Melmo44’s Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Melmo44’s Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 206 total)
  • Author

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Interesting characters (+1)

great team-fasion sense (+1)

colors are well picked for each one (+1)

poses are posing wonderfully! (+1)

Overall: i like it! (+1)

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Free-For-All

For giggles, here’s one I found in my HM folder. This is the birth of Rolanna Blood-Eyes. Here she is not the fearsome Warrior she was the first time she showed up here. Here, she is newly resurrected by the two death goddesses, an aura of their power still around her. The arrow wounds that would have caused her death adorn her, her dress as torn apart as her life. She sets her sights south, to the great city of Cathis, where she will fulfill her vow to destroy the agents of the Dark.

http://orig07.deviantart.net/89b4/f/2016/219/c/9/rolanna_reborn_by_melmo44-dad1o8w.png

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

it’s not very often i see any character shown in state like that (maybe i am blind, maybe its truly rare for people to make something like that)

Anyway, the effect of freshly reborn character is here, colors are chosen really good, and overall look of her is wonderful. Also no major or even medium-sized flaws detected. And, when i finally paid attention to background, it became even greater creation. Fantastic work! (+1)

Vampyrist
    Participant

I agree with Lull-Carae, she is great. There is so much emotion packed into the picture, her rage is so visible, though the aura helps with that as well. It is a fantastic image.

melmo44
    Participant

it’s not very often i see any character shown in state like that (maybe i am blind, maybe its truly rare for people to make something like that) Anyway, the effect of freshly reborn character is here, colors are chosen really good, and overall look of her is wonderful. Also no major or even medium-sized flaws detected. And, when i finally paid attention to background, it became even greater creation. Fantastic work! (+1)

I agree with Lull-Carae, she is great. There is so much emotion packed into the picture, her rage is so visible, though the aura helps with that as well. It is a fantastic image.

@ Lull-Carae and Vampyrist- Thank you! I did that one around the same time I did the Warrior version to make an image of that moment for myself. It’s awesome that you liked it so much!

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Walk Like an Egyptian

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nekhbet

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wadjet

Two sisters, born one year apart under auspicious omens had no idea they were special, as these omens had been long lost to time. Both sets of grandparents had left Egypt before the births of their parents, and the two girls grew up like any other western kids. On the day they turned nineteen and twenty, they learned the truth. They were destined to become avatars of the goddesses Nekhbet and Wadjet, the protectors of the Pharaoh. The long-dormant old magic was slowly seeping back into the world, and the girls were tasked in finding and protecting the one who carried the Pharaoh’s blood, and standing against the works of the chaotic ones (Set and Apophis) and the demons. The two girls shed their modern names, taking new ones from history: The eldest took the name Semat, and became the avatar of the cobra, Wadjet, and the youngest became Nebetah, avatar of the vulture, Nekhbet. This, and the inner turmoil that comes of having an ancient goddess live inside you, alienated them from their family, but opened a door of knowledge long closed. They search now for the Blood of Kings (whoever that may be), and any other avatars that may have awoken in the world.

Picture:  http://orig08.deviantart.net/f6d4/f/2016/226/0/2/wadjet_and_nekhbet_by_melmo44-dadyale.png

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Shocking

Voltess- http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Voltess

My version- a circus performer named Violet Campbell was performing her act when lightning stuck the tent. It was no ordinary tempest, the evil Dr. Rads was trying to perfect a radiation storm to purge the city. The bizarre bolt stuck Violet as she clung to the central pole of the Big Top, electroplating her arm and part of her face with steel. She can now gather and emit lightning blasts and wears a special costume to help conduct and store the large amounts energy she generates. She now calls herself Voltess.

http://orig05.deviantart.net/e677/f/2016/240/6/4/voltess_by_melmo44-dafo8nd.png

Tiberius

Really nice work on the sisters and their backstory. The color selections are very well done.

Voltess looks pretty sweet. Are these characters from an RPG or a world of characters you have created on your own?

melmo44
    Participant

Really nice work on the sisters and their backstory. The color selections are very well done. Voltess looks pretty sweet. Are these characters from an RPG or a world of characters you have created on your own?

Thanks! All characters are of my own creation, unless otherwise stated as being a re-imagining of a Public Domain or mythological character. I have a certain number of worlds they inhabit based on who they are; some are already established by writing and other stuff I do, and others I make up on the spot when I put together their backstory. I have a hard time making a character and not giving them some kind of background.

Tiberius

I think I’m just the opposite, I make the characters, but have a hard time with giving them a good background.

Herr D
    Participant

You guys’ idea-flows are patterned? Wow. I get shreds of ideas visual and story and oriented in every medium I’ve ever heard of. What’s hard for me is finding the time to get any idea about anything to a stage of completion before most of it (and some of its best parts) is forgotten.

melmo44
    Participant

What’s hard for me is finding the time to get any idea about anything to a stage of completion before most of it (and some of its best parts) is forgotten.

I hear you on that. I have so many little scraps of paper with notes and (very bad) sketches I’ve done at work so I don’t forget something. So many bits and pieces with scenes or dialogue or characters, or whatever. When I make something here, a lot of times I’ll have a rough idea for a backstory that develops as I come up with the character, then I fill in the blanks when I write it out.

melmo44
    Participant

Pop Quiz- Skull Duggery

A horror-ish themed skull I whipped up.

There was no plan for this, it was just throwing things at it to see what worked. I do like the result, though.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tiberius

Wow, that is freaky! Really nice job on those teeth. I’m liking the complex patterns on the top of the skull as well.

cliff
    Participant

Melmo
    You have such kewl art.

Some of my faves are:
    Subsonic costume and backstory

Mermazons fron CDC- Public Domain Aquatic
    which actually my VERY Fave!!!
    Great costume adn details and background.

Congrats Melmo for your Gothic Sugar Skull win!
    I’m not the least surprised.
    I had showed my wife the entries and she liked yours out of all of them.
    Well deserved.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.