ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Maaz
    Participant

The Conqueror stood upon the desert sand, his face a mask as his glinting eyes saw the sprawling expanse of the desert city. The folds of his robes were lifted by the hot desert wind, but neither this nor his stinging skin and parched throat were objects of his attention. He stood on, as if in a trance, and whispered, “You will stay unconquered, for it would be a grey world if none stay to oppose me.” He turned his back on the city, and walked.
    TheConqouerer.png

Herr D
    Participant

After the historic massacre of the visiting scientists in Cuba, the wrecked and neglected labs allowed such migrations as the Lace Dragons. Eastern Lace Dragons got a lot of attention because their eyes were thicker than their skulls were wide and all three of their eyes could rotate to look out either side of their faces. Debates about their origins and whether to exterminate them went on unusually long. Scientists agreed they were a product of a lab but couldn’t agree whether they were developed to consume toxic waste or learn how to survive septic shock. Both schools of thought were believable, as their wings were made of practically bare bone covered with basically a kite made of dried septic mucus and they had a taste for embalming fluid. It got to the point where funeral directors in Florida had to employ shooters.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/EasternLaceDragon_zpsec2e5a1d.png

Of course, they were fast enough to dodge bullets from twenty feet away, but they could only spit their acid venom about twelve feet. Lower-caliber Glazier rounds were usually the most successful for the money and inherent safety issues.

*@Keric: Was Hexen’s right hand tugging her skirt away from her belt and bunching the fabric? Congrats, btw.
    @Maaz: Yah, I didn’t depict clearly enough that each arm has two elbows. Maybe bunch marks on the fabric would’ve done it?

Keric
    Participant

@ Herr and Maaz
    Yeah, there is some funkiness about the young witch, but I think that it goes back to the pose by ams.
    I wasn’t planning for Hexen’s right hand to be tugging her skirt away from her belt and bunching the fabric…
    thanks for the congee’samses-pose.PNG

Keric
    Participant

JUDGIN’ TIME!
    The entrants: Thing by Fanfer , The Conqueror by Maaz, Lace dragons by Herr D ,

For STORY (written), Thing 0/5 , The Conqueror 5/5, Lace dragons 4/5
    For STORY (as seen), Thing 4/5 , The Conqueror 0/5, Lace dragons 2/5
    For ITEMS USE, Thing 3/5 , The Conqueror 2/5, Lace dragons 5/5
    For PICTURE OVERALL, Thing 5/5 , The Conqueror 3/5, Lace dragons 1/5
    TOTAL :Thing 12/20 , The Conqueror 10/20, Lace dragons D 12/20

THE GOOD:
    Maaz used all pieces in a clever and cohesive way, The Conqueror is a great portrait and I love the cape used as a tie,
    Thing: love the use of the background and the eyebrows being turned into a unibrow!
    THE BAD: I don’t see a lot of bad per se~ Fanfer all of you “bad” comes from being brand new -on the thread named “Metahumans Through the Ages”, Folkly talk about a few things that will help you in your next creation, like Transparency and Masking with links to some tutorials, I Hope that you find them, and they help!

The Win: Scoring SO high as a rookie against a veteran is worth that little bit extra~ Fanfair for Fanfer!
    as winner you get to pick 3 pieces and judge next week’s contest…
    (and here’s a link to that thread:)
    http://www.heromachine.com/forum/art-contests-challenges/metahumans-through-the-ages/

Keric
    Participant

Herr D, Maaz and others It is my sad duty to state that Fanfer has not selected his three items to set the contest, so as in the Miss ______ contest when the winner is unable for any reason to complete their dutys, the second runner up must take their place!

That said Herr D Pick your 3 and let’s hold judging say next W or Th?

Herr D
    Participant

Yikes. I traveled and didn’t check on e-mail, hoping I’d see the items the winner picked in time to enter–

How about 3 new ones and cutoff Sunday, noon? I should be able to judge before Sunday midnight? (EST)

Here’s three, and thanx Keric for expediting. Pity you caught me off-guard.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/herr-d/2013/12/3i.png

@Maaz–very cohesive use. Good blurb, too.

Keric
    Participant

L to R
    Floater, Dona, and Quill cat
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/keric/2013/12/Phokeman.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO CAN NO LONGER STAND THE SUSPENSE . . . [DRUMROLL] KERIC WINS THIS ROUND!

(Well it only took half the time with this number of entries . . .) K! 3 please! Smile

Keric
    Participant

341-now.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

That new store opened at the mall? Blundered around first. They sold these little tack hammers labeled “slipper breakers” and old style poison rings and wrought iron cauldrons, can you imagine? Then the owner got rid of all that junk, put what looks like maybe a wireless flat-screen t.v. on display and started selling the weirdest clothes you’ve ever seen, pretending he was stuck inside a mirror the whole time. Stupid, right?
    Wrong. Every morning as they open he has this runway show where these beautiful models no one recognizes parade around his store wearing his most bizarre stuff. Guys come to look and women actually buy some of it.
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2013hm/MirrorInc_zps894b2649.png
    Yeah, it’s a racket. I’ve been trying to meet him, but the owner of Mirror Inc. apparently never visits the store–he must have that custom oval flatscreen teched up to go real-time and transmits from somewhere else? No one’s ever met him–of course, we can’t seem to find records of him or any of his models, either . . .

Keric
    Participant

funny!Laugh

Keric
    Participant

Herr D~ the undisputed winner!
    select 3

Herr D
    Participant

Where did ev1 go? Oh, holidays. I understand; I’m busy too. Thank you, Keric. We really are probably ‘the two characters!’

HEY! Calling all hm-ers! [sound of rolliing dice] Muahahahahahaha! –wait, that’s a new one. There’s a Landscape in here, folks; just don’t let it rain inside your computer!

3i2.png

Keric
    Participant

If this picture in anyway relates to your domestic life, OTHER than as humor, please seek professional help LIKE the domestic help hotline!

The hero “Geodude (no relation to pokemon, thank you very much!) forgot something!oh-that-anniversary.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

K? 3! You win. I wonder why we are the only ones dedicated to this contest?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.