CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 660 total)
  • Author

CantDraw
    Participant

Okay, I thought I’d throw my hat in the ring and create my own universe. Welcome to the Sumina, a world of magic and war. Good vs. evil is nothing new to the Suminans, but technology has arrived. Highly-advanced soldiers from an alternate dimension have invaded the planet and new lines are being drawn. The hero, Nimu, is a barbarian of surpassing strength, and, of course, a magic sword and shield.

Hero-Nimu.png

prswirve
    Participant

Wow that last picture looks new. I like your technique, so unique. Also, i love the redesign of mr. fancy pants! Cheers!

Trekkie
    Participant

Wow- That shading is amazing!

JR19759
    Keymaster

It looks like you did that with charcoals, I’ve never seen an effect like it on HM

prswirve
    Participant

Yeah i agree charcoal it is..

djuby
    Participant

Gorgeous!

CantDraw
    Participant

Thank you!. The “charcoal” effect is basically double and triple zypping in full black.

CantDraw
    Participant

Here’s my first entry for the Greek Gods contest:

CantDraw-Aeolus-Whirlwind.png

BIO:
    Strom Head was a thief by trade who specialized in finding rare and exotic items. Upon hearing the tomb of Odysseus had been discovered, he traveled quickly and quietly to Greece. After breaking into the tomb, he successfully nicked several items, including the mythical bag of Aeolus, the god of winds. When Strom opened the satchel, he released the magical winds and was transformed into a wind elemental. Now seeing the error of his ways, he goes by the heroic name of Whirlwind.

Anarchangel
    Participant

That is wonderful! I kind of don’t want to enter the contest now because there’s no way any of my characters could beat that.

prswirve
    Participant

Wow! Doesn’t look like it’s made by HM3 anymore. Superb utilization of items.

CantDraw
    Participant

Archangel – please don’t let me stop you. I love your creations! Besides, you never know what people are going to like or what will catch someone’s eye.

prswirve – The cool thing is I only used two items (three, if you count the eyes) to make this charcter: Background-Shapes-Moon and Background-Shapes-Zyp Circle (I don’t what else to call it).

As to his shape, I have to credit Harlequin for the idea of using body parts as a guide (the manga eyes tutorial is really helpful). I used chest, arm, and leg parts to guide where I put the moon shapes. I started with circles instead of moons but is wasn’t curvy enough and the insigina moon has that line down the middle, hence, the background moon.

ams
    Participant

Stormhead is an awesome, original pic! Very creative. Love it!

JR19759
    Keymaster

That. Is. Excellent.
    Such a simple yet perfectly executed idea. Loving the ‘pose’ as well.

Scatman

Wow!BEAUTIFUL STUFF!Fancy pants is so well colored and designed and Nimu is just wonderfuly posed.As for Stormhead ..very original!Great work man!

Weilyn

I’ll chime in with the others. Stormhead looks great!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 660 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.