ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

Very few people know that NASA helped bring down a couple of broken broadcast satellites in the early ‘eighties. Even fewer people know that the space junk, after being checked over with Geiger counters and ownership and purpose verified, was scrapped in New Mexico. Even fewer people would know that some of it was purchased by a research facility with a questionable record of safety and results. Exactly ONE person is alive who knows which lot of space junk was purchased, ripped apart, and discovered to have an odd-looking plant growing on it. He booked a flight to Argentina before he could be detained.
    All ten men and both women in the building and one coroner’s assistant dissolved before autopsy. All evidence of the bloom but this still taken from a camcorder is missing. Etched into the concrete by some unknown powerful acid was the following message:

Hibernation over. I north.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2013hm/SpaceBloom_zps56997500.png

Park rangers in the mountains to the north of said facility have noticed the animal population is dropping.

Keric
    Participant

This challenge has ended! Herr you chased off all the challengers by being SO GOOD~congrats!

Herr D
    Participant

Thanx, Keric. I didn’t mean to chase off anyone though–I wanted to see others’ work too.

Ah, well, now I’ll get to. See below.items3.png

Keric
    Participant

Alpha-centaurie-Spa.PNG

prswirve
    Participant

Ha a giant hair blower!

Herr D
    Participant

I’m calling schedule difficulties again. Please have your submissions in by noon EST 9/13, hopefully to be judged before 7pm EST same day. We only have one entry so far–it’s not supposed to be THAT easy for me to judge.

Herr D
    Participant

Keric! Sorry for the delay–frankly, I wouldn’t have minded if the sole entrant just declared and moved on on schedule. I do like your piece. I haven’t seen their sign when I was out in that general direction, but I wouldn’t have been looking. I’m not really a spa type.

I DO LOVE MASSAGES THOUGH.

Keric
    Participant

341.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

The head of maintenance for Taurus’ Slots Of Smiles Division is generally a very happy man. Taurus slot machines are the most maintenance free in the industry, including from Vegas. Usually when they are shipped back for unfixable problems, he comes in the next day to discover that the casings are loose. Just loose. He re-fastens them and ships them out. His salary pays him enough to work full-time but he just never needs to. The one thing on his mind is that he can never find the fur neck pillow the CEO gave him. Blue and green animal stripes. Ugly pillow, but it was good for napping in his chair.
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2013hm/HerrD-MissingPillow_zpsc5ac9b82.png
    Really, he needs to find that pillow before the CEO visits next week. Where IS it?! Yell

Keric
    Participant

The winner for this round with his “TOO CUTE” creature is Herr D!

Herr D
    Participant

Thx, thx, and here we go!3pc.png 1 ear, 1 itemright-polearms, 1 legwear-kneepad

hawk007
    Participant

I wouldn’t consider it amazing, but here’s mine.

Jason.jpg

Keric
    Participant

Scan bot (SB) 5000 caught 1 of the alien worm creatures…
    Great-Escape.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

Wow. Just two entries. 1. Items were used, and not just in predictable ways. Keric had one more unconventional use than Hawk, but didn’t color an item–so somehow it isn’t enough to sway me by itself. 2. Keric shows a story while Hawk hints at one. Both are interesting. 3. The other items are interesting too. Good mod of a companion by Keric, good mod of gauntlets by Hawk.

Both pics are good. All things considered, I have to give this one to Hawk. It looks like he put more work in.

HAWK! Pick your three. You win.

hawk007
    Participant

Thanks!!! Ok, here’s mine.

Item 1. Hand Right, Standard
    Item 2. Tops, Male Coats
    Item 3. Neck Wear, Standard

Contest.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.