Hawk's Nest

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Hawk's Nest

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 190 total)
  • Author

hawk007
    Participant

Your’s is good. You’re style just isn’t as flashy. Thanks, though!

hawk007
    Participant

This costume/pose was originally created for a batman remake. But, because of the copyright rules, I can’t post it here. But you can still see the batman remake on my Deviantart page (cbhawk007).

Anyway, here’s Night Stinger.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Night-Stinger.png

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

woho! Great night/dark-themed hero/character!

And btw… Not sure why, but i for a second looked at his belt, and i was thinking there is a “LOL” writed on it. Laughter moment later (it made my last 25 minutes of this day! [23:35 over here])

+1 for you, simply great piece of HM-art!

Vengeance
    Participant

loving Night Stinger very cool design

Vampyrist
    Participant

He is astounding! I love his face, it has a shape I haven’t really seen before. Fantastic work!

hawk007
    Participant

Thanks!

@Vampyrist
    Yeah, I just kinda mixed a bunch of different helmets together.

Herr D
    Participant

Hadn’t really been through this one, somehow. Nice works. I’d like to see you make a picture of one or two characters moving between shadow and light.

hawk007
    Participant

Thanks! What exactly do you mean, though, with the shadow and light?

Herr D
    Participant

I’ve seen you do great pictures of char’s mostly in shadow and a few in light. Maybe a building in the background with a bright light source behind it is the backdrop for someone dragging someone else from light to dark or vice versa?

EX. 1: Unknown thing with one smoking claw pulling someone around the corner?

Ex. 2: Man pulling hurt man into sunlight toward ambulance in background?

BTW, what are you in school for?

hawk007
    Participant

Ok, I get it now. Thanks, I’ll try that.

I’m actually still in highschool, so I’m in my second to last year before I go to college (or university, depending on where you live). But I am going to a career center, for graphic design if that’s at all surprising.

Delirious AL
    Participant

Tiberius

Wow! Great works here, Hawk! Your designs are just amazing. One thing that stands out to me above everything else (as small as it may seem), is the way you made the fire in ‘Destroyers’ hand. It looks flawless and realistic to me.

I made a character (I’ll be posting soon) who is made of a mix of energy and fire and I feel the look of the flames that I made has lots of room for improvement.

Again, great works of art here!

hawk007
    Participant

Thanks! The fire actually isn’t that hard. The key is to just use color and shading it make it darker on the outside and lighter on the inside. For instance, with that fire, and did the outside color red, the inside color orange, and put a yellow gradient (for shading) over it. Also, don’t forget to make the actual color piece semi-transparent and glowing.

Tiberius

Thanks! The fire actually isn’t that hard. The key is to just use color and shading it make it darker on the outside and lighter on the inside. For instance, with that fire, and did the outside color red, the inside color orange, and put a yellow gradient (for shading) over it. Also, don’t forget to make the actual color piece semi-transparent and glowing.

Excellent information on making fire look good, thank you for that! I’m looking forward to seeing more characters/art from you.

hawk007
    Participant

No problem! Speaking of fire, here’s Burning Veins, a piece I did for the Elemental character design challenge.

(P.S. Sorry there’s two files. I forgot to name it correctly.)

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Burning-Veins.png

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.