challenge from time to time, hmmm) …
    Candy cane? Sounds easy enough…
    Square Knot? Help a non-native-english-speaker out here. Do you mean something like this?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.