Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Scatman

The Hunter,throwback And Damian are awesome I am really drawn to the way you do their cosumes using cool insignia stuff!i am somewhat envious of your out of the box thinking!I need more of that stuff!

Anarchangel
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Nice stuff! Really digging both versions of American Dream. Just looked at this page so far; have to go back and look at your earlier stuff. Was throwback inspired by Sun Wu Kong, the Monkey King from Journey to the west?

That was definitely a part of the inspiration for Throwback, yes.

JR19759
    Keymaster

God, I’ve only been away for a couple of hours and you’ve uploaded half a page’s worth of awesome stuff.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Love the action movie pose on Damien Scott :D I could see definitely see that playing out in slow motion.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

God, I’ve only been away for a couple of hours and you’ve uploaded half a page’s worth of awesome stuff.

You know me. I’m a whirlwind of action and then I’m gone for months on end. :)

Anarchangel
    Participant

@DiCicatriz said:

Love the action movie pose on Damien Scott http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif I could see definitely see that playing out in slow motion.

It was playing in slow motion on repeat in my head the entire time I was creating him.

Anarchangel
    Participant

It’s a were-tiger!!!…..apparently.

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
    In the forests of the night;
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies.
    Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
    On what wings dare he aspire?
    What the hand, dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art,
    Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
    And when thy heart began to beat,
    What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain,
    In what furnace was thy brain?
    What the anvil? what dread grasp,
    Dare its deadly terrors clasp!

When the stars threw down their spears
    And water’d heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger Tyger burning bright,
    In the forests of the night:
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

Tyger-Tyger.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I was looking at your earlier pages and I must say, for someone who sucks at poses, Vox is really cool. I love all the insect themed characters, too. I’ve seen a few ideas I just have to steal!

Anarchangel
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

I was looking at your earlier pages and I must say, for someone who sucks at poses, Vox is really cool. I love all the insect themed characters, too. I’ve seen a few ideas I just have to steal!

Ugh. Vox is actually one of my least favourite creations. I mean on paper he’s an interesting character but the way I’ve depicted him here just doesn’t do him justice.

The pose is OK I guess but I kinda hate that costume.

But thanks anyway. And feel free to steal my ideas. I’m pretty sure I stole most of them myself anyway. :)

CantDraw
    Participant

Good to see you back! Man, that’s a crapload of good charcters you posted. Your costuming is second to none. BTW, I saw your comment on DiCicatriz about wanting to do better faces. Speaking truthfully, I’ve been on HM since 2.5 but didn’t start posting in March because I finally starting to understand how to do faces. I’ll give you two tips: eyesbrows and shading. Changing the position of a pair of eyesbrows will change the expression of face without having to change the other pieces. When it comes to shading, there’s not one right way to do. I mainly use the gradient circle, but others like to use insignias. Just experiment like crazy and I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it. To me the face is the best part of a character.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I already used your solar system idea. I would have used your actual picture but the photo editing app I have (myPhotoEdit) doesn’t let me take something from one picture and put it in another, or I just haven’t figured out how to do that yet. I basically took your idea and changed the size and colors of the planets.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@CantDraw said:

Good to see you back! Man, that’s a crapload of good charcters you posted. Your costuming is second to none. BTW, I saw your comment on DiCicatriz about wanting to do better faces. Speaking truthfully, I’ve been on HM since 2.5 but didn’t start posting in March because I finally starting to understand how to do faces. I’ll give you two tips: eyesbrows and shading. Changing the position of a pair of eyesbrows will change the expression of face without having to change the other pieces. When it comes to shading, there’s not one right way to do. I mainly use the gradient circle, but others like to use insignias. Just experiment like crazy and I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it. To me the face is the best part of a character.

Yeah I’ve been using HM since 2.5 too and I still suck at faces :)

I think it’s mostly the shading that gets me. I’m perfectly fine at shading the rest of the body but when I get to the face I just can’t get it looking natural and the whole character ends up looking weird because of the contrast between the shaded body and the flat, non-shaded face.

Oh well, I guess I’ll get better at faces eventually if I keep trying. I used to be god awful at shading but now, while I wouldn’t say I’m actually good at it, I think I’m improving. Thanks for the advice.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

I already used your solar system idea. I would have used your actual picture but the photo editing app I have (myPhotoEdit) doesn’t let me take something from one picture and put it in another, or I just haven’t figured out how to do that yet. I basically took your idea and changed the size and colors of the planets.

I’m not really sure what you’re referring to here. I don’t remember doing a solar system.

Anarchangel
    Participant

An experiment.

……………………………………

Black Jack (or Blackjack) was originally an identity created by Dragonfly while infiltrating a criminal organization. He abandoned that identity when his mission was over, but recently a new Black Jack has emerged. The identity of this newcomer is unknown but he has displayed an alarmingly similar personality to the one Dragonfly adopted while undercover.

Only Dragonfly and a select few others know that the man currently known as Black Jack is not the original.

Black-Jack.png

Jackal

There’s some great concepts you’ve got here, keep up the good work!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.