ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Funkmachine7
    Participant

You going with food as well?
    Well mines more in keeping with timely themes.

The hair has well ended up as hair, the nooses ended up as part of the gunsling, trim on the top, and arm tentacles.

Horns are pendent and part of the arm tentacles.

LordCaptainMegavolt
    Participant

I think the forum ate my entry, so I’m reposting it here:

Formerly a mild-mannered intern working in the laboratories of Magnadyne Enterprises, a bizarre accident involving reverse-engineered alien teleportation technology catapulted Biff Gordon across space and time to a distant world of magic and adventure. Stumbling upon an ancient magical sword housing the soul of a long-dead dragon king, Biff was swept up in a years-long adventure to hunt down the evil usurper-king of the dragons and kill him with the enchanted sword to restore the rightful dragon dynasties to power. Years later, when Magnadyne succeeded in safely replicating the process that sent Biff to the other world, they found him there as a famous adventurer, serving alongside many new friends he made on his initial unexpected quest.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Um who’s judging ? because every one has entered by now.

Herr D
    Participant

MAAZ?! MAA-AAZ! Hey, when you judgin’ man?

Herr D
    Participant

Okay! I have to go away for a long weekend–will be unable to get on the net. I nominate Funkmachine to judge. I will not be available to vote on who’s judging, as I’ll be absent. All voters should be entrants in this round. If it falls to me, I should be able to judge on Tuesday.

Maaz, if he can’t be reached / cajoled into judging, should be replaced by Tuesday, 11/20/18 imho. I’ve already posted a message to his thread–perhaps a moderator knows his e-mail? I leave it to the rest of the entrants to decide from there by majority vote.

Just out of curiosity, can you guys see the items in LCM’s work? I wonder if it’s posted here by mistake.

Herr D
    Participant

Wow. Okay? Funkm? As the only other participant this round, what do you want to do? Wait longer? Nominate me as judge? Accept my nom. of you? I’ll try to check in tomorrow (hectic time.)

Funkmachine7
    Participant

(missed your post, busy typeing up the judeing)

Ok so judeing time.

We have 2 entry’s and one none runner.

The criteria is:

Novel use of parts, you get points for cleaver use of parts.

Repetition, dito

Visibility, if i can’t see a part used or most of it is hidden.

Composition, setting up an image in a clever way with a back ground gives you points.

First up is mine, the none runner

Novel use of parts,  4/10

The trim on the top’s shoulders, and arm tentacles are good but the hairs hair and noose used as rope a lot.

Repetition,  5/10, there all there twice.
    Visibility,  8/10
    Composition,  7/10, there people behind people and there in a room but nothing more.
    Total 24/40

Next up LordCaptainMegavolt‘s Biff the Intern Dragon Slayer

Novel use of parts a 7/10

Repetition, a 3/10, the hair is repeated but nothing else is.
    Visibility, a 8/10
    Composition, a 6/10, it’s one man on his own in white space land.
    Total 24/40

And finally Herr D’s MidgetWaiter.

Novel use of parts a 9/10, the only flaw is the noose as string.

Repetition, a 4/10, the hair is repeated but nothing else is.
    Visibility, a 7/10, the hair is hard to find
    Composition, a 10/10, it’s good creative image with the waiter .
    Total <span id=”display” class=”tile__display__main”>30</span>/40

Herr D is the winner.

Herr D
    Participant

Thank you, Funkm! And good eye on the items in LCM’s–I missed them completely.

@LCM: Good grief! I should’ve looked at the image bigger, I guess–subtle!
    . . . I’m sick of waiting for this to load, and I don’t know what’s wrong, so–

Items are from eye/std, ear/std, and body/malestd. Due 12/18/18 by noon, hopefully to be judged by 8pm. Please see attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Theses not an eighteenth month  despite the American problem and the 18’th is past us , so 18/12/18?

Herr D
    Participant

uh . . . RIGHT! [edits] That’s what I meant.

Herr D
    Participant

!! Hereby extended through 1/8/18 1:18 pm. To be judged by 8:18pm. (EST)

Herr D
    Participant

First? Apologies. I have been going through a period of limited access as well as time.
    Second? These items have apparently inspired no one. Time to switch.
    Third? With limited access, I cannot submit pic and can only just BARELY browse, so description of items to follow.
    Fourth? Deadline, 2/4/19 noon E.S.T. to be judged by 8pm following day.

Items to be found in Fonts/ std, 2nd screen, 2nd column, 2nd row. ‘G,’ ‘Q,’ & ‘Y’ caps only. Obviously I don’t want them used as letters.

Herr D
    Participant

Oh, and a reference to sewer monsters will get extra credit if I can’t see the whole monster. Or none of it but know one is there.

Herr D
    Participant

Yikes. We’re going BACK to the items posted in post #153284 to be due 2/14/19 noon. To be judged by 8pm (EST) same day. 1 extra point to be awarded for referencing an unseen sewer monster. 1/2 extra point to be awarded for sappy references to Valentine’s Day.

Herr D
    Participant

I’m gonna try this once more. If I can’t get entries, I should probably hand this off? Advice to be considered.

This time, the deadline is 3/5/19, noon E.S.T. to be judged by about 8pm. The new items to be misused within one pic are the last column in ‘Backplane / Tech.’ (The double quiver, the jetpack, and the mechanical arm.) An entire extra point will be given to the entry that has all ‘organic’ misuses of these artificial items. I still have my access limited, so I cannot post a picture of them at this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.