CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 660 total)
  • Author

Harlekin

For that effect to made liquid metal need to transparence the black and white.

Nice pictures. Nice improvement.

CantDraw
    Participant

Thanks Harlekin, I’ll have to experiment with your idea. I’m also thinking of transporting Metal Streak to Sumina-verse via time travel with an interesting story twist.

CantDraw
    Participant

I experimented with Harlekin’s suggestion and I think I like the results. Here is the redesigned Metal Streak both masked and unmasked (I prefer unmasked).

MetalStreak-new-masked.pngMetalStreak-new-unmasked.pngMetalStreak-new-face.png

I think this looks a little more like liquid metal and less like vinyl. Also, I included the effect of the mask coming off which I think worked out well. Oh, the liquid metal is actually nanites Dr. Silver invented that can do almost anything she programs them to do, and she figured out how to make the suit fly by using antigravity (don’t ask me to explain, I’m an artist not an scientist Wink).

On a side note, her suit looks very similar to a recent character. Hmm…I wonder why that could be…Confused

CantDraw
    Participant

Pop Quiz Open Source Atomic Character:

CantDraw-CaptainAtom.png

I didn’t have a lot of time, but I tried to use it wisely.

CantDraw
    Participant

Okay I saw this picture posted a while back:
    diii-barbarian2.jpg

And here’s my interpretation of it:
    Barbarian.png

I haven’t felt real inspired on the contests lately but I couldn’t pass up this picture. Hope you enjoy.

Moognation
    Participant

Your shading/lighting is SICK!!! I’m completely humbled here…

CantDraw
    Participant

Thank you! Here’s my entry for the Emotional Contest (Emoti-Con?):

CantDraw-One.png

BIO:

One is a thief that has the power of being unnoticed. His power works best in crowds. Obviously, he represents loneliness.

I thought for a character such as this, minimalism was the preferred route.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

Minimalism is a great approach. Nice design

Yeah, I’d say the minimalism works. Great character.

CantDraw
    Participant

I think I caught the suit bug from Vampyrist. Here’s my 2nd entry for the Emotional Contest:

CantDraw-MoneyMan.png

BIO:
    Money Man is an expert thief, gambler, and forger. He also has above average hand-to-hand fighting skills, but prefers for others to do the physical work. When Money Man has to fight, he uses razor-sharp throwing cards disguised as money. He represents Greed.

Trekkie
    Participant

Cool design, and great shading!

CantDraw
    Participant

This is for the Hat Trick Pop Quiz. I didn’t have time to zyp but I plan on getting to it. Although, I like the way it looks without the fancy stuff.

CantDraw-RedBat.png

BIO:
    Red Bat prowls the night, waiting to strike fear into the criminal heart. She is an expert martial artist with a black belt in several disciplines and deploys various gadgets to aid in her campaign to wipe crime from the city (sound familar?).

Trekkie
    Participant

That pose works really well and I like how simply but effectively the items have been integrated.

Torog
    Participant

Agreed it looks great so far. Zypping will be the icing on the proverbial cake.

CantDraw
    Participant

Here’s the finished Red Bat:

CantDraw-RedBat-finished.png

I hope it came out good. I did this on my laptop instead of my usual computer, so my screen quality is not as good. Worse case, if it doesn’t look right, I’ll fix it Monday. Admittedly, I didn’t zyp as much as I usually do, but I thought the basic design worked well without too much extra shading.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 660 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.