DJuby Gallery – Volume 2

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery DJuby Gallery – Volume 2

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 898 total)
  • Author

Scatman

Gigantica is amazing!!!Love is not the word for this one.Anyway good to know some new item entries are in the right hands!good job!

ams
    Participant

Gigantica is awesome!

djuby
    Participant

Thanks folks!

djuby
    Participant

When I joined this forum, it was to take part in the weekly design challenges and pop quizzes. Now those are gone apparently. Sucks!

Scatman

and here I thought you joined just to shove our creative noses in the dirt!SurprisedWinkwe are here for each other!don’t forget how you inspire people and their creations!That’s really important,anyway I’m sure the challenges will be back soon.Sqeaky wheels get the grease!

Legatus
    Participant

Dear Djuby,

you have gone far beyond the challenges and pop quizzes. You are one of the most brilliant minds ever to use HM3 and such a great inspiration. Thank you for that!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

I think one of the difficult transitions will be the lack of a one-stop shop for the Character Design Challenges. On the blog, you just click on the link. In the Forums, everyone is running his or her own CC. Granted, some really amazing and powerful stuff.

Don’t let the blog changes crush your enthusiasm, people! I’m more than happy to send character ideas and re-design requests your way.

djuby
    Participant

@Legatus said:

Dear Djuby,

you have gone far beyond the challenges and pop quizzes. You are one of the most brilliant minds ever to use HM3 and such a great inspiration. Thank you for that!

That’s very kind, but being the competetive jerk that I am, the challenges and quizzes were the main source of inspiration for me. There are a few contests running in the forums – dblades in particular – that are pretty cool, but some of the redesign contests are so restrictive they might as well be called “redraw” contests. Don’t get me wrong, a lot of them are great, but give me a name and a superpower or skill and cut me loose. I don’t even want to know the gender of the original version. I guess time will tell if there is enough content within these pages to keep me inspired now that the main source has been eliminated.

djuby
    Participant

@Scatman said:

and here I thought you joined just to shove our creative noses in the dirt!http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gifhttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifwe are here for each other!don’t forget how you inspire people and their creations!That’s really important,anyway I’m sure the challenges will be back soon.Sqeaky wheels get the grease!

If I was the cause of a few dirty noses, then good for me. I know there are some new folks who have recently joined – Weilyn in particular – that I stand in awe of. The word inspiration is funny, and I think I have used it incorrectly on these forum pages. When I first joined, I was legless when I saw the work of folks like ams, headlessgeneral, dblade and yourself to name just a few. But it has occured to me that I was not so much inspired as challenged. I wasn’t inspired to be as proficient as this person in highlight and shadow, or as that person in detail and masking, I was in fact challenged to develop a style that was me; so that when you looked at a piece of work there was no doubt that it was mine. I hope you are right and that the challenges will return, or the pop quizzes at least. What I find fascinating about them is that when you do not have a week to mull over an idea, instinct takes over, and you get a small glimpse of the individual creator’s brain and how they think, react and attack a challenge when a clock is ticking. Great stuff, and I would argue the greatest stuff recently, has come from the pop quizzes. Golem Factory? Brilliant!

Scatman

I am in much agreement!The challenges give me a view of MY own creativity,and helps me find that place where things come from in my brain.A self examining if you will.Those challenges are what gave so many of us a reason to create!!!Not that we need one ,but I really feel it gives someone in a creative slump such as myself an idea.I will really be upset if they don’t come back and I feel about 90% of the machinists feel the same.Anyway Golem Factory…eneogh said.

djuby
    Participant

djubyredesign-blueblazerskillerbee-1.JPG

Weilyn

Yours was one of the first threads I visited when I came across this forum, having only played around with Heromachine for a few hours, and your T-rex completely blew me away, and made me realize just how much potential the program really holds.
    You are most definitely one of my favourite artists here, and I get thrilled whenever I see you’ve updated your thread.

Also, I love those wings.

djuby
    Participant

Thanks very much. If I had wings I would want them to look just like his.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@djuby said:

Thanks very much. If I had wings I would want them to look just like his.

Can you imagine Faith Hill singing: “If my heart had wings… they would have glowing skulls swooping in to kill you.” Don’t think she would win a Grammy for that.

Seriously, great design. I like the blended shading rather than have stark “bee lines.”

djuby
    Participant

Robot Duo – DCup and Sir

djuby-dcupandsir.JPG

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 898 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.