ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Maaz
    Participant

The planet of Bun Ja Linque was a desert planet, home to many tribes. The beings of this world battled for water, but still the world continued to thrive. Then there was the Cosmic Storm. The storm brought an alien being from the last galaxy it had visited, the ‘demon’ Dem Lann. Though the planet survived, it’s beings adapting to their new conditions, the being, a liquid monster, seeped into the cracks of the world. Eventually, it reached the planet’s core. Replenishing it’s power, the monster ripped out of the planet’s crust, with one intent- to feed.
    Dam-Lann.png

Keric
    Participant

cosmic-juggler.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

Okay, there’s only two: this one will close at 5:01 pm and I’ll probably have it judged before midnight. If you’ve a last-minute entry, that’s 5pm EST.

Herr D
    Participant

Okay: Both entries were absolutely huge.
    Maaz went with the liquid monster and wrote a good story to go with the pic. If there is a flaw, it’s not the pic itself, but it was harder to find the items. Looks nice and organic. I love alternate anatomies–I’d like to see more liquid monsters! Maaz you did good. Keric went with the solar-system-sized supernatural being, and I don’t normally like those massive things.
    But–it wasn’t bashing planets to bits or grossly overpowering bad guys–it was playing! Just a light-year-tall, fun-loving dude who can juggle planets, whatever without atomizing them or wiping people out. It somehow keeps them intact while playing, meaning it’s beyond physics, or supernatural. I can just imagine the faces of the crew of the ship firing at him, while their weapons probably can’t do anything at all to him or even to what he’s juggling. I have a whole story in the pic and title alone.

I gotta give this one to Keric. Pick your three, and congrats, man. Funny I didn’t think of that belt as a ship till you did it.

Keric
    Participant

Thank you Herr D, I thought Maaz had that contest, because his was SO good! I am glad that I entered now…anyway I picked these 3!
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/keric/2013/08/341.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

You have to be very clear and specific when dealing with computers.
    So you must be careful how you PHRASE what you wish for . . .
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2013hm/HerrD-AutoDate_zpsd4103182.png

Here is Zanimal, he hates his job as the accountant of Monsters Corp. One day he was so in raged by his boss’s criticism that he went out to the product assembly line and ate a worker. Well, now at least, no one bothers Zanimal at his desk.

Zanimal.jpg

Keric
    Participant

To quote Herr D this one will close at 5:01 pm (on the 21st -so I was fair in giving evr1 1 week)and I’ll probably have it judged before midnight. So(early) Last call!

Keric
    Participant

Herr D wins this one!

Herr D
    Participant

Gah! I thought this was tomorrow. Clock starts on next round–NOW.OPMC3.png

locations spelled out in file.

prswirve
    Participant

Ok i’ll try this…

shooting_star.png

Keric
    Participant

A picture of the mountains of an alternate universe!view-finder.PNG

Herr D
    Participant

Schedule Problem Alert: Contest to close 7pm EST. Hopefully to be judged tonight.

Herr D
    Participant

First of all, both entries were very likable. The little device that shows another realm is a classic, and who wouldn’t like an alien paramedic on break, chillin’ out after he couldn’t save someone, watching the shooting star that so many people think of as an omen associated with death?
    Second, story. Oops. I already talked about that. Good stories.
    Third, item usage. All three items are very obviously there, and I can tell mostly what they should be. Glasses, big nose, and coronal fin vs. viewfinder frame, mountains, and wings. I find Keric’s usages more creative but not as solid and self-explanatory. Isn’t that always how it is?
    Fourth, nit-picking. It’s been a while since I had to get picky to judge. Prswirve’s pic was ambitious, but maybe too ambitious for the time he put in. I see an ear on his shirt without an outline and a gap in his features too big for the glasses to explain. I also wanted to see part of the hand holding the book. Keric’s pic was simply done–companions and placement. It looks like he placed the winged cowboy in mid-air, but I wanted him completely inside the frame and feet hanging instead of flat. All in all, I normally like ambitious more, but holistically, I think Keric was closer to what he attempted.

Keric! Pick three!
    Oh–and Prs? I’d like to see an upgrade–pic has great potential.

Keric
    Participant

I began the selection process by going to the princess template and deleting/swapping until I had the pieces I wanted… That’s why they are colored~ you don’t have to try to use those colors!
    Free-1.PNG

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.