CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

• This topic has 659 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by ams.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 660 total)
  • Author

Lightningsword
    Participant

Well done! I love the pose!

Fantastic gallery here. You makes me want to retire from HM lol.

CantDraw
    Participant

Man, work is robbing me of my HM’ing time. With Sumina-verse coming to a close soon, I think, I’ll start a new line of heroes/villains. Here’s the backstory:

During WWII, history originally recorded that during a final battle between Allied superheroes and Axis supervilliains, the Allies won and turned the tide of the war. Their victory delayed the Nazis development of the nuclear bomb and guaranteed the Allies ultimate victory. However, a mysterious event took place in which all the fighters disappeared, thus, changing history forever. As a result, the outcomes of several key battles changed and resulted in a stalemate between the U.S and Germany. Both developed the nuclear bomb about the same time, so while the U.S bombed Japan, Germany bombed western Russian and central England. Fast forward to our time and the world is a much different place, such as the United States of North America (the old U.S. and Canada) and the German Republic (mainland Europe). And now some of those heroes and villains have returned to this time…

My thought is to create them in both their original costume and their alternative 2013 version.

CantDraw
    Participant

Finally, I’m getting to post something. Woohoo! Well here we go:

CantDraw-LadyYankee-1.png

BIO:
    Lady Yankee was the beautiful and flirty super-strong, super-invulnerable leader of the U.S. contingent of superheroes. She adopted a new look and name after appearing in our time. Now she goes by . . . The Standard.

CantDraw-TheStandard-1.png

On the modern version, I tried out a new coloring technique with her clothing that turned out pretty cool. I’ll definitely be trying it again and hopefully with some other colors.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Both Lady Yankee and The Standard are really good. Though, I have to say Lady Yankee’s outfit might have been considered improper in the World War II era. Her transition to The Standard is flawless. The hair style, the outfit, and the name change demonstrate that she’s sensible and is open to her new surroundings.

The placement of her hand shows her bolstered confidence. Lady Yankee flirts. Which suggests she was team leader in nomine. The Standard’s salute is a sign of mutual respect and commands “eyes up here.”

CantDraw
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m not gone, just haven’t had anytime to HM. Work is crazy busy, but I’ll get back to it whenever things slow down.

CantDraw
    Participant

I made a little time to make one for my double-take universe:

CantDraw-Femora.png

BIO:
    Femora is a refugee from the future and knows a little more about what is going on than anyone else about the chronal jump. She is equipped with a ray gun and an anti-gravity suit. Also, she knows future martial art techniques.

I plan on making a retro version, as well, but haven’t had the time. Also, I decided that even though the characters are from the 40’s, their retro costumes could be from another era. The reasons will remain secret for now.

Moognation
    Participant

Excellent! Really dig her look!

CantDraw
    Participant

I just realized, she kind of looks like Daphne from Scooby-Doo. Ruh-row, Shaggy!

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Femora is cool, love her outfit.

CantDraw
    Participant

Here’s the retro version of Femora:

CantDraw-Femora-Retro.png

Femora arrived from the future to investigate a disturbance that was affecting her time period. Before the chronal jump, she fought alongside the heroes knowing it was the only way she could find out more. When she time-jumped, her outfit changed, indicating that the future had, as well. Although, a person out-of-time, she continues her mission to find the cause of the space-time distruption.

I had a lot of options for the retro look, but in the end I went with the classic, silver body suit. I acheived the silvery look by masking white gradient on top of parts colored black.

JR19759
    Keymaster

I’m loving your current retro vibe, you’re coming up with some pretty awesome stuff.

Trekkie
    Participant

Love the retro look! The gradients work really well. And those rayguns look brilliant.

ams
    Participant

Love that pose. Can you post the text?

CantDraw
    Participant

How do you that? I’m not real html savvy.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 660 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.