RobM’s Sentinels’ Comic Covers

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Posters, Covers, & Cards RobM’s Sentinels’ Comic Covers

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • Author

RobM
    Participant

I thought this idea would be more fun with the next generation.
    SentinelsProgeny8Cliffhanger-1.png

Very nice!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Incredibly original! The shadow adds drama as well as dimension.

RobM
    Participant

Thanks, guys.
    I’m satisfied with the overall design and posing, but the finished product feels a little flat to me. Any thoughts?

Herr D
    Participant

I would suggest ‘deforming’ the wrist band, making it out of a cape or something. It doesn’t look like it’s helping hold the weight of a guy. Maybe dulling the background a bit would make the foreground stand out more?

RobM
    Participant

Thanks, Herr D. Sometimes I’m too close to the work to see some of these things. I didn’t intend to imply that the dangler was being supported by his wristband, but after you mentioned it, it was pretty obvious that’s what the illustration was saying. So, I changed the hands to suggest that he’s slipping through Midnight Arrow’s hands. I think it adds a layer of tension. Also, as you can see, I changed the background color and proportions. I think it adds some depth. What say you?

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/robm/2013/10/SentinelsProgeny8CliffhangerRevised.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

RobM, awesome! And like you with “high five,” I hate using the word “awesome” but that is exactly what your work is! That last cover is great, both versions, but I think the black shadows made it more dramatic, though this version is more natural looking with the earth tones.

RobM
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

RobM, awesome! And like you with “high five,” I hate using the word “awesome” but that is exactly what your work is! That last cover is great, both versions, but I think the black shadows made it more dramatic, though this version is more natural looking with the earth tones.

Much thanks.

RobM
    Participant

Sentinels311JetDynamoGo.png

Another excellent cover. I think I might just try to make one of my own soon.

RobM
    Participant

Thanks! And thanks for the Hall of Fame nominations on the blog.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Rob, I wish I had half the talent you have for creating covers. I want to make a Dragonfly cover but I suck at that kind of thing.
    Anyway, all of yours are fantastic, keep it up.

RobM
    Participant

Here’s an idea to get you started.
    DragonflyCoverSketch.png
    Download DragonflyCoverSketch.pdf

RobM
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about this for awhile – Who’s Who style pages for the Sentinels universe. The drawings are HeroMachine; the typesetting and page layout were done in Adobe InDesign. I started with Lodestar Comics’ core character, Genesis. Here is his entry from the Lodestar Universe Compendium.
    CompendiumGenesis3Small-1.png
    This is a much reduced copy because the original was too large to upload. To read the text you can go here http://www.robertmckercher.com/CompendiumGenesis3.pdf

FRM

love it!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.