JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Mad Jack
    Participant

Very nice characters and a very elaborate story. Me like it… ;)

Deadman

Great job JR!

Vampyrist
    Participant

Great story and I love her broach.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys and @Vamp- I love that broach as well.

Villains now.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2014/02/Baask.png

For as long as there has been recorded history in EtherWorld, the Gremlins have been banished from its boarders. A vile, warlike race, they were forced out into the wilder lands of the east by the Founders in the dark times. Over the many thousands of years, hatred festered in the hearts of the Gremlins, helped on by a black force that also resided in the east, until finally their forces were marshalled under one flag and the war against the light was joined. The Gremlin forces were led by a giant brutal Gremlin called Baask, who became known as Baask the Butcher because of his incredible violence. Baask led the attack on Castaryl that destroyed the great Elven capital and killed King Kastarobos with his bare hands, tearing him limb from limb. He now commands his forces from the desecrated throne room of the Elven king. There are many legends and myths surrounding the Gremlin general, all designed to strike fear into the hearts of those who would oppose him, but he is not invulnerable. During the battle of Castaryl, he was injured by a young Elven guard and his left eye is almost blind, meaning his reactions are dulled and not as fast as they used to be, although he is still a formidable opponent.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Loving this series! Very nice high fantasy :D

Hammerknight
    Participant

Very cool, I had to look twice at first glance the sword looked like his tail.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys. I’ve been reading the Silmarillion recently (or trying to, it’s not exactly an easy read is it), so that might explain the high fantasy style.

Anyway, I seem to be on a roll at the moment, so lets keep going, with a more minor villain, if you could even call him that. More an antagonist really.

Farin-Halborn.png

Farin Halborn was born into a family renown in Elven society for their powerful magic, having produced at least 3 Kings and numerous Princes’, Princess’ and Academy Professors throughout their linage. Farin was no different. His talent for magic was noticed early on and he was often given special treatment by those around him, leading to him developing some-what of an over-developed ego. As everyone expected, Farin was selected for Prince-hood by King Kastarobos, however, much to Farin’s disgust and anger, the King favoured others, especially June Spellsong, over him. The King believed that Farin would make a bad ruler, as he was vain and selfish, where-as a real monarch should put their people before themselves. When Farin heard this, he vowed to prove his teacher wrong. He went travelling, in order to attempt to understand the “common” people, despite the war that was raging across EtherWorld. However, he was captured by the Gremlin forces, who recognised his gowns and jewellery as those belonging to a member of the Elven Royal house. In his cowardice, Farin told them everything he knew about the defences of the capital, but that did not save him, for his captor was The Butcher, Baask. Farin did return to Castaryl, his body borne aloft on a pike staff as a banner by the Gremlin forces, as they destroyed the city and slaughtered its inhabitants.

Deadman

Baask looks phenomenal. Awesome work.

Angel of Chaos
    Participant

Yo these some good pics man and u have a cool imagination to.

Hammerknight
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

Thanks guys. I’ve been reading the Silmarillion recently (or trying to, it’s not exactly an easy read is it), so that might explain the high fantasy style.

I know what you mean I tried to read it years ago and didn’t make it past the first couple of pages.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

Ooh! Stick with it! So many awesome stories in there. The Ainulindalë, the Valaquenta, The Two Trees, Beren and Lúthien, The Nirnaeth Arnoediad, the Akallabêth… *ahem* What I mean to say is that it’s well worth the effort. There’s a lot of characters and places, but it provides SO much depth and context for the LotR. [/TolkienFanboyRant]

Trekkie
    Participant

How did I know you were going to say something like that, Di? ;)

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCicatriz said:

@JR19759 said:

Ooh! Stick with it! So many awesome stories in there. The Ainulindalë, the Valaquenta, The Two Trees, Beren and Lúthien, The Nirnaeth Arnoediad, the Akallabêth… *ahem* What I mean to say is that it’s well worth the effort. There’s a lot of characters and places, but it provides SO much depth and context for the LotR. [/TolkienFanboyRant]

Di, if we ever do have a WiFi battle on X&Y remind me to bring my Malamar, you’ll love the name I’ve given it.

JR19759
    Keymaster

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2014/02/The-Valdarian.png

Many hundreds of years ago, there was Prince of Elves, a powerful sorcerer, his name lost in the mists of time but known by many as The Valdarian. His story has long since slipped into myth, a cautionary tale told to Elflings to warn them about the dangers of misusing magic. However, it is not a myth, The Valdarian is real, and he has waited for centuries. Banished from Castaryl and EtherWorld proper by an ancient King for practicing the darkest magics known to Elven kind, held within the Black Scrolls in the Elder Vault, a section forbidden to all except by consent from the three Lords of the three races. The Valdarian only escaped a harsher punishment by fleeing his prison, knowing that whilst the King lived, his death was assured by an enchantment should he ever return. So The Valdarian ventured to the East, beyond the very boarders of EtherWorld, into the wilder lands, amongst the Gremlins and the dragons. Whilst he was travelling, he discovered something. His magic awakened a dark and ancient power, a power which latched its self onto The Valdarian and gave him powerful magic that he could not have imagined or discovered, even looking in the Black Scrolls. The power extended The Valdarian’s life and he served it, sustaining it with his blood and gathering together the forces of darkness, for a war against all that is good and pure in EtherWorld.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Very nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.