JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

You better start. To be serious, i am not sure what you are exactly talking about (english hard sometimes for Lull ;_; Lull sad beacuse of it)

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Lull-Carae: Ok, basically, what’s happening is; Jeimuzu said he wanted to see a picture (or a series of pictures) with both my Bright Idea and your Sweet Death interacting. I replied saying I had been thinking about it as well and the bit directed at you was me asking if you were interested as well and if so, who was going to do the first picture. (Hopefully that all makes sense. I talk/ think too fast for my own good sometimes when I get excited about things).

I’ve got an idea that I want to try out, so if I have your permission to do my take on Sweet Death then I’m going to get started right away.

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Thanks man, now i understand everything ^^ I hope it’s last time someone have to translate to me what is going on ;_;
    And…Yea, that’s cool idea, do it JR, do it!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Don’t worry about it, I’d be even more lost if we were talking in Polish, so it’s not a problem.

Anyway. It shall be done. *rubs hands/ hooves together in glee*

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok guys, two orders of business.

Firstly I want opinions on what I’m currently working on. It’s not even half-way done yet, I’ve only got one character done so far, I’ve still got to do Sweet Death (that’ll take a bit, because I’ve got to find a decent reference for the proportions in a similar pose to what I have in mind. There’s plenty of pose refs for normal pony body styles, but for Sweet Death I’m limited to 3 characters, so it takes longer). I just want your thoughts on the anatomy and the pose, does it look right? (I know I haven’t added nostrils or the inner ear yet, I’ll sort that out in a bit). Is the cutie mark too small? Do the front hooves and back legs look right?

Also, obviously considering what day it is (I have to watch the episodes a day late because I don’t get Discovery Family), anyone see the new episode? So GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Hang on, just had a thought. Anyone else got any a pony OC or an idea of one that I can have a go at. I’m having fun doing these and I want something else to work on after I’ve finished the current one.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Nug
    Participant

Yeah that’s cute, JR. I believe you should move the mark N bout a 10 click, or so, and mask it to the shape of the hip as so only part of it shows. You start shading, it will flow with the hip, and perspective better. Cant wait to see it finished.

I keep trying the Pony creator on DA, but it bugs out with my cutie mark so maybe others can help you out.

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

that pose looks fantastic, i can’t say bad word about it! Keep going my friend, i can’t wait to see it finished.

Myro
    Participant

Loving it.

Need to watch last Saturday’s episode again. I’ve been sick lately, and I keep dozing off whenever I watch anything it seems. Hopefully I shake this soon.

Yeah, if you really want to take a shot at my pony OC, I could send you links to pictures that friends have drawn of him. And yeah, he’s a stallion, so if that’s a problem, I’ll understand.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Myro- Nope Stallions are no problem, it’ll be interesting to try it out.

Hope you feel better soon. You missed a cracker of an episode.

Myro
    Participant

Jeimuzu
    Participant

I’m so excited about all these ponies!  Bright Idea looks fantastic, the final version is going to be spectacular for sure.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Jeimuzu- Well, hopefully everyone will find it spectacular.

I was pondering holding this one back until Sunday (put out something after each episode), but considering I’ve now got to do a Bright Idea and Story Lyric (Linea’s pony) pic, which I have a really good idea for (lets just hope I can pull it off) and a pic involving Pulp Noir, I think I’d better get on with it. So, anyways….

“Are you really going to eat all of that chocolate cheesecake by yourself?”

Bright Idea nods.

“You’ll make yourself ill.”

“I love cheesecake. And anyway, I’ve already eaten 2 already, plus some blueberry muffins and a ton of chocolate!”

“How? Why?”

“I’m trying to put myself in a food coma.”

“A food coma?”

“Yeah. Or to put it another way, a Sweets Death….”

*awkward silence*

“Did you really invite me here just so you make that joke?”

Bright Idea & Sweet Death

(Lull, I’m soooooo sorry. *Hides face in shame at that pun*)

Ok, so, very happy with how Idea came out here, not so happy with SD. The proportions aren’t right and she’s too short, something which I only noticed after colouring and at that point there’s no chance of being able to change anything considering how these ponies are put together. Might have to try her out again at some point (provided Lull lets me after that pun). But other stuff first…..

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

To be serious JR, i am really, really…happy!
    That mini story and pun made my day – i laughted a lot, so trust me, you don’t have to say “sorry”

Sweet Death on your art isn’t same SD that i made, and that is great. When i look at it, i have felling it’s just SD from Bright Idea dimension. She isn’t scary anymore – she is extreme adorable for me. I love it, JR!

And before you ask – yes, you can use SD again if you want to. Actually, you can use Lady Infernus as well (and every other pony i am planning to create in future).

Nug
    Participant

That’s awesome! Love the story and the pic suits it perfectly! Truly awesome job, my friend!

Jeimuzu
    Participant

holy cow!  I love it so much.  I demand more ponies! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.