Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Anarchangel said:
    I’m looking forward to it. I love a good insect character.

I’m afraid I’ll have to postpone the publishing of my new heroes until tomorrow since I have still a lot of writing to do. And because we’re 8 hours ahead to the states it’s now time for me to get on my couch… Laugh

@Anarchangel said:

@JR19759 said:
    BTW, take a look at your reply to madjack. There’s a word that you’ve mis-spelled that gives the sentence a completely different (and completely wrong) meaning.

HA HA HA!!! XD
    That was hilarious! (and rather creepy)
    Thanks for catching that.

Oh no, come on – that’s unfair – you’ve already corrected it. I’d love to know what you had written. Maybe food instead of good?! Argh, now I’ll never know … Yell

;)

Anarchangel
    Participant

@Mad Jack said:

@Anarchangel said:
    I’m looking forward to it. I love a good insect character.

I’m afraid I’ll have to postpone the publishing of my new heroes until tomorrow since I have still a lot of writing to do. And because we’re 8 hours ahead to the states it’s now time for me to get on my couch… http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

@Anarchangel said:

@JR19759 said:
    BTW, take a look at your reply to madjack. There’s a word that you’ve mis-spelled that gives the sentence a completely different (and completely wrong) meaning.

HA HA HA!!! XD
    That was hilarious! (and rather creepy)
    Thanks for catching that.

Oh no, come on – that’s unfair – you’ve already corrected it. I’d love to know what you had written. Maybe food instead of good?! Argh, now I’ll never know … http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Basically I typed the s and c in insect the wrong way round. Just my brain trying to type too fast for my clumsy fingers :)

Mad Jack
    Participant

LOL! Laugh

Well, now I can at least sleep peacefully. N8! Wink

Anarchangel
    Participant

A friend commented that the new Seraph looks like Michelle Trachtenberg. Anyone else see this? I guess I can kind of see it. Hmmm.

Nobody

Great stuff the continuing of the Entropy Saga is great. The story is very interesting.

Vectorman316
    Participant

Your character designs are awesome! I absolutely love Black Betty!

Anarchangel
    Participant

@Nobody said:

Great stuff the continuing of the Entropy Saga is great. The story is very interesting.

Thanks. Glad you like it. I actually considered writing the full thing out in actual story format like you would read in a book with character perspectives and stuff but that would have taken forever.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@Vectorman316 said:

Your character designs are awesome! I absolutely love Black Betty!

Thanks. Black Betty seems quite popular. I must remember to try the minimalist thing again. :)

RobM
    Participant

Anarchangel,

I replied to your post on my Sentinels gallery with a cover idea sketch for Dragonfly; then it occurred to me that you might not see it. Here’s a repeat. The pdf has the text.
    DragonflyCoverSketch-1.png
    Download DragonflyCoverSketch.pdf

Anarchangel
    Participant

Despite his increasing years and expanding waistline, Ray Becket is one of the best detectives around. His sloppy appearance and frankly awful personality belie Becket’s complete dedication to justice. He is brash and surly and altogether unpleasant to be around but those who know him will all agree, Ray Becket is the one detective you always want on a case. Because he always gets the job done.

Becket is the former partner of Lincoln Harley, better known to the world at large as the hero Ricochet. Harley was the one man who could tolerate Becket for long periods of time and the two even became close friends. Becket even discovered his partner’s secret identity. He never directly said anything about it though and simply allowed Harley to go about his business, even covering for him when he could.

Likewise, Harley discovered that Becket is a meta-human himself. Although he never felt the need to go running around in a skin tight suit. Becket, while by no means invulnerable, actually grew stronger with every bit of damage he took. This ability came in handy more than a few times when Becket found himself backing up his partner in his other job as Ricochet when the hero encountered super powered villains. Becket invariably found himself brought into the fight. Ricochet even unofficially declared Becket “Payback” after deciding that he should have his own hero name. Becket only sneered at the idea.

When Harley quit the police force, disenfranchised by the way things were being handles within the FCPD, Becket stayed on. No one else wanted to work with the foul mouthed detective though and Ray was fine with that. Becket spent several months solving cases on his own, happy to get things done without having to put up with anyone else getting in his way (although he did miss Harley…from time to time) but he eventually encountered a young dog who seemed quite a bit smarter than most canines (and a lot of humans he knew). The dog started to follow Becket around, despite Becket’s best attempts to get rid of it, and even helped him solve a case. Seeing that the mutt could be useful, Becket decided to keep him around and christened him Sherlock. Sherlock lived up to his name, accompanying Becket on multiple cases. Becket and Sherlock work well together, even if they are the brunt of a lot of jokes around the station.

Becket (and Sherlock) still help Ricochet out from time to time, often with more than a few jokes from Becket about his old friends choice of clothes.

Surely it must chafe.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/anarchangel/2013/12/Ray-Becket.png
    “Bring it on, punk.” – Ray Becket.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@RobM said:

Anarchangel,

I replied to your post on my Sentinels gallery with a cover idea sketch for Dragonfly; then it occurred to me that you might not see it. Here’s a repeat. The pdf has the text.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/robm/2013/12/DragonflyCoverSketch-1.png
    Download DragonflyCoverSketch.pdf

Cool. I may have to try something with that. Thanks. :)

Mad Jack
    Participant

Becket is badass! Love his style and attitude… Laugh

CantDraw
    Participant

I’m adding Becket to my favorites list. Excellent character!

Anarchangel
    Participant

@Mad Jack said:

Becket is badass! Love his style and attitude… http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

@CantDraw said:

I’m adding Becket to my favorites list. Excellent character!

I’m actually pretty happy with Becket. He turned out pretty much exactly as I had him pictured in my head, With the black eye and broken nose and all. Still, I have to admit I’m surprised you’d declare him a favourite, CantDraw. He’s one of the simpler characters I’ve done. I guess it’s the same logic as Black Betty. Less is more.

I’ll have to remember that. :)

Anarchangel
    Participant

Just re-uploading a couple of character for this weeks contest.
    I know these guys aren’t exactly new but they’re two of the best I have. If I can find the time and motivation to get a new character done then I’ll enter that too.

Anarchangel-Swift.png

Anarchangel-Wind-Dancer.png

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.