Creations by Howlingatthemoon

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Creations by Howlingatthemoon

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Rick Blair
    Participant

This is Captain Solar. He travels the space-ways thwarting evil and injustice as he goes. He is known all across the universe and beyond as a mighty hero for all species and races. He has super strength, energy beams and bolts he can fire from his eyes and hands, and he has the power of telekinesis.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Rick Blair
    Participant

This is Tighera from the world of Thundera. He is a fierce warrior who has the ability to channel his ancestors’ strength and wisdom and add it to his own. Few can best him in hand to hand combat.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Love Mako’s background.

Rick Blair
    Participant

My version of Imperial Eagle for this week’s contest.

Attachments:

Rick Blair
    Participant

White Witch of the North

Attachments:

Michael Chiarcos
    Participant

Rick,

You are definitely more artistic than I am but I don’t think you have fully realized all the tools available to you in HM3. I think you should begin really experimenting with layers and notice the difference it can make. When I have a concept in mind I always begin with a nude and put in as much detail as possible. It doesn’t matter that it will be covered up by a shirt, an insignia, a tattoo, or an aura. Details that I never imagined would show through, peek through the final image adding realism I missed.

If you look at my Amazon Princess, get a close look at her face. I chose one of the generic faces because of the expression it had fit my view. I then took a closer look and decided I didn’t want the face to have all one colour. I wanted a different colour for the eyes and the lips and the eyebrows didn’t match the hair, etc…

So I carefully layered the eyes I wanted over the existing ones. Now I could change the colour. I did the same with the lips and the eyebrows. It’s a small enough change, but it makes a big difference. The tattoo on her lower belly is mostly hidden by her loincloth but what does show adds dimension to her appearance.

A few Old Ideas, a Few New Ideas

Necros IX is another example. His face is probably about 9 layers with bits and pieces that didn’t really belong on his face maneuvered in to make him look horrific even though he is an Anti-Hero, not a true villain.

Behemouth is nothing but layers on layers on layers, look how he turned out

Just some ideas to think about.

Malachi

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.