RobM’s Machine Works

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery RobM’s Machine Works

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 416 total)
  • Author

RobM
    Participant

Speeder with ad copy (added in Photoshop)
    speeder-with-ad-copy.png

Scatman

I just have to say I am a fan of your Sentinels stuff.And what a cool advertisement,the fonts are awesome and the applications are above and beyond!I really wish I had a knack for those types of things .maybe I need some practice?WinkCheers!

RobM
    Participant

Thanks, Scatman; it’s always nice to get compliments from someone with as impressive a body of work as yours.

I will say with appropriate modesty that I think I have an eye for this kind of thing, but you’re right about practice (and a bit of unhealthy obsession, too, I’m sure) being important. I did about a dozen versions of the Sentinels logo – trying to hit on something that would have looked modern in the 70s/80s but would feel retro now. Reprisals at Maar Lake Citadel took months of scrapping whole illustrations and starting over completely because I just couldn’t get the “feel” right. For inspiration for the Granix ad, I looked through a ton of classic car ads in Google Images.

RobM
    Participant

Sentinels250XmarksTheSpot.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

Great cover.Laugh

RobM
    Participant

Friday Night Fights Play-in Round Character: Geode
    RobM-Geode-Play-In-Round.PNG

RobM
    Participant

Friday Night Fights Round 1 Fantasy Character: Dervish of the Forlorn Wastes

No invading army has crossed the Forlorn Wastes in a millennium. Hespedrene lore recounts tales of cavalry units slaughtered by the sands themselves, a myth encouraged by the Dervishes. The elite of the Ogrillon Compact’s border guard, the Dervishes are fearless, camouflaged to blend in with the sand, and endowed with the ability to maintain their equilibrium while spinning at tremendous speed. An attack by Dervishes is a haboob with blades. If you see an unmoving Dervish, it means you’re already dying.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/robm/2013/04/RobM-Dervish-of-the-Forlorn-Wastes-Round-1.PNG

RobM
    Participant

Comics cover for a crossover of my team the Sentinels with prswirve’s Lee Jensen

SentinelsMeetLeeJensen-1.png

Weilyn

Dervish of the Forlorn Wastes is fantastically well designed!

RobM
    Participant

Thanks; I had a lot of fun working it out. Glad you liked it.

Hammerknight
    Participant

You are very good at covers.

RobM
    Participant

My first serious attempt at full-scale zipping:Sirius.PNG

CantDraw
    Participant

I like how you have the light shining from the side. Cool effect!

RobM
    Participant

Thanks

JR19759
    Keymaster

That is your first attempt at zipping?! That’s pretty darn good for a first attempt

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 416 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.