JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,276 through 1,290 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Stulte- Danke
    @Nug- I guess I just expect it from… certain people, especially after previous comments they’ve made about this series ;) . Anyway, the legs seem alright to me so maybe it is just you. Glad you like her, as I said you helped a bit with it.

Anyway, if it isn’t too much trouble, it would be really helpful if I could get some feedback on the story, because it is fairly crucial to the development of these characters. If I don’t know what you guys think, I’m kinda stuck in limbo, not knowing what to do next.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Hmm… depends how you want to play it out.

Is it a real pregnancy kind of thing where maybe Danni started off as joking, but finds herself actually really yearning to start a family and getting in over her head trying not to let on to Lili that she’s serious which could blow up in the classic (“Wait let me explain!”) scenario?

Or are they both faking interest to appease Lili’s family which could lead to a Frasier-esque (did anybody else watch that show?) comedy of errors as they try desperately to keep up appearances as the months progress?

Herr D
    Participant

I just can’t even tell you how many virtual time outs I’ve been in . . .

[ahem] A shadow montage of the stunned family at the table might be a nice touch. If done correctly, it might very well illustrate the old saw, “words hit as hard as a fist.”

–I’d have to say that Danni was very wise to set that boundary right away, just as she did. Admirable, good catch. –Maybe building on it would be the logical next step?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCatriz & Herr D- Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I think I know how I want the story to play out now, so I’ll be posting the rest of it over on the writers room thread when I finish each part. But for now, I think there’s something need to get out of the way. It was an inevitability really, so I had to do it.

Family.png

Apart from a possible major spoiler (not that I think anyone would have been surprised, but oh well), may contain other spoilers to possible future developments in the story and possible future pictures.
    Not that I’m hinting at anything at all.

Nug
    Participant

Aren’t prego people fun to make? http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif (No innuendo intended)
    Nicely done on that JR! I’ve been waiting to see it.

edit: Circle insignia used to make that belly? Maybe a couple of them with the belly button masked to one of em?

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Wow, I feel like I missed so much since I’ve been gone. Let’s see. Metal Lili is awesome! This might be a strange thing to point out, but I really like the speaker/sound system you made. And Danni is pregnant?! Wow, I’ve got some reading to catch up on. Laugh

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Nug- No, pregnant people aren’t fun to make, on heromachine that is http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif God it gave me a headache working out how to get it to work on the facing forward perspective. I’ve done similar stuff in side-on poses, but never in the normal pose. You know how you hate masking tonnes of stuff to the same item type? Well let me put it this way- I gave up counting how many circles were used for masking in this entire picture. The belly was actually made using the Mysterio bubble helmet from Headgear- Modern.
    @Jeimuzu- It’s an amplifier actually, glad you like it. Once again, it’s based on my amp (which is a Line 6, see what I did there? http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif ). As for the other thing, well, maybe. I’ll put it this way, possibly…. Not got that far yet, but there are other possible hints in the picture that no-one seems to have noticed. Oh and if you want to catch up on the story, I’d suggest going here- http://www.heromachine.com/forum/the-writers-room/lili-danni-stories/

Nug
    Participant

“You know how you hate masking tonnes of stuff to the same item type? Well let me put it this way- I gave up counting how many circles were used for masking in this entire picture. The belly was actually made using the Mysterio bubble helmet from Headgear- Modern.”

Yeah man I do. I’m working on a bird helmet right now with the 3/4 turned head. I’m up to about 10 or so heads… I feel your frustration. That’s how epic stuff gets pumped out of the machine though. Nice use of items for that belly! I would have never guessed.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Just wanted to say that I’m finally caught up with Lili and Danni’s story. I loved the family gathering and restless night was great as well. I’m excited for the next part of their story, but I’m also worried for Lili. Hopefully when she talks to you “JR” that’ll help her address her true feelings about the whole children thing.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Jeimuzu- What makes you think I’d be any help? Maybe I want to make her suffer? ;) Or maybe I’ll bring a friend along to help? ;) ;)

JR19759
    Keymaster

Anyway, quick update for y’all. Latest instalment of the Lili & Danni stories has gone up on my Writers ROom thread, so check that out if you want. I’m currently in the process of working on a few new bits of art, with a bit of help from the great djuby, but they won’t be going up just yet, because a) they aren’t finished and b) I don’t know if I want to post them until a certain point in the story has been reached. But don’t worry it shouldn’t be too long.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

All caught up on the latest of Lili and Danni. I loved every second of An Unexpected Guest, it was a wonderful read. I love Sempi! Also I didn’t realize your name was James. That’s my name too. Laugh

Nug
    Participant

I think it would be cool to see a pic of this JR character. :P

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Jeimuzu- I will admit, I have a very large soft spot for Sempi, she is probably my favourite character.
    @Nug- If you want to see a pic go to my PUP. I suck at self portraits.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Sorry for the bout of inactivity lately guys. I got a job this week (an actual job. You know, the kind that sucks), so I haven’t had much time to work on finishing the Lili and Danni stories or work on anything new. Also I’m going to be going on holiday this coming Tuesday, so I won’t have internet access for a week. This won’t affect the posting of the contests, I can schedule them before I go, but I won’t be able to post the results of next weeks poll or chose the finalists for the following weeks poll, though hopefully Kaldath will be able to find the time to sort that out for me. It also means that I’m going to miss the Doctor Who season premier, which sucks. So y’all can expect the first JReview of Doctor Who season 8 a bit later on than planned.
    Anyway, I’ve noticed this page doesn’t actually have any art on it yet. So, to rectify that, have an art.
    Eye.png
    It is only a stop gap thing, but I like it.
    JR out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,276 through 1,290 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.