Romanini’s THE WATCH

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Romanini’s THE WATCH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

Hello, people! My name is Luiz Paulo. I’m from Brazil and recently I created a story based on my HeroMachine creations! I will ost them shortly!

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

So here’s my synopsis of THE WATCH:

“Freemont City, once the Light City of America, now lives in its darkest times. Crime surrounds every single element in the city, making billions of dollars and locking the honest citizens in its homes. That is, until one man decided to change this.

Paul Rodriguez, a radio DJ, son of a murdered detective, decides to finnaly take action against gangsters, lunatics and others that corrupt his hometown, assuming the identity of Nightshadow.

“The Watch” will follow Nightshadow’s crusade in Freemont, as he goes deep at the criminal underbelly of the city.”

I’m writing the story on my tumblr, nightofthewatch.tumblr.com. So far I only put the prologue, but the first chapter is almost finished.

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

Paul Rodriguez-Wilson aka Nightshadow – 25 years – Radio DJ

NightshadowN.png

“Paul helps his widowed mother as a radio DJ on the local station, presenting a classic rock show called “Night Watch”. He’s known and liked by his neighbors, but behind his good humor, hides a feeling of indignation and anger as he sees his hometown being savaged by petty gangs and criminal organizations. Eager to do justice with his own hands, he became the Nightshadow, a masked vigilante who wants and will put the criminals at their deserved place: jail.”

Uniform 1 – Night One

Nightshadow0.png

This is the outfit Paul uses as he first embodies his Nightshadow persona. Unfortunately, his first night as a vigilante is a failure. As he tried to stop three members of the Lunatikz of hurting an innocent woman, they proceed to overpower and beat up Paul to near-death. And, to crown Paul’s defeat, the sadistic Lunatikz kill the woman, right in front of him, while he passes out.

Uniform 2 – New Shadow

Nightshadow1.png

Weeks after that disastrous night, Paul decides that he will keep trying to bring justice to Freemont. Now with a new outfit and a card on his sleeve – his old man’s revolver – the Nightshadow watches over the dangerous district of Carlton Heights once again.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

Stulte
    Participant

Nice story! I always find vigilante stories more interesting when theyat least don’t start out that well.

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

@hammerknight: The moderator has spoken! Thanks!

@Stulte
    : Thank you and I agree with what you’re sayin’. I made Nightshadow’s first misssion to be a failure because I think that humanizes him. After all, as you can see in it’s first uniforms, he’s just an average joe trying to make justice.

Now for more characters of the First Season of THE WATCH:

Daniel Wilson – 39 years (dead) – Detective

Dad.png

Once a respectful family man and detective, Daniel Wilson was brutally murdered during a warehouse raid. His death revealed that he was involved with the Barzinis, one of the four families that control the city’s underworld. But, was he? Even after ten years, Daniel’s death is surrounded by many uncovered mysteries.

Amanda Rodriguez – 45 years – housewife

Mom1.png

This woman passed through tough times. After her detective husband was killed and accused of being involved with the organized crime, she was forced to move out to her old neighborhood, Carlton Heights, a crime-ridden, poor comunity. The only thing that keeps her hopeful is her son, who works in an honest job. Still, she still worries about him, after all, bullets don’t choose its targets.

Troy Jackson aka Firewall– 16 years – Student

Firewall0.png

Paul’s teenage neighbor. While most kids from Carlton Heights dream of being at a basketball team or in a gang, Troy was extremely dedicated at hacking. He could easily infiltrate at the city biggest bank’s database with his always trusty laptop. As Paul begins his adventure as a masked vigilante, he finds in Troy his first ally in fighting crime.

The Butcher (real name unknown) – age unknown – Serial Killer

Butcher1.png

No one knows where he came from, his name, age or any connection with any of the crime organization, except by his own band of deranged misfits called Lunatikz. It’s said that over 50 people have been attacked by the Butcher, but only a couple have lived to see another day. Most of his victims’ bodies were never found.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forums. Cool start. Got some good designs there.
    Please make sure you read the forum rules if you haven’t done so already.

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

@JR19759 – Thanks, and done!

Here’s more characters:

Sharon Williams – 36 years – Reporter

Reporter1.png

A reporter at Channel 9, the city’s main TV news network, she is known to be unstoppable at the search for the truth. Being one of the people that followed Detective Wilson’s murder, she believes that the case is not what it seems. And with the new vigilante on the streets, she will probably have the golden case at her hands.

Marcus Wallace – 28 years – Police Officer

Detective0.png

As a beat cop, working at one of the most dangerous areas of Fremont, Wallace is respected by his courage and honesty. Willing to become a detective, he will find another reason to reach his objective: the mystery of the vigilante that acts in his area.

Frank Townley – 52 years – Mayor of Fremont

Mayor1.png

The acting mayor of Fremont is a frequent target of criticism by thepress and the population, because of his unfinished projects and empty promises. But Townley doesn’t even care, as long as his associates at the Inner Circle keeppaying him to keepa blind eye at some criminal activities. He’s even planning to run a re-election campaign. After all, more time at the City Hall, more money in his pocket.

Angelo Tomasino – 50 years – Restaurant Owner / Head of the Tomasino Family

Don1.png

Even if he still publicly assumes the position of a legitimate businessman, it’s no secret that Don Tomasino is head of the most respected and feared mob family on Freemont. Running numerous legal business and illegal rackets, Tomasino has the police and the politicians in his pocket, ruling calmly over the city.

Scarlett Mitchell aka The Scarlet – 23 years – Bartender

Scarlet1.png

Scarlett makes her life in a high class nightclub in Downtown Freemont, but the constant routine of serving celebrities, socialites and mobsters became a boring routine. With no boyfriend, no family and no time to lose, she became the Scarlet, another vigilante acting at the middle class neighborhood of Redwood Hill.

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

For the Character Contest #73 – Random Names, I present you:
    DOCTOR STEEL OX

SteelOx.png

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

THE WATCH – First Season Characters
    GroupShot1.png

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

My new HM brainstorm: a new team called Starlords.

Here’s the first couple:

Northstar:
    Northstar.png

Nebula:
    Nebula-1.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

Great group shot.Smile

Stulte
    Participant

Yeah, that group shot is really atmospheric. The dark background makes a hell of a big difference.

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

@Hammerknight and Stulte – Thanks! And, yeah, the background helped the vibe. Still not satisfied of how came out though.

So, time to kick out my “Season 2” of “THE WATCH”! And, for our first character, of course is:

NIGHTSHADOW
    Shadow II Uniform
    Nightshadow2.png

After confronting gangbangers, perverts, mafiosi and even the police, Paul Rodriguez finds himself in a big scenario as Nightshadow. With his partners Troy “Firewall” Jackson as support and briefing, and Scarlett “The Scarlet” Mitchell as partner and martial arts trainer, Paul gets ready to dig deeper at Freemont’s criminal underworld, as he finds out the real reason about his father’s death: something related to a “Inner Circle”.

And, to finish, here’s a small wallpaper of THE WATCH – Season 2
    season2NS.jpg

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

Here’s more Starlords:

Comet:
    Comet.png

Kosmos:
    Kosmos.png

Voyager:
    Voyager.png

Blizzard:
    Blizzard.png

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.