JR19759’s Redesign Contest

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges JR19759’s Redesign Contest

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 215 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

@livewyre1014 said:

maybe we should just take all the best designs from everyone to make and outstanding group shot…just a thought

I like that idea. I’ll do that after I’ve announced the winner on Monday and I’ll post it up on this thread. I think we’ve now got a design for everyone, so it will be doable.
    However I’d need to get the text files or non-background pictures from djuby if I included his designs.

Next from me is Aquarian

Aquarian
    JR-Aquarian.png

Blue Blazer
    Participant

The Bolt – slightly more modern stylethe-bolt.PNG

Dark Moon

Here is my take on Miss Liberty:)

undo.jpg

Dark Moon

I can take away the background if you dont want it.

Next up

The American

JR-The-American.png

Blue Blazer
    Participant

The American – I thought silver worked a little better than gold on him; also, didn’t want too many of the team members to have capes, so I left his off.the-american.PNG

Blue Blazer
    Participant

The Aquarian – thought he could use an Atlantean warrior motif and slightly more aquatic facial features.aquarian.PNG

livewyre1014
    Participant

Alright, I felt like I had no real ideas for the other three designs, but I wanted to post this group shot of the ones I did redesign. Hope you enjoy!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/livewyre/group.jpg

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok people, you have 24 hours remaining. Any remaining entries, please enter them by this time tomorrow.

Not going to get them all done. But I’m gonna try my best to finish as many as possible. Here’s The Bolt.

The Bolt
    JR-The-Bolt.png

My last one.

Gold Cross
    JR-Gold-Cross.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok guys, your time is up. Here are your winners.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/317/c/d/golden_age_redesigns__others_versions__by_jr19759-d5kuwwm.png

From left to right
    Dr Dome by Blue Blazer
    Gold Cross by djuby
    Flying Ace by Blue Blazer
    The Bolt by headlessgeneral
    The American by livewyre1014
    Miss Liberty by djuby
    Aquaran by headlessgeneral
    The Evil Intelligence by headlessgeneral

I had such a hard time deciding on these, I had about 20 designs that could have won. It was a last minute thing on which Dr Dome design would make the group shot. Also the decision on the Aquaran winner was especially hard, as each of the entries was brilliant and brought a great new edge to the character.

But we can have only one overall winner, and here I have a real problem. With so many great designs, it is a really hard decision. But our winner is djuby.

I will announce the next contest later today, so get any congratulations out of the way in between.

djuby
    Participant

Thanks for the nod. Great characters to work on, and excellent work done by all.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok people, you mission, should you choose to accept it, for this week is to redesign these guys.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/244/6/2/the__new__outsiders_by_jr19759-d5d5mci.png
    http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/259/b/4/the_stranger_by_jr19759-d5evolh.png

The Outsiders, a mercenary team who deal with superhuman cases for a high price.

Cat-Girl: A mutant with cat-like looks and abilities. She is very haughty and self-reliant, but she does have a tender side, providing she gets something in return.
    Shock Stevens: A customer of the Heromaker, who bestowed him with the ability to control magnetism and electrical currents. Very down to earth and streetwise, he is often the one to gather information for the Outsiders, using his network of contacts.
    Firebolt: A cyborg energy blaster with a short fuse and a bad attitude. She prefers to get the job done as quickly as possible without having to waste time asking questions.
    Snake: An inventor who implanted bio-mechanical control chips into his own brain allowing him to technopathically control his custom made whips.
    Scarlet: A master spy and stealthy assassin, she relies on her deception skills to capture her quarry, and she is often the first wave for the team on big cases, taking out guards and disabling security.
    Hiroshi: A Japanese immigrant on the run from his fathers criminal organisation. He is proficient in most forms of martial arts and, like Scarlet, relies on stealth and cunning in combat.
    Archer: An olympic level markswoman, capable with most forms of projectile. She makes her own arrows, with a wide variety of effects, from explosive tips to anaesthetic.
    The Stranger: The leader of The Outsiders, able to resurrect himself after being killed. However, his body usually carries on decomposing for a few days after resurrection before returning to normal, so he hides himself under a mask and long coat.

Hopefully you will find something to inspire you amongst these designs. I’m looking forward to seeing what people come up with, especially after last weeks contest.
    You have until next Monday (U.K. time). Good Luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.