ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Ah you see i was planing to get you to judge, simply if i’m entering it’s wrong for me to judge as well on my own work.

Tell you what get yours in some time today.

And i have an idea to solve the judgeing, we’ll all judge the other two’s work out of ten that should be fair and unbiased.

Herr D
    Participant

“DrainSentry fell under scrutiny today as the auditors discovered mutagens in their products. The big name in home protection from sewer pests has always used motion detectors in the aerosol dispensing hardware. The motion detection hardware IS the source of the leaking mutagens; discarded improperly, the results are apparently much worse. The question the EPA is asking is ‘when did they start CONTRIBUTING to the problem they were helping with?’ In other news . . . ”

*The wing was used about ten times to make most of the ‘drain pest.’ The thurible became an automated aerosol dispenser and its shadow. The mace became the mounting chains and the drain.

. . . I’ll agree to a three way if Keric does. (Gosh that sounds naughty.) I’ll see how I should rework my rubric for a base ten.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Keric
    Participant

Ok, Funky forgot that he was the judge! L.O.L. !! I think that the best we can do is hold another contest, winner takes this one too… All parts comes from the head section, with the exception of the (optional 1 bonus point!)eyebrow I will judge sept 26th that give all participants two weeks to enter.   Does this sound good?

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

[scans thread] Yikes. I’ll agree to either, and I’ll be in and out of contact because of hurricane Florence having likely minor effects on wifi in this area. As points of order, (1) if Funkm wants to judge us first, he should be allowed to. (2) Since I’ve agreed to either, Keric should have the right to, whether he wins or not, be judge afterwards. (3) UNLESS Keric agrees to Funkm’s plan–then the winner of that 3-way judging should be judge.

Expecting a partial lack of coverage due to conservation and disaster planning measures locally by 5am to 2pm EST. Another extending through much of tomorrow evening. May be unable to get on during some of that.

What say you?

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Ok that sound fine 2 weeks time and Keric judges.

Herr D
    Participant

Scalywag was attempting to act honorably, as the junior representative for the Scales Of Justice, when out of NOWHERE attacked ThunderMutt with his infamous Sloppytongue!

*The Alien tortoise-like head became custom lenses so the young hero can see in that dimension’s spectrum. The eyebrows became ears, though mostly deaf and used as blunts in melee, the alien leonine nose headpiece became the underside of the villainous supercanine nose (yeah, not really an abuse, but it inspired the rest of the pic,) and the Zombie eye headpiece became a surprised semi-reptilian mouth and ten of them became part of the hideously fuzzy body of the villain.

Attachments:

Keric
    Participant

Herr D~Solo entry, Auto win, but I have to say, great misuses on the “ears”and the muzzle was completely hidden good job!  Pick 3 and judgement day!

Herr D
    Participant

Thank you, K. I must say, it was a fun one to make.

This will be due 10/16/18 by noon. TBJ, hopefully before next day 3pm. Bonus half-point if the picture references old classic cars.

GO!

Attachments:

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Ok this is not a great like to muscle cars but AMC matador?
    She’s a matador, see the red rag and the bull.

(Really i was tring out the heart shaped padlock thing top, and i think that works quite well)

Maaz
    Participant

It’s been a long time since I participated in this, lets see if i still got it…

I think the usage of the items is pretty self explanatory on this morbidly obese intergalactic warlord.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant
    Characterizing this week’s competition: genre portraiture. F=Funkmachine, M=Maaz
    There were no backgrounds, no backstories, and bonus for F, but not M.

Most of the other categories were tentacle to tentacle, so it came down to items.

The items: Every item was used for one point. Every item was well-placed and belonged for the second 
    point. I’m all about the misuses. The ribbon-caption item seemed much more realistic (almost too subtle
    for me to pick out) in the way it shaped and flowed for Maaz. His character wore it better. The dagger
    somehow seemed less contextually and emotionally tied to the pic than the horns. (It might've been more

of a difference, but part of that effect was dimmed by the 'bull' facing the viewer.)

The stethoscope was what made the biggest difference. F's misuses may have left out the earpieces 
    entirely, where M's helmet seemed a bit off. Then M went and made the holster straps! That was some 
    excellent work.

BTW, F's neckpiece was interesting and worthy of mention. M? Was this an edit of a previous work? Not 
    against the rules, just asking.

M! Pick 3, set a deadline. You win the round.

Backstory score:….F0....M0
    Bkgd score:……….…..F0....M0
    Item STETH:…………......…F3…….M5
    Item TAIL:. …….......…F3...M2.5
    Item RIBBON-CAPTION: …F3…..M4
    Bells: ……………........….F2...M2
    Whistles: …….....…..….F2…….M2
    Items-story:………......…F2…..M3
    Emotional:………......…..F3…….M2
    Bonus:…………..........……F.5..M0
    Total:……….........………F18.5.M20.5

Maaz
    Participant

Thanks man. A bit late on the reply, but here’s my picks. As is kinda the staple of this contest, the creative usage of the items is what matters most. Oh and to address that question, no not really, i made that guy up at the same time.

1: Hair, Zombie
    2: Neckwear
    3: Head, Aliens

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

. . . was there a deadline? I’m really out of it. Maybe I misread it . . .

Funkmachine7
    Participant

I don’t think we where given one, so say 2 week from his post, that gives me time to fit mine all together and you to enter.

Herr D
    Participant

That would be Nov. 1rst . . . and mine’s done.

Henry the concierge at ‘The Forester,’ five star restaurant, never got used to Jerry the midget waiter. Couldn’t fault him for service or skill, though; had to keep him.

The nooses were only cooking twine–I intended more but the pic kind of grew too quickly. The hair became frills for the bird and parts of the trivet and arugula bed under the seafood. The alien / head item became most of both trivets, the bird’s neck, most of the seafood claws. The secret here? I started this pic while hungry.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.