RobM’s Machine Works

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery RobM’s Machine Works

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 416 total)
  • Author

RobM
    Participant

First time I’ve committed to do a full illustration with complete zipping. I’ve played around with highlighting selective objects like in the next post, but I’ve never done it to scale, if you will.

RobM
    Participant

My Friday Night Fights Sci-Fi round entry, the Librarian-droid of New Alexandria, Mars

New Alexandria hadn’t had a patron in centuries, but that didn’t matter to Gary; he put on his tie and wheeled into work every day regardless. Because what mattered was the books. Not tapes, not discs, not scans, not neural imprints but honest to God Earth books. Gary’s library was the last place in the galaxy a being could read a real book, and if anyone ever wanted one again, he’d be ready.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/robm/2013/04/RobM-Librarian-droid-of-New-Alexandria-Mars-Round-2.png

Weilyn

Absolutely brilliant!

Herr D
    Participant

“Shelving protocol GHJK484SD: Identical books e.g. Judeo-Christian religious texts, are to be filed not by characteristics such as alphabetized by color name, but by numerical order of dye lot number . . .”

“Sorry, first day. When’s lunch?”

“4.1955639 hours.”

“Uh, thanks.”

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I love all your Sentinels work, but that Lee Jensen was amazing!

RobM
    Participant

Friday Night Fights Semi-finals: Superhero/villain

Bark, a tree spirit, and Byte, a digital sentience keeping its emaciated body alive through a cybernetic exoskeleton, began their careers in super-villainy separately but joined forces solely because they thought their names sounded cool together.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/robm/2013/05/RobM-Bark-and-Byte-Round-3.png

Candruth

Very nice. The computer reminds me of Plankton’s wife from Spongebob.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120526032841/spongebob/images/8/8c/Karen_using_Mobility.png

Nice work, though. :D

prswirve
    Participant

Yeah i feel honored my character got featured on RobM’s highly elite covers!

Scatman

Do little mice run around your head when you create these things or………………I simply love it!

djuby
    Participant

Great stuff man. Love your covers. Best of luck.

RobM
    Participant

Friday Night Fights Finals entry: the Hunger

A creature of pure appetite, the Hunger roams the galaxy devouring all within the reach of its hundred tentacles, each of which has a dozen mouths.RobM-The-Hunger-Round-4.PNG

Weilyn

Awesome! Lovecraftian, even.

JR19759
    Keymaster

I thought that with djuby in the final, who ever he was up against he’d have a walk over….. and then I saw this.
    No wonder it was such a close contest.

Trekkie
    Participant

You know, the first couple of times I looked at that, I thought ‘wow, that’s really cool’. Then I looked again and noticed all the little mouths on the tentacles and said ‘wow, that’s frickin’ awesome!’

RobM
    Participant

Thanks, everybody.

I struggled a lot with how to execute this idea; and I was never really convinced that the mouths translated.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 416 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.