JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,411 through 1,425 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Lull-Carae: Glad you like it (even the pun). I definitely will be doing something else with Sweet Death, as soon as I have another idea I think will work. But I’ve already got an idea for Lady Infernus (and of course Bright Idea is going to be being silly, because that’s a given), but that’s gonna have to wait until after I’ve done the next two on my list. But don’t worry it’ll happen.

You having said about the Sweet Death from Bright Ideas dimension has got me wondering about the Bright Idea from Sweet Deaths dimension. That’d be pretty interesting to see don’t you think…. *very subtle hints* 😉

@Nug
    : Merci mon ami

@Jeimuzu- Cow?! Where? I only see ponies! And don’t worry, more shall come… patience you must have Master Skywalker.

Linea24
    Participant

Nice, JR!

…Why do I have the feeling the picture of Bright Idea and Story Lyric together is going to involve writing in some form?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Linea24- You know, I did think of that, but I chose something else instead. I’m not gonna tell you what it is yet, but I can guarantee you’ll like it.

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

@JR: Okay, i understand what you want me to do – when i will find some free time, i will start doing it as fast as possible 😉

JR19759
    Keymaster

Bright Idea- Hey, have you beaten the Elite 4 yet?

Story Lyric- Nearly. I’m one Luna at the moment. Her Darkrai is giving me problems.

Idea- *heh* You think that’s bad, wait until you get to Champion Celestia. She has a evil sun team. She leads with a Mega Charizard Y, sets up the sun and nearly one shot my Tyranitar with Solar Beam.

Lyric- Oh, that sounds bad. I don’t know if my Milotic can take that.

Idea- Oh it gets worse. After that she switches into a Blaziken, with Speed Boost and starts setting up with Swords Dance. Luckily I have my Latias to Psychic it.

Lyric- Ok, just beat Luna. I’m on my way to…

Idea- FOCUS SASH!!!!!!!

Lyric- What!?

Idea- The Blaziken has a Focus Sash. It Swords Danced again and I hit it with a Psychic and bam Focus Sash!

Lyric- How many has it got now?

Idea- Three Speed Boosts and two Swords Dances. Oh my Celestia. It just Baton Passed.

Lyric- Baton Passed? Into what?

Idea- *groans* A Ho-oh

Lyric- Ok, you’re bucked.

Idea- May I suggest, after we’ve been bodied here, we go and implement a new strategy, massive, massive over-levelling.

Ok, this took toooooooooo long. I’ll take the blame entirely for that. I screwed the poses up and because of that I lost interest in finishing it. But I managed it and I have to say, I’m so proud of this one, especially Story Lyric. I went full Twilight Sparkle adorkable on her and I personally think she looks amazing, but that’s just me. I had to change up her cutie mark a bit from Linea’s original, because it didn’t fit properly and didn’t look right if the whole thing was sized any smaller.

Oh and if anyone is wondering, they’re doing a Co-Op run through of Ponymon: Harmony Version (if only it existed…)

Next on the guest list: Myro’s Pulp Noir.

And incidentally, who saw todays episode. Best episode of the season so far. Everything about it was perfect.

EDIT: Changed Story Lyric’s magic colour.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

CantDraw
    Participant

Excellent! As a fellow Brony, I declare this Pony Approved!

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Oh my goodness!  Pokemon and Ponies, what more can I ask for?  Great job on the posing.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@CantDraw- Like so? 😉

@Jeimuzu- Dunno, what could you ask for? But yeah, considering how both me and Linea are both Pokemon nerds, I had to have some form of Pokemon involvement in a pic of our pony OC’s. And cheers for the compliment. I need to see if the Notes system on deviantart allows for conversations between groups of people rather than just between two people, because that’s one thing the PM system here had that I really miss (apart from the obvious fact that it was on here).

Myro
    Participant

Looking forward to see what you do with Pulp. Great job so far.

Linea24
    Participant

@JR: Wow, I love it! I actually like the change you made to Story’s cutie mark. Plus, how did you know that her magic color was pink?

(I think I wouldn’t want to face that Elite 4/Champion. Not unless I had waaaay overleveled pokemon)

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Myro- I have a scenario all planned, and it’s gonna require even more complicated poses than the last two… This’ll be interesting.

@Linea- Glad you like it. With the magic, I got it wrong at first, made it the same colour as her eyes. Then I remembered that with the Unicorns from the show, their magic is the same colour as their cutie mark, so I went with the pink (because it looked better than the green from the book). I actually planned out that entire game. The Elite 4 is Shining Armor, who has Fighting types including a Mega Gallade and a Keldeo, Candence, who trains Fairy types including a Mega Gardevoir and a Diancie, Discord, who trains Ghost types and has a Mega Banette (for the Prankster) and a Hoopa (amongst the many many other annoying Ghost types I can think of to shove on his annoying team), and Luna, who trains Dark types and has a Mega Absol and a Darkrai. Celestia meanwhile has a Mega Charizard Y, Blaziken, Volcarona, Victini, Reshiram and Ho-Oh, because she can control the sun for Celestia’s sake, why wouldn’t her sun team be completely over-powered. I wish I could make the game a reality but I don’t have a clue about rom-hacking or programming.

Oh and that scenario did actually happen to me once, only it wasn’t a Ho-Oh, it was a Haxorus, which is only slightly less scary. I beat it using an Avalanche Swampert that I forgot I’d given a Focus Sash. I freaked out when the Sash popped.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, now, I know I promised the Bright Idea/ Pulp Noir picture next, but that’s one complicated ass pose I’m trying there, so it’ll take a while, and anyway today at work I saw this name and I thought, that sounds like a MLP name and inspiration struck. So it’s new OC time.

Meet Sky Dancer, a Pegasus from Cloudsdale and one of Bright Idea’s best friends. As her name suggests, her talent is aerobatics or sky dancing. She isn’t the fastest flier around, but she is one of the most agile. She’s also a massive fan of aneighme, an animation style from Nippony, a country far east of Equestria. She and Bright Idea met at the Canterlot Aneighme Convention, where they were both cosplaying as characters from the same show. Predictably, they spent the rest of the con hanging out, quoting entire scenes from the show and generally driving every-pony within the vicinity crazy.

Attachments:

Nug
    Participant

Niiice.

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

It’s pony. And it’s cute. Great, cute pony, JR

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ooooooooooookay. Almost a month without posting something new. Been way too busy.

Anyway, once again I haven’t got the promised Idea/ Pulp Noir pic done and I only did this to try and get myself back into ‘machining again and considering the pose is reused, it was pretty simple to do. I was originally gonna hold this until after the Pulp pic so I could make a joke reference that no-one would get until I posted it, but I haven’t posted on this thread in ages and I’ve no idea when the other pic is gonna be finished so…. god I ramble a lot don’t I? So anyways, new OC time.

Meet Cheesecake. She’s an Earth Pony who lives in Canterlot with her room mate (and possible mare-friend, I haven’t decided yet) Bright Idea. As you can probably tell by her name her special talent and profession is baking and general desert making, which suits Bright Idea just fine, as she’s the one who tries out CC’s new recipes. She has a much calmer disposition than her rather scatty friend and is usually the one to freak out last in a crisis, which is probably for the best considering the shenanigans Idea can get into. She learnt how to bake from her aunt and uncle from Ponyville and often swaps recipes with their store assistant.

So, just one thing quickly before I go. 1: I’m not too sure about the cutie mark, do you guys think I should change it/ edit it, if so how?

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,411 through 1,425 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.