Lightningsword’s Superhero HQ

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Lightningsword’s Superhero HQ

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 325 total)
  • Author

prswirve
    Participant

Great work. So heavily ams inspired, especially the boots. I can see a great machinist in the making here. The great ams now has a successor. :)

Lightningsword
    Participant

I think Jei has the whole AMS successor thing. Maybe your successor instead,I’d be happy to carry the Philippine flag in HM.

Lightningsword
    Participant

Here’s another one:
    Arius Titus, The Warrior
    Arius.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Someone has been looking round djuby’s gallery I see. Looks great, keep it up.

Lightningsword
    Participant

Thanks JR! Djuby’s work is very inspiring!

Lightningsword
    Participant

Another one:
    Datu Kurin!
    Datu-Kurin.png

Lightningsword
    Participant

And no, I don’t know why he kinda looks like prswirve.

Lightningsword
    Participant

Now, the guy with the glowing tattoo:
    Rune!
    Rune.png

Lightningsword
    Participant

Here we have the so-called “Son of Apollo”:
    Alexander!
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/fudgee/2013/09/Alexander.png
    Does the gauntlet work? feedback please!

JR19759
    Keymaster

He looks like he’d have one hell of a right hook. The guantlet works for me, but I might suggest that if you are going to have such a shine coming off of it, maybe show some evidence of that on the adjacent body (abdomen, belt and thigh), just a small reflection of the glow on each could really look good. Also it doesn’t look like you’ve finished shading it, the belt looks completely untouched and I can see no shadowing anywhere, so maybe address those issues. Good work though, I do like the guantlet. (Apologise for the long critique I’m still in OCD mode)

Lightningsword
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

He looks like he’d have one hell of a right hook. The guantlet works for me, but I might suggest that if you are going to have such a shine coming off of it, maybe show some evidence of that on the adjacent body (abdomen, belt and thigh), just a small reflection of the glow on each could really look good. Also it doesn’t look like you’ve finished shading it, the belt looks completely untouched and I can see no shadowing anywhere, so maybe address those issues. Good work though, I do like the guantlet. (Apologise for the long critique I’m still in OCD mode)

Alright, here we go, edited Alexander!
    Alexander has been called the Son of Apollo ever since he found the Gauntlet of Apollo. More people are looking for the left one, the Gauntlet of Ares, and the Cape of Hades.
    Alexander-2.png

Herr D
    Participant

If you’re up for continuing improvements, the right foot looks wrong somehow. Shrink it? Definitely take a head or something and show a tiny bit of calf/shin from the side. For the foot to be where it is, the calf can’t be lined up under the thigh . . .

You might also want some charcoal and smoke coming off the gauntlet? Interesting shape, I like it.

Lightningsword
    Participant

@Herr D said:

If you’re up for continuing improvements, the right foot looks wrong somehow. Shrink it? Definitely take a head or something and show a tiny bit of calf/shin from the side. For the foot to be where it is, the calf can’t be lined up under the thigh . . .

You might also want some charcoal and smoke coming off the gauntlet? Interesting shape, I like it.

There is a head behind the thigh, although it was covered by the sword. And the smoke was a nice suggestion. I’ll do that when I get my hands on my computer.

Lightningsword
    Participant

Alexander’s brother who discovered the Gauntlet of Ares:
    Orion!
    Orion-incomplete.png
    Where do I put the zypping for the glow from the gauntlet? Criticisms, anyone?

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Maybe zyp the individual circles around the “elbow joint.” Definitely zyp the center circle. The slits in the kneepad that make the forearm. Like there is energy within the gauntlet. Use a different red for the spiked shoulder pads. As it is, the gauntlet is somewhat muddled without a sharper break in the color.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 325 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.