Mad Jack's World of Superheroes & -villains

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Mad Jack's World of Superheroes & -villains

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 195 total)
  • Author

Nug
    Participant

I think you shade bout as good as anyone else. Your color combinations (on Spider Wasp especially) are to be highly commended! I’ve seen these on DA also, and I’m loving everyone of em.

I’m gonna have to ask you though which item you used to make that sash coming out of his belt. I can’t place it right off hand. Blades maybe?

Mad Jack
    Participant

Awwww, don’t stop making me blush. Combining the colors on Spider Wasp was easy – I simply adhered closely to the colors of the original insect … 😉

As for the sash coming out of his belt: It’s just the lower part of one of the new male coats masked to a rectangle. 😀

More insect themed characters:

DRAGONFLY
    Dragonfly
    (click picture to see it in full size – powers and profile will follow on my website at some time or another)

Mad Jack
    Participant

Firebug
    Firebug
    (click picture to see it in full size – powers and profile will follow on my website at some time or another)

djuby
    Participant

Nice work!

Mad Jack
    Participant

Thanks djuby! 😀

Pun intended:

BUGLET
    Buglet

Skoul
    Participant

Loving the insect themed characters, i mite be becoming a fan!

Mad Jack
    Participant

Thanks! 😀

HORNET
    Hornet

CantDraw
    Participant

My eyes are bugging out looking at these insect characters! Get it? Seriously, though, looking at your creations is better than watching mosquitoes in a bug light.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Thanks CD! Mosquitoes, huh? Hmmm…

*grabs a piece of toilet paper and scribbles a notice: “Mosquito!”*
    *grabs another piece and makes a list: 1. buy post-its – 2. stop surfing in the internet while on the pot*
    Meanwhile:

RED SCARAB
    Red Scarab

Mad Jack
    Participant

Couldn’t resist:

ASIAN TIGER (Project M.O.S.Q.U.I.T.O.)
    Asian Tiger

Mad Jack
    Participant

While awaiting eagerly the publishing date of the Creators Club Poster, I’m tinkering on some charcters.

First the reinterpreation of an older character:

R. Cain (see what I did there?) 😉
    R. Caine
    (click picture to see it in full size with more details.)

History/Powers:

Richard Caine is a privat eye / sorcerer with a partially demonic heritage working on cases related to the supernatural and otherwise weird – a psychic detective with a liability to the occult if you like. When using magic he takes on some demonic features (like his horns and the tail) and his powers include the ability to perceive ghosts and other supernatural entities.

Mad Jack
    Participant

And here’s one of his recurring opponents:

BARON SAMEDI
    Baron Samedi
    (click picture to see it in full size with more details)

History:

In the Haitian Vodou, Baron Samedi is the Loa of the dead (leading them to the underworld) and resurrection. He is notorious for his outrageous behavior, swearing continuously and making filthy jokes, but also for being extremely charming. He has a particular fondness for tobacco and rum as well for disruption, obscenity, and debauchery – often chasing after mortal women despite the fact that he is married to another powerful spirit known as Maman Brigitte. Baron Samedi can usually be found at the crossroad between the worlds of the living and the dead.

Powers:

With his vast powers when it comes to vodou curses and black magic, Baron Samedi is the master of the dead as well as a giver of life. He can cure any mortal of any disease or wound, if he thinks it is worthwhile, and prevent people on the verge of death from dying or bring them back from death as brainless zombies.

CantDraw
    Participant

I really like Baron’s threads and the raising dead effect is pretty cool.

Linea24
    Participant

Ooooh, he remind me of the villian from the Frog Princess movie.

Suleman
    Participant

I really dig Baron Samedi. He looks great both from close up and from a distance, that’s not easy. Just so many cool little details and effects.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.