ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

Sometimes I think zombies make a good metaphor for the fall party season. People get semi-animated for each event and cognitively squished for the sleep loss and sugar and alcohol (and whatever.) It’s getting bad here already! Everyone please stay safe.

I picked these three gun mounts from Shoulder Right Tech. An extra point if the resulting piece emulates peace. Due 11/15, 3pm EST, tbj by abt 8pm.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Keric
    Participant

Because I am sick(idk flu?), I’m  setting the bar pretty low the shoulder pieces are a bands sound stage

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Well, the bar wasn’t so low it hit anyone in the head, so . . . you win! Pick 3 and a deadline.

What would they play, technofunk?

Keric
    Participant

@ Herr, I was thinking Edm~ al la Clean bandit or Remixing like Pogo (smooth cream!)

To make this more random or harder, I’ve added a bonus or substitute piece remember you can submit unlimited times Due by Friday Dec 1st

Attachments:

Christi S
    Participant

Wings = Waves
    Belt = Bridge
    Dog = Hills
    Headgear = Tree Trunk

Scuffles
    Participant

hi all sorry not been bout for ages, had no internet at home but back now and will try get entry in b4 judging, like what u did using the dog as hills Christi

Herr D
    Participant

–Yeah, that’s a nice scene by CS. I’m outta time to work on this one. So [winds up] here!

A lot of carousels have that mirror in the middle. This is a reflected scene from one of those mirrors.

Wings became the upper drape of the mom’s dress–I thought a dress made of just wings might appeal to this judge. Matching tights and heels not included.

The headgear became a unicorn harness. Harpy leather?

The dog is used once entire and three partials in Hoppity the Enthusiastic Toad. Ribbit.

The belt was so interesting as was that I used two partial copies to make the carousel itself, so it became 80% of the background. The part that didn’t get used in the background became the son’s scarf. There are a few chilly nights right near close-of-season.

Attachments:

Scuffles
    Participant

dog= cloud, wings=scarf, belt=medals on jacket, head gear= badge on jacket

Keric
    Participant

Everyone did use everything that I threw at them! So, good job on that, and Every one created a different picture!  So, how do you judge?

Herr D, you have a Calliope of sights!  Korus~ you did well on your soldier, but I think that Christi S has a beautiful “Bali Hai” scene, it is just SO calm and So focused it’s just waiting for something to happen!

Christi S Pick your 3 and your time

Christi S
    Participant

DUE ON THE 15th!

BONUS IF IT HAS AN X-MAS THEME!

JUDGMENT CRITERIA:

1. Composition: The overall quality of the style/technique used in the piece. 2 points!

2. Element Composition: How well the items were used/fit in to the piece. 3 points!

3. Creativity: How well the items were MISUSED in the piece. 3 points!

4. Aesthetics: Which piece I think just has the better overall finished product. 1 point!

Scuffles
    Participant

music= ground of cave and mat bear sitting on, monster arm= cave entrance, bustier= inside cave

Herr D
    Participant

Speedy didn’t do as well in the delivery contest as planned: You must deliver three ornaments, one wrapped package, one musical instrument, and one food item across the arctic to an Inuit village on a toboggan. He–well, he was disqualified for nondelivery and breakage. He managed to hit the only tree in an eight-square-mile region. His nose has been reinflated. Some elves just don’t got it, you know?

*That bustier became turkey legs, elf curl-toe shoes (curl toe added), a root, and shadows. The mic became Speedy’s fingertips visible around the tree (very small), part of the snow indentation of the toboggan landing, and one color only of it became 10% of his scarf and 70% of his earmuffs. The pincer became branches, roots, shadows, and the wrecked toboggan.

Attachments:

Christi S
    Participant

Okay, late on the judgin, sorry bout that! Been busy! Anywho…

1. Composition:

Very similar style in the pieces this round, with both having a kind of christmas-card-ey look to them. They’re both very fun to look at but also both run into the problem of seeming to straddle the fence a bit between a more 2d and a more 3d look, which makes the perspective a bit awkward. I think Korus did a slightly better job on presenting the intended scene; I’m not sure I would have known what was happening in Herr’s piece w/out the text.

Korus: 1/2

Herr: 0/2

2. Element composition:

Both pieces have all the items fitting very comfortably, nothing standing out in an awkward fashion. However, I think Herr’s piece more fully actually uses the items as the full objects (if at times piecemeal) are included in the numerous fashions they are re-purposed for the piece. By contrast, Korus’ items are used only partially, expanded beyond the limits of the frame to serve more as patterns/textures.

Korus: 1/2

Herr: 2/2

3. Creativity:

Both pieces depart dramatically from the items’ original intended use w/out appearing awkward but again, Herr’s multiple in-frame uses edges out Korus’s single partially-out-of-frame ones.

Korus: 2/3

Herr: 3/3

4. Aesthetics: Korus’s piece is, as previously mentioned, much clearer in its scene and feels more like a fully-encompassed piece to me so Ima give this point to Korus.

Korus: 1/1

Herr: 0/1

And both of you get the bonus point for the christmas theme which brings the total out to…

Korus: 6

Herr: 6

… I don’t think I’ve had a tie before so um… Ima go with whoever posts three items first gets to judge the next round!

Herr D
    Participant

Gah! I hereby declare myself the judge. Since we’re in full holiday lag, let’s say it’s due at 1pm on 1/9/18 EST, hopefully to be judged by 8pm. An extra point if clock making or repairing is represented in the pic.

(Thank you, CS, for giving me a race to enter. Needed that adrenalin boost to get my squidlings to eat.)

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Wow. I didn’t lag it enough. Same items due 1/23 at 2pm. To be judged by 1/24 2pm (EST)

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.