OPERATION: DO MY DIRTY WORK

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges OPERATION: DO MY DIRTY WORK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 194 total)
  • Author

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Hey, folks. Here's the deal. I have what my Excel spreadsheet claims is just shy of 1500 characters as of now. I am going to embark on the arduous but not altogether unwanted quest of transferring all of them from UGO to here. This means I probably won't be creating anything new for a while. 

However, in the mean time ams has suggested that I create a contest (probably a weekly one), at the beginning of which I will post one of my characters' old pics, plus his or her bio, power set, etc. I would love to see some fresh perspective on my work, and the idea would be for you, my fellow Heromachinists, to re-make the look of each of these characters. I really don't have anything to offer for prizes, I just thought it might be a fun, time-killing activity and I will certainly give all credit where it is due. Hopefully I don't seem arrogant in this proposal. In truth, I am being the opposite, as my ultimate goal is to end up with pics that are superior to my own.

The majority of contests will involve characters that I either created or last updated during HM3's infant days. As of now, I just want to gauge interest in this. If you don't want it, I'll drop the idea entirely.

What say you, brave creators?

Hammerknight
    Participant

Go for it.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Sounds like fun

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Okay, that's two “ayes”

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Yeah, I'm up for it Smile

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Awesome. I think I may go ahead and send this off on its maiden voyage this afternoon. Stay tuned for Contest #1!

I love your characters and I love this idea. 

Blue Blazer
    Participant

That seals it! Headlessgeneral's flattery has made the decision for me. I'll give you this week's character posthaste.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Blazing Blue Character Contest #1

ZYDECO

Zydeco is a voodoo witch with various limited black magic powers. She is the leader of the Black Menagerie, a Louisiana bayou-based team of supervillains with a similar theme. She is the sister of fellow group member Blood Brother. Zydeco is rarely seen without her twisted staff, broken from the branch of a tree where several of her ancestors were hung for practicing the black arts.

REQUIREMENTS:

Zydeco is female and African-American, which are really the only necessary elements. You can pretty much overhaul her look. A complete re-imagining is just as likely to win as a simple update. The Black Menagerie does not share any similarities in their costumes, so certainly no restrictions in that sense.

Okay, you maniacs, have at it! I'll judge the entries at some point next Monday afternoon.

Hammerknight
    Participant

What a face, that is one woman you don't want to meet in a dark alley.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

If looks could kill…

Also, I forgot to mention that each entrant can post as many entries as desired. That will go for every contest.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

One day down and no entries…

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here's my take on Zydeco, with a more tattered costume and with a few more demonic elements.

OK, Blue, here you go.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Here is my try. I went with the sexy temptress voodoo vixen priestess that tricks her victims. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.