JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys.

@Madjack
    : Steal away.

Thadeus-Hatchett.png

Thadeus Hatchett always had the worst luck. As a baby he contracted Meningitis and lost both his legs. As a child he was mocked for both his lack of legs and his unusual name. Then in his twenties he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, which he thought he had beaten after 5 years of fighting. However, he later found out it had not been beaten and was now worse than ever. On the 12th of December 2012, Thadeus Hatchett tried to take his own life. He shot himself in the head and the next day he woke up. As he lay dying, a fragment of The Other entered his body and took up residence in the hole the bullet left in his brain. Thadeus saw this as a new start and soon discovered his new ‘friend’ was much more interesting than he first thought. His intelligence boosted by at least 100 I.Q points, he also gained the ability to control the minds of other people using a third eye that opened in his forehead, as well as altering their perceptions. However, the one thing the Other couldn’t do was cure Thadeus’ cancer, so when he found out that there were other fragments of the Other, he and his “nurse” (a victim of his mind control) set out to find the other hosts and remove their fragments, by any means necessary.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Father-Pryor.png

Father Pryor has seen the best and the worst of humanity in his many different jobs preaching the word of the lord. He spent time in Rwanda and Ethiopia during the ’80’s, he did community work in New Orleans and ran a rescue mission for those affected by 9/11. His faith never wavered, until his daughter was raped and murdered by a maniac serial killer. Being a kind and compassionate man, he visited the man in the asylum, but what he heard shook his very beliefs to the core. He was bombarded by retellings of the horrors this man had committed, hearing every gruesome detail, including that of his daughter’s death. On the way home, he began to question god and how such evils could exist on a world created by a kind and benevolent creator. And then he saw the light. As the clock flipped over to midnight on the 12th of December 2012, Father Pryor saw god as a great blue light. The light entered him, showed him a vision of three other people, all of whom knew the light, and he felt at peace. Endowed with the ability to see the past and future of any person, item or place, he set out to heal the world and to find the others who knew his saviour.

Nug
    Participant

Wow! Sounds like a future movie! Good work, JR!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Oh wow, such cool characters. I really love Olivia. She looks great.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys.
    @Nug- I do create the characters and write the bios with either the comic, TV show, animation or movie in mind. Wink

Nug
    Participant

I shoot for the comic feel myself. Not as of late, but generally I try to pull of pieces that look like they were ripped from a comic… just a comic with no story. ;) I bow down to your story… creating skills.

Lightningsword
    Participant

JR, don’t forget that you must alwys write Lord and God with capital letters.

Torog
    Participant

JR I’m loving the past couple of weeks posts. Your designs have such a simple yet elegant look to them.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

MORE!!! I WANT MORE!!! (feed my addiction)

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Nug & @Torog- Thanks
    @LightningSword- I was very tired when I was writing that, so a few missed capitals are no surprise, but really it doesn’t matter that much if I forget to capitalise it. And as for the “must always”……. I don’t think I really need to continue with that, but part of me reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally wants to say something here.
    @AoL- Slightly worrying. But who am I to argue, so here you go…

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2013/07/Marston-Reed-1.png

A transient, agoraphobic, kleptomaniac and compulsive hoarder, Marston Reed would spend most of his days holed up in his safe place inside an old abandoned house, venturing outside only to steal things to add to his hoard. But even then he would stick to the shadows or enclosed spaces as much as he could, in case of people noticing him. This is how his life was, until on the 11th of December 2012, he was noticed stealing a toy from a babies pram. Scared, he ran, chased by the child’s mother. In his panic, he ran into a sign and knocked himself out. He awoke a day later in a place that wasn’t his safe place, he panicked. Then, he was in his safe place, as if he had been transported there by something. Intrigued, he wondered if he could go somewhere else and, sure enough he reappeared in a near by subway station. This new power made his stealing much easier and, as time went on, his thefts became bolder and bolder, with less and less time between each snatching. That is, until he met himself coming the other way…..

Maaz
    Participant

Pretty nice idea about Reed! I think it’s really cool how most of these characters are pretty realistic, with realistic stories, till the second they get strange new powers. Awesome stories!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks Maaz.

Victor-Daniels.png

Born into a well off family on the 12th of December 1988, with various connections in society around his South Californian home thanks to his fathers line of work, Victor Daniels grew up with a slightly unrealistic view of life. A very good athlete, he was one of the “in crowd” at high school. Of course, he made life hell for numerous other people he felt were beneath him, never mind who they were or what they had done. He gained a scholarship through his fathers connections and he cheated in his exams. However, in college his life fell apart. He was failing to keep up and when it was discovered that he had plagiarised another students work for his exams he was kicked out. When he got home, his parents cut off most of his allowance, saying he had disappointed them and he needed to learn to stand on his own two feet, rather than rely on others to sort out his problems for him. Struggling to find a job, he became bitter and angry at the unfairness of the world. He started to drink heavily and get into fights. On his 24th birthday, he was worse than usual and picked a fight with a gang of street thugs. He was beaten to death and an hour later he got up and walked away. Now seemingly immortal, or indeed in need of any sort of sustenance to keep him alive, he wandered around the country, picking fights and stealing money, until he ran into a vagrant in Vegas who spoke of a similar thing happening to him. Realising what this meant, he sought out more information on what happened, unwittingly letting the vagrant escape. Now knowing what he needed to make his life easy again, he began searching for the others, and for their power…

Anarchangel
    Participant

I love the way you’ve depicted Marston Reed.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks AnA.

Anyway, we’re on the home stretch with this lot now. Just a few more things to go, so I thought I’d do something a bit different this time out.

“No, my son don’t do this,” Father Pryor shouted as he placed himself between Victor and Olivia. “I have seen the road this leads down, it is madness to continue.”
    “Get out of my way you old fool,” Victor snapped as he shoved Father Pryor away. “I’m here for the girl, she has the final piece of the power I need and I don’t need some old deluded monk getting in my way. Now move before I kill you.”
    “I’m afraid I can’t do my son,” Father Pryor said passively. Olivia noticed the blue glow building in his eyes. “You have corrupted the God-given power within you and now you seek to steal this girls as well, so I will use all of my power to stop you.”
    Victors eyes lit upas realisation dawned on him.
    “So you are the last one, the one I could never find. I thought that the girl just had more power than the others, I never thought that two could travel together without one taking the power of the other.”
    “That is because you do not know love,” Father Pryor intoned in a voice that seemed to make the walls tremble. “You care only for yourself. Now turn away from this path of evil and insanity before it is too la….”
    The final word died on Father Pryor’s lips. The glow faded from his eyes as he slumped to the floor, a hole in his stomach where Victors hand had hit home. The blue light was leaving Pryor’s body and flowing into Victor as he turned to look at Olivia, whimpering on the floor by the table.
    “Old fool,” He said with a smirk. “Now for you.”
    Olivia scrambled to get away. Without her crutches, she could only crawl and she could hear Victor’s footsteps getting closer.
    “Don’t make this harder for yourself than it already is.” He gloated from behind her. “Give up your power to me and maybe I will spare your life.”
    Olivia reached the door. She tried to drag her self up, but she couldn’t reach the handle and there was nothing nearby to help her. She cursed under her breath at Victor for taking her crutches.
    “Nowhere to run. Or should I say crawl.” Victor smirked, standing over her.
    Olivia grimaced as she concentrated, bringing forth her friends and launching them at Victor. However, he just brushed aside the apparitions as if they were smoke.
    “Did you really think your little pets could hurt me?” He said, bending down over Olivia and grabbing her by the hair. “I am practically a god now you dumb @$^%>, but all I need is that little bit of power inside you and this will all be over. Now be a good girl and give it to me.”
    Victor recoiled as Olivia spat in his face. Raising his hand, he whipped the saliva away before knocking Olivia backwards into the door with a back hand blow.
    “Fine, if that’s the way you want it.” He snarled, launching his hand into Olivia’s abdomen.
    She let out a mighty scream, but it was no good, she could feel the power leaving her, entering him.
    “Yes, yes, more, more power.”
    Victor’s voice sounded ragged, deranged. The whole room was filling up with a blinding blue light. Olivia felt the hand leave her and with the last of her strength she opened her eyes. Victor was gone. In his place, stood a man of blinding blue light, with no features, just two blank staring white eyes. The energy he eminated didn’t seem to be contained by his body, instead it seeped out of him, forming an aura around his form.
    “Now this is more like it.” Victor said, his voice echoing around Olivia’s head like it had been shouted inside a cavern. “Now this is power.”

The-Other.png

Anarchangel
    Participant

Ooooh. It looks spooky. Cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.