Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 406 total)
  • Author

Linea24
    Participant

Here’s my second entry to the Western Zodiac Contest (and my own birthsign):

Scorpio
    Linea24-Scorpio.png

This is probably my favorite piece I’ve done so far. Though, I don’t like how the hands came out. Any comments and critiques are welcome, as always.

Nug
    Participant

Nice concept! You’re shading skills are to be commended. I admire anyone who has the patients to shade things and you do it wonderfully! I love the scorpion medallion! I’m having a little trouble with the perspective though. Is she 3/4 turned or is it a front view?

Linea24
    Participant

@Nug: Thanks! As for whether she’s in front-view or 3/4 turned, she’s 3/4 turned. May I ask what threw you off?

Nug
    Participant

In that case it’s the left arm thats throwing me off. Seems to me it may be sticking out a little too far for a turned pose.

Linea24
    Participant

You’re right. I see what you’re talking about now. I’ll go back and change it later.

Linea24
    Participant

Okay, here’s the edited Scorpio:

Scorpio-edited.png

And a close-up this time:

Scorpio-close-up.png

Nug
    Participant

Much better I think. You?

You made the scorpion out of hair??? That’s a stroke of some kind of genius! Awesome use of items! Nice side view eye also.

Linea24
    Participant

Yeah, it looks better for me too.
    And yes, the scorpion is made up of hair. There’s actually a lot of things the hair items can be used for, like fire, or trim. In fact, at first it was just a diamond shape with a scorpion tattoo masked to it, but it didn’t look quite right, so I just went all out and made a full medallion.
    Now that I think about it, I think I should make a shawless version, simply because she was originally not going to have a shawl on.

Linea24
    Participant

Shawless version of Scorpio:

Scorpio-shawless.png

Close-Up:

Scorpio-shawless-close-up.png

I’m starting to really enjoy this character’s design. So much that I’m starting to want to make her into an actual character in my Astra universe.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Nice, she looks amazing.

Trekkie
    Participant

Agreed.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Wow, that dress is stunning.

Nug
    Participant

Did you already have the arms under the shaw? I like this version better! Great job!

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks, everyone!

@Nug
    : Actually, no. In fact, I had to reposition the hand so that the arm wouldn’t be in a overtly tense position (not sure if that’s the best way to say itConfused).

Linea24
    Participant

And I almost forgot. I’ve recently been trying to work on my right-hand skills (being left-handed sucks, sometimes) by coloring line art with my computer. So soon, you may see some of my older creations returning as non-HM colored pieces.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.