DJuby Gallery – Volume 2

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery DJuby Gallery – Volume 2

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 898 total)
  • Author

TheSoupster
    Participant

Loving the subtlety in the name, there… :P but nah, very cool, a sun and moon theme, right?

ams
    Participant

Hey djuby,

I remember you made an offer to color one of my characters and would like to take you up on it.

Here is RIP. I thinkin’ down the lines of a present day descendant of the original Jack the ripper, leather, surgical gloves and any patterns you want to use. No restrictions on anything, even if you get creative and want to add/subtract items. Have fun!

RIP-no-color.PNG

Download RIP-no-color.txt

djuby
    Participant

When the contests were briefly cancelled on the blog, I felt as though the heart of HM had been ripped away. Then when they started showing up in these forums I entered them like a madman. After looking through my most recent posts and those pieces currently under construction, I realized that most of this work had one purpose – to compete with other users, or more precisely. to beat them. So as of today, I am taking the joy back. There is currently one forum contest that truly interests me, and I will compete in the blog contests if I think I have something unique to say, but either way this thread is now all about creativity. If a contest was held today to submit your best work, mine would be the t-rex. It took four days on and off and it wasn’t for a contest. There is not one piece done for a contest that even begins to approach the level of satisfation or pride I felt when the t-rex was complete. Actually robot fish comes close. So you will see my name a lot less often, but I will still stick my oar in from time to time. The Pop Quizzes will also take on a new life, challenging your creativity with topics from the sublime to the ridiculous. Quiz is just another word for test afterall, so prepare to be tested.

TheSoupster
    Participant

@djuby said:

So as of today, I am taking the joy back… this thread is now all about creativity.

^Like. So many things I’ve tried on the Internet, from RPG Maker XP through Minecraft, have been spoilt because I’ve turned them into something like obsessions, rather than what they are, which is avenues for creativity. I lost the thing that grabbed my attention in the first place, the, as you said, joy of creating something unique and brilliant.

Obviously it’s a shame you won’t be posting as much, as even in my short time here I’ve seen how good your work is, but I completely get it. Reclaim the joy of creating stuff! Nice one mate. :D

Scatman

I know it.

djuby
    Participant

dblade character design challenge entry

msmanga.jpg

djuby
    Participant

blue blazer redesign
    neon-1.png

Moognation
    Participant

He’s soooooooooo bright! Great job!

Hammerknight
    Participant

Bar tender by day , Neon sign by night. lol Cool character.

djuby
    Participant

Taking a long overdue extended break from HM. Going to try to rediscover what “drew” me to it in the first place. See you sometime in 2013 I imagine.

Scatman

hey!!Flatleaver!!!Just kidding’you do what you need to do.But one thing is for sure ,you area talent that will be missed no matter if it is days weeks,and I hope not anymore than that!CryListen..
    ‘DO YOU”!We all will be awaiting your return.Much love snd respect David.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Hope this isn’t the last we hear from you. Your illustrations are amazing!

Good luck in your artistic sojourn, I hope you find what you’re looking for http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

ams
    Participant

Merry X-mas and Happy New Year! Loved your stuff and hope to see more of your creations in the future. All the best!

Cheers!

Bad-People
    Participant

Post 184: That’s a Huge Bi… Uh, she’s quite large.

Moognation
    Participant

Don’t stay gone too long, Djuby! Peace!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 898 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.